USB JTAG  

Go Back   USB JTAG > General > News > Old posts

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:49 AM

I think the VIP idea is good -- you could control who gains access that way -- you could have the admins/mods promote members to vip status -- and maybe setup a systems that allows members to put forth names for recommendation, etc.

you could setup language filtering to hide certain content -- I know of several sites that blocked provider names and replaced them with ****** when found may be helpful -- it can still be defeated but it has to be intentional.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:24 PM

yup gonna suggest that to USBBDM and see if we can start working on it..
Old 02-14-2009, 02:57 AM

VIP AREA!!! Excellent idea!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s

When can i get bumped up from something else than member?

I hate seeing just member up there. I would like to think I am more to this community. hint hint

Also, one other suggestion. Add a thanks button to add reputation to a member. just a thought.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:02 AM

Exclamation Hmmmm...

As I see it, VIP would be ONE of the ways towards keeping our heads below the radar screen. CC's have been obviously given the heads up on this forum. This has been a True Testers Site for many to just learn through some guidance from Admin/Mods here, they won't put the jam on the bread for ya. When you learn by doing it is much more rewarding.
Other avenues that come to mind: Private Section, Private Site, IRC etc.

How did this info come to the forefront... Has Admin been notified Warned?
Old 02-14-2009, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinx View Post
When I said the community would be smaller, I meant less people would join the forum. Newcomers who are willing to contribute to the project such as testing new devices, finding bugs in the software, messing around with firmware and nvrams, etc... wouldn't occur as much. Look at the modem uncapping forums for instance. There is a lot of open dialogue in them and they are still up and running.
As i'm rereading this thread, i noticed your post. I dont mean to bash, but this isnt meant to me a uncapping site. This is for testing. Nothing to do with uncapping your modem to get faster speeds than your paying for.

I want to know the limits of the device i am using. Sorta like dd-wrt.

If they are passionate enough this site will progress as it has in the past. Im just afraid this site will get shut down. Thats the last thing I would want. Let alone Shithackers.net who profit from this site. I mean testing is one thing but stealing designs and altering them just a touch THEN patenting them. I mean come on. Good job on taking advantage of other peoples work and taking the hook line and sinker. (free internet, modifying firmware ((which wasnt theirs to begin with)), and posting the fastest configs)

I could go on and on about that site. I would love to punch that guy right in the face. (bitemytaco aka Chris from georgia)

Ive got his phone number if anyone wants it. Well i have his current phone number from about 4 months ago. Im done ranting............

Right in the face.

ok now im done.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:48 PM

Never said it was. Simply saying there are other communities that haven't gotten into legal problems that are dealing with the same CC's.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinx View Post
Never said it was. Simply saying there are other communities that haven't gotten into legal problems that are dealing with the same CC's.
we just dont wanna be under the microscope and currently we are and we need to protect our community.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:08 AM

Thumbs up To Be perfectly Honest

I Really wanted to see if I could use a dct I've found versus paying deposits and rentals
for services and channels included in Your services and Legitimately free if you have a newer tv.But We all know LCD tv's arent cheap.
Once a box is down its useless without some programming help.And thats where this forum offers some advise.
I eventually would like to learn how to remap one into a free-to-air converter.
Just following the "Digital Convergence"....
Old 04-06-2010, 10:37 AM

Default Protecting Site Content

If this forum is based within the USA, the compiled rights are protected under US law. Technically and legally, all you need is a disclaimer on the sign up page.

Your disclaimer needs to read something like this:

"The information contained on this site is for educational purposes only."

"If you are affiliated with any type of Cable Company "INSERT NAMES OF CABLE COMPANIES HERE" (i.e. Time Warner, ComCast, Brighthouse, etc.) you are NOT permitted to gain access, not are you permitted to sign up for an account on this site."

"If you are affiliated with any vendor or manufacturer of cable equipment "INSERT COMPANY NAMES HERE" (i.e. Motorola, Cisco, Scientific Atlanta, etc.) you are NOT permitted to gain access, nor are you permitted to sign up for an account on this site."

"If you are affiliated with any type of law enforcement, you are not permitted to gain access, nor are you permitted to sign up for an account on this site."

Server logs are maintained and monitored for compliance of this notice.

By agreeing to the above statement, you release and hold harmless any owner, operator, web host, ISP or member of this site from any legal action.

---

You might also want to monitor server logs and block access from IP addresses of suspected cable companies and law enforcement agencies.

Be sure to only block a certain range, not the entire IP allocation. Doing so could prevent legit members from accessing this site.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:14 PM

VIP area is a great idea. Remember some testers may only have an old version bdm where there are no serial numbers. Another thing I was thinkin was how about removing our community from coming up under goggles searches. How exactly would the VIP area be established, meaning how would one gain entrance? Also what makes u think that we are under the radar now after all these years?
Old 04-12-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuuked View Post
VIP area is a great idea. Remember some testers may only have an old version bdm where there are no serial numbers. Another thing I was thinkin was how about removing our community from coming up under goggles searches. How exactly would the VIP area be established, meaning how would one gain entrance? Also what makes u think that we are under the radar now after all these years?

I doubt very much that we are "Under the radar" -- I have no doubt that providers have kept an eye on things here -- I suspect that is why Cipher is not longer posting here -- which is a real shame as they clearly had a good understanding of the processes often discussed here.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:52 PM

iam all for keeping the forum and the software secure .....and keep the cc out

regards
Old 04-12-2010, 11:07 PM

Exclamation um

Sound like you're spooked, i have about 31 years testing from on tv, zee channel and select tv i saw cc companies come ago .just think the dct series units been out since 1995 this testing sight only been around since 2005. Cc has been relaxing for 10 years because they believe the dct system was fool proof so there was no need for engineers to come out with tools to combat testing of the dct units .i also believe they (cc) dont understand 90 percent of this testing sight even their brightest engineers take a look at fta and direct tv both those testing sights destroyed and done away with now look how both was out of control people selling satellite cards and boxes out their homes and backyards this here takes a rocket scientist to understand this sight its not made for everyone im stll learning and you too even the great one usbdm is still learning . So stop being spooked we all in school even cc engineers .
Old 09-10-2010, 07:41 PM

Good idea, we have to try something before cc gets too much info.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:55 PM

Default what if

well if i want to watch this forum i just have to buy the usbjta nt or usbbdm to get info on how to test right
so lets say the cc's want to watch this site even if u guys create a vip area or something else will be easy to anyone to get there what im saying is that is obsolete to think like that if the cc want to be a vip member will even donate a couple dollars to get in the same place that u guys want to be so dont worry there's nothing to hide from them u guys just keep testing like nothing happened cause in this forum no one gives info on how to go online or even worst to get a dct full working so guys common we are safe
its just my opinion im happy with the testing and videos i do so ill be testing so see you guys later
chale ya no voy a fumar esa madre