USB JTAG  

Go Back   USB JTAG > USBJTAG (NT) > JTAG to debrick

Old 05-07-2010, 10:01 AM

Default SB5101 Debrick

Hi i mistakenly flashed webstar dump onto the sb5101, as you can tell its bricked, finds cpu but wont let me do anything always says detect flash first.
so im pretty stuck at this point.

Copyright http://www.usbjtag.com 2008,2009,2010
USB JTAG NT 0.36
-detect
IDCODE 0334917F
Broadcom BCM3349
IMPCODE 00800904
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA supoorted
Unknown flash type!
Report these two value to http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum 88c3,0089,

hope some 1 can help shed some lite on this
Old 05-08-2010, 01:22 AM

Rite i sorted my bricked modem out, no matter how many times i tried and tried it would not flash or erase always said use detect to detect flash!!...

simple way round this i got my other sb5101 detected flash then plugged bricked 1 in and wrote all flash, but when i rebooted all lights still off, but it detected the flash this time round but when i went to flash it again it crashed writing flash, i rebooted modem and ntjtag sw id'ed the chip then used the debrick script took a little longer to program not to much, but once finnished modem booted fine back into life to fight another day...

thought id post id sorted it and how as many dont bother, plus there was no replys i think no1 knew how to over come the prob i had....
Old 05-08-2010, 08:55 AM

Great you got it going. Next Time you may want to try using doing ( Sprogram ) Instead of Program.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:59 AM
Administrator

I believe you have not select the right modem.
Did you select SB5101 modem and your modem is SB5101?
88c3,0089, to me is valid flash and it should be detected unless your xml is not right (endian is not correct).
Old 05-08-2010, 11:23 AM

@usbbdm yea i selected the 5101 and even tried the 5101mod but when went to program always said detect flash 1st, maybe because i had wrong flash fw on it after i flashed the webstar fw to it

@tundra i did try sprogram but got same results as above

i think it was because i had webstar fw on think its a MX tsop flash type thats why it did nt detect flash, i did it the above way that worked did nt think it would but its back on working now maybe there could be suport for the scientific atlanta modem in ntjtag sw. if possible?
Old 05-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by turner123 View Post
@usbbdm yea i selected the 5101 and even tried the 5101mod but when went to program always said detect flash 1st, maybe because i had wrong flash fw on it after i flashed the webstar fw to it

@tundra i did try sprogram but got same results as above

i think it was because i had webstar fw on think its a MX tsop flash type thats why it did nt detect flash, i did it the above way that worked did nt think it would but its back on working now maybe there could be suport for the scientific atlanta modem in ntjtag sw. if possible?
You have selected SB5101. But is it a SB5101 modem? If it is not you need to modify the xml to work with this modem. The problem I see here is it is NOT an SB5101 modem but with the same CPU. So please tell us what exactly modem it is.
flash can be detected with CFI regardless if it is in the flash.xml or not. So the only thing needs to be done is to DEFINE in the xml properly.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usbbdm View Post
You have selected SB5101. But is it a SB5101 modem? If it is not you need to modify the xml to work with this modem. The problem I see here is it is NOT an SB5101 modem but with the same CPU. So please tell us what exactly modem it is.
flash can be detected with CFI regardless if it is in the flash.xml or not. So the only thing needs to be done is to DEFINE in the xml properly.
Yes it is defo a sb5101 i flash this modem on a regular basis with my ntjtag trying new dumps/fw, its a bcm3349 tsop intel 28f1603cb, i flashed bcm3349, tsop mx??????, ie webstar fw, obviously its some what diff artitecture and the 5101 config did not reconise the flash i had put on the modem, i can upload both dumps i used webstar and the sb5101 orig fw, if you would like/need to take a look
Old 05-20-2010, 01:49 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hi i mistakenly flashed webstar dump onto the sb5101, as you can tell its bricked, finds cpu but wont let me do anything always says detect flash first.
so im pretty stuck at this point.

Copyright http://www.usbjtag.com 2008,2009,2010
USB JTAG NT 0.36
-detect
IDCODE 0334917F
Broadcom BCM3349
IMPCODE 00800904
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA supoorted
Unknown flash type!
Report these two value to http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum 88c3,0089,

hope some 1 can help shed some lite on this
this work on SB5100 and SB5101

do this Power ON run a wire from the 3.3v leg of the power rectifier closest to the flash chip.

To pin 1 of the Jtag port (header removed for clarity) (the #1 Pin has a square pad on both sides of the PCB, Top RH in this picture).
Hold it there for a couple of seconds.
Then run the 3.3v wire across each one of the Jtag pins quickly, the lights on the modem will falsh quickly) and you may even see a small spark (normal, but explains why you don't hold the 3.3v wire on the rest of the pins for long, 1 second "hit" is fine)

Leave the modem powered on and connect the Jtag.

now open the JtagUtility or but ever ur using and then try the original backup u did before mod the modem ok

1.detect
2.ldram 9fc10000
3.program 9fc10000 130000

and if u see a writing error try to turn the modem off and quickly connected back fast u can this is the way it work with me on SB5100 and work on SB5101
Old 05-20-2010, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroDJ View Post
this work on SB5100 and SB5101

do this Power ON run a wire from the 3.3v leg of the power rectifier closest to the flash chip.

To pin 1 of the Jtag port (header removed for clarity) (the #1 Pin has a square pad on both sides of the PCB, Top RH in this picture).
Hold it there for a couple of seconds.
Then run the 3.3v wire across each one of the Jtag pins quickly, the lights on the modem will falsh quickly) and you may even see a small spark (normal, but explains why you don't hold the 3.3v wire on the rest of the pins for long, 1 second "hit" is fine)

Leave the modem powered on and connect the Jtag.

now open the JtagUtility or but ever ur using and then try the original backup u did before mod the modem ok

1.detect
2.ldram 9fc10000
3.program 9fc10000 130000

and if u see a writing error try to turn the modem off and quickly connected back fast u can this is the way it work with me on SB5100 and work on SB5101
cheers for the reply i knew about the shorting the chip but in all honesty i shy away from stuff like that as it may cause more damage, i sorted mine out using ntjtag sw powered on a working modem and detected the flash then just swopped it to my none working modem and it wrote fine to the flash but i still had to do the poke commands, all in all took 5 mins.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:21 AM

Quote:
cheers for the reply i knew about the shorting the chip but in all honesty i shy away from stuff like that as it may cause more damage, i sorted mine out using ntjtag sw powered on a working modem and detected the flash then just swopped it to my none working modem and it wrote fine to the flash but i still had to do the poke commands, all in all took 5 mins.
i just did one time the poke but the step did not work on my modem sb5100 so i did this step and i make work so this step make it work and it dont damage ur chip or anything at all so its 99% work and safe.

just simple step men graph a peace a cable and put it on the black 3.3v and power up the modem then
on each pin of the 10pins pass over each one and the lights of the modem they gonna power on an off on each one u pass the cable its just simple thing men and sorry for my English writing lol
look at the pic all u need to do is put the cable on the white i indicate on the pic and then power on the modem and pass over each pin after u done leave the modem powered on and connect the jtag