Anyone still use 32 bit OS?

News to announce.
usbbdm

Anyone still use 32 bit OS?

Post by usbbdm »

Due to the latest Mac OS 10.15 that disallow 32 bit application to be running, I am asking this question and consider move USB JTAG NT software completely to 64 bit only.
That means Linux and Windows will also be 64 bit only and will not run on 32 bit OS any more.
Please share your thought.
Boxnut

Re: Anyone still use 32 bit OS?

Post by Boxnut »

Not a problem for me, but I do have an older bench computer running Win XP 32 bit.
The machine is 64 bit though, mainly using it for burning EPROM and digital analyzing.
I have usbjtagnt installed and was going to ask about USB drivers. That universal stuff from Cypress crashes the JTAG program.
Some of my information may be incorrect, incomplete,or just plain wrong. Seems I am human. :D
majacaem

Post by majacaem »

I use w7 32 because this pc is only for repair, testing and fix electronics.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

OK I will keep Windows 32 bit as long as Windows does not disable 32bit support.
spacemeat

Post by spacemeat »

IMO, if you continue to support Windows XP, that should be 32bit. Linux, MacOS, and newer Windows shouldn't be that much of an issue being 64bit.

(I have a copy of w7-32, but it isn't used on anything. I've never looked at what the RPi "windows" actually is.)

(M$ published something called xp64, but it was horrible. It was a poorly done rip from w2k3.)
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I have made a non install version and it does work on Windows XP.
Rickz

Post by Rickz »

Reagrds,

i still use XP Pro as well, please check portalbe version, i think is missing scripts and images package..

My Best Regards