Success use Public server on Nano 2

News to announce.
usbbdm

Success use Public server on Nano 2

Post by usbbdm »

This thread is deleted on http://www.satfix.net. I will post to other FTA forums.

Here is how this is done and latter we might be able to do better testing.
1. You need a good working Nano premium box to clone from (your nano 2 will be the second nano premium in the house, you need the nano premium remote anyway).
2. Make backup of the EEPROM of Nano premium.
3. Use USB JTAG NT (0.50 released yesterday allow you to program EEPROM on Nano 2 / Nano premium) to program the EEPROM to the target (Nano 2).
4. Program the SKY 1.03 firmware on the Nano 2. DO FACTORY DEFAULT.
5. Program hacked SKY 1.03 firmware with the server point to write2.zapto.org. (There is an issue on the hacked firmware I created, you cannot do factory default)
6. Scan the channel and you are set to watch TV on public server on Nano 2.

Things to do.
1. See if the same method can be used on Nano2 firmware. This way Nano 2 remote can be used.
2. Maybe do not need to use hacked firmware but simply modify the DNS on dd-wrt to point to server write2.zapto.org. This way you can do factory default.
3. Find the Mac info in the EEPROM and change it so you have the freedom to CREATE your own Nano Premium.

Here is the video YouTube - how to program the Nano Premium. This is no the video how it is converted. I will make the video latter. This is the first video showing how the EEPROM is backed up and programmed.
popeye54k

Post by popeye54k »

Wish I would've known about this a few days ago. And I thought the Nano 2 were just for true FTA and private server use only (converted to ilink ir220 of course). I do have have a Nanosat Premium in which I could have done a back up from. Either way, good job sir!
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

popeye54k wrote:Wish I would've known about this a few days ago. And I thought the Nano 2 were just for true FTA and private server use only (converted to ilink ir220 of course). I do have have a Nanosat Premium in which I could have done a back up from. Either way, good job sir!
You now can have 100% backup of your nano 2 and do the testing. You can have SECOND "Nano Premium" that runs on public. The key is the mac and as long as you do not use TWO Premium with the same Mac ad the same time you can do it.
Jason02170

Post by Jason02170 »

usbbdm wrote:You now can have 100% backup of your nano 2 and do the testing. You can have SECOND "Nano Premium" that runs on public. The key is the mac and as long as you do not use TWO Premium with the same Mac ad the same time you can do it.
any thing on sv8000 HD i have been turn off about a year already since i bought a sv adapter
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Jason02170 wrote:any thing on sv8000 HD i have been turn off about a year already since i bought a sv adapter
I never had such kind of box. I think SV8000HD should work with private IKS.
popeye54k

Post by popeye54k »

usbbdm wrote:I never had such kind of box. I think SV8000HD should work with private IKS.
100% sure that it does.
boricua

Post by boricua »

i have a nano 2 i need the eprome frome a good nano premium ? some one that have 1 will you share please thanks.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

boricua wrote:i have a nano 2 i need the eprome frome a good nano premium ? some one that have 1 will you share please thanks.
No! It is dangerous to share the EEPROM. The EEPROM has the Mac address in it. If you use his MAC, then his Nano premium will be blocked once the server finds there is duplicate. This method is for you to have SECOND premium while another one is not in use.

For the testing purpose only since I found it is too dangerous and server could shut down completely if we abuse it.
boricua

Post by boricua »

ok thanks now i undertand you could only have 1 reciver on at 1 time only ? i live mine whith private server and ilink ?thanks
popeye54k

Post by popeye54k »

boricua wrote:ok thanks now i undertand you could only have 1 reciver on at 1 time only ? i live mine whith private server and ilink ?thanks
There is another way for you to flash your box via USB to a Nano Premium but there is a downside. You need to buy a Nano Premium remote. Also, it will not connect to public, only private. So you're probably just best to leave it as an I-Ilink for now on private.

What usbbdm was offering to us guys with both of these boxes is an option to go public on the Nano2 (with the nano2 remote) but only one box at a time while the other one is on private.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Right. If you have a nano premium at home then you have the remote. I think it is even possible to have the Nano2 to go public
1. Clone the EEPROM from Nano premium.
2. Use nano2 firmware but change the DNS setting on router, so the IP address resolved is the new server for nano premium. You then can use Nano2 remote.

Use this with caution and never plug TWO FTA box with same MAC at the same time.
Mentronyc

Post by Mentronyc »

Can you just change the mac on one of the units? I have 2 ilink 210 that had the same mac, all I did was go in the menu and changed the last 2 #"s on the mac and that was it. And thats only when you are using a router. A lot of people use separate modems, one for each receiver and that works too without changing the mac.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Mentronyc wrote:Can you just change the mac on one of the units? I have 2 ilink 210 that had the same mac, all I did was go in the menu and changed the last 2 #"s on the mac and that was it. And thats only when you are using a router. A lot of people use separate modems, one for each receiver and that works too without changing the mac.
Yes. You need to modify the Mac address in the EEPROM. Use NT with latest software, it can read/write EEPROM. It is not hard to find out where the mac address is.

Why your TWO ilink have the same Mac? It should not happen unless someone cloned the EEPROM for you.