Check it out!

News to announce.
baycal

Check it out!

Post by baycal »

Hello everyone please take a minute to check out the new social group Automotive?...! Lets get some feed back on the topic and see how much testing has been done by others.

The USBJTAG program is the missing link in the interface between technicians and the automotive world!
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

What can I do to help? There is not a lot of info out there to use JTAG/BDM on cars.
baycal

Post by baycal »

Since the software for interfacing the BDM is still in an experimental phase for the automotive link, we need to begin the process of finding out which ECU/ECM systems are able to be read/write. In 1996 the US federal goverment mandated the automotive industry to create one software concept and for all vehicles to have the same data connector known as OBDII or on board diagnostics system 2. There are various lines of communication that are used to read/write through the data connector. OBDI is a system that is in some ways similar the only difference is that every make had there own different data connector, the systems in OBDI also are more user friendly when it comes to opening the case and connecting to the board. The hardware is current to the style of the USBJTAG hardware used. The 1996 and newer systems are not as nice! So far I have opened atleast a dozen Ford EEC-IV and MCU systems. I am now in the process of trial and error when it comes to reading/converting good data. It may take a little while before amazing things start to happen in this new link between the USBJTAG BDM and the automotive industry. I believe that with the help of others soon we will be able to interface just as special dealer software can do to read DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes) that are unread by the scan/flash tools that the automotive repair industry is forced to use.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I had bought one OBDII scanner myself several years ago. The interface was very bad and written by Visual Basic. The interface was serial port. This software will not run on Windows 7. The price for the scanner was about $500 but it cannot be used any more for the PC upgrade. I have no update of this product and possible they have the USB version now. But I doubt they will consider Linux or Mac.
NEC

obd programing

Post by NEC »

My only experience with automotive pcm programming (pre obd2) was with the GM 7730 (94-ish Camaro) ecm and a similar Cadillac ecm when I did an engine swap in my Fiero. It involved removing the memcal, backing up the eprom, erasing it with UV LIGHT and reprogramming with specialized equipment/software after making changes to shift points, fuel trim, fuel cut top speed, VATS security, etc. There are a few people online who sell this software and it is all different depending on what specific ecm you are trying to hack. To my knowledge all obd2 flash programming is handled through the aldl connector. Dealership level software/hardware can re-flash the ecm but still doesn't offer the ability to do much "tuning" as the dealership flash files are written to comply with SMOG, etc. That's where having the specialized aftermarket software comes in. Is there any specific type of automotive ecm you are trying thinking of working with?
baycal

FORD EEC-IV A9L and A3M1

Post by baycal »

I want to interface the Ford EEC-IV system the A9L and A3M1 models both have the ability to be tuned on a real-time dynometer system!