USB JTAG NT 0.56 uploaded.

News to announce.
usbbdm

USB JTAG NT 0.56 uploaded.

Post by usbbdm »

Fix.
The connection display for ST40 in 0.55 was wrong.
Feature.
1. Add full programming algorithm for ST40. On Sonicview 8000HD, the programming speed is about 320+KB/s constantly.
2. Significantly improve the read speed to 384KB/s.

After making some more videos for ST40 I will not go back to some other interesting devices.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:Fix.
The connection display for ST40 in 0.55 was wrong.
Feature.
1. Add full programming algorithm for ST40. On Sonicview 8000HD, the programming speed is about 320+KB/s constantly.
2. Significantly improve the read speed to 384KB/s.

After making some more videos for ST40 I will not go back to some other interesting devices.
What do you Mean By NOT GOING BACK to Some Other INTRESTING DEVICES? Or you Mean Once you make the Videos You will go Back to Working on Other Intresting Devices?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I had a pile of device waiting for me to add JTAG to it. One was DC550D which has NAND as its main flash. All the JTAG devices (exclude XBOX) uses NOR flash and NT support them quite well. I need to develop software to support mode devices.
Android is another device I might be interested to play with.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:I had a pile of device waiting for me to add JTAG to it. One was DC550D which has NAND as its main flash. All the JTAG devices (exclude XBOX) uses NOR flash and NT support them quite well. I need to develop software to support mode devices.
Android is another device I might be interested to play with.
I See, So you Ment that once you do the Videos You will GO Back to Other Intresting devices you Want to Add Support To in the Future. COOL. More toys to Play With.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

New video showing the speed of 0.56.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Just upload 0.56a solve issue with display on BDM ON.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

As Always Great Work. Too Bad you still did not add all the DLL's and XML's But I have them saves so I just replace the Folders. ;)
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Which dlls are missing?
Some XMLs are experimental and I do not want include them. The current DLL directory has 14 of them. Still some missing?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Missing from DLL Folder are the Following DLL's

dvitest.dll
sb5120.dll
SCTest.dll

The reason I mention it Is So People stop Posting about not being able to find them.
Like I said, Not that its difficult if one takes the time to become familiar with the Site and Where things Are Located in the Site. But The Real Fact Is Most People are Just Lazy and want everything handed to them. As to the Experimental XML's I Understand, However if Confermed to be working They should be Considered to be Added at Some Point. Like I made an XML for the TM802G, It works But I think it need to Be corected, But iot does the Job. I remember PMing you about taking a look at it to correct the location of the reads. The boot,env's and Firmware seam to all be in correct location. The rest Like Log and stuff don't seam to be in correct location. However it will read and fully Clone Correctly. Any Way those are the Missing DLL's.
And I forgot to mention that there 14 Files Of which 4 are Text Files Not DLL Files.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I bet some dlls does not work any more. It did not update for the NT. Since you asked I put them in the folder. Not a lot of use.

I hope people to make their own XML not me make each one for each target.

If you look at the XML itself, most of them just defined the memory range. Experienced user should not find it difficult to make their own.

I do not want include a lot of XMLs and make it hard to find. Actually people are encouraged to delete the ones they do not use and make the target selection easier. With today's number of XMLs I start to find difficult to find. Maybe it is time to make the folders for XML. Like modems/ cable boxes etc and each folder has much less number of xml files.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

usbbdm wrote:I bet some dlls does not work any more. It did not update for the NT. Since you asked I put them in the folder. Not a lot of use.

If you look at the XML itself, most of them just defined the memory range. Experienced user should not find it difficult to make their own.

I do not want include a lot of XMLs and make it hard to find. Actually people are encouraged to delete the ones they do not use and make the target selection easier. With today's number of XMLs I start to find difficult to find. Maybe it is time to make the folders for XML. Like modems/ cable boxes etc and each folder has much less number of xml files.
that's a good idea! because like capone said there are alot of users here that do not know how to make them..i know that is not helping them to learn how to make them though now is it...but at the same time i know how you like to make things easier for everyone including the non-experienced people. maybe a thread teaching people would also be a good idea..
live your life like a beer commericial
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

OK I will make one. But the software itself already had this function. For Windows 7 you cannot install under the default directory since the XML cannot be saved.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:I bet some dlls does not work any more. It did not update for the NT. Since you asked I put them in the folder. Not a lot of use.

I agree, But the truth is If they don't even Bother to become familiar with the Site to Help themselfs, What makes you think they will take the Time to Learn to make there own XML's. But Like Justsomeguy Said. Mabey making a Thread on the Basics Will help the Real Testers get a Start....