USB JTAG  

Go Back   USB JTAG > General > News > Old posts

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 05:34 PM

Yup we know that much but we dont want to do any kind of IP operations.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:54 PM

Well it would create the "chicken or the egg" problem. If you setup the forums so people could only signup with the serial of their product..... how would people know what they could do so they would buy one?

IMHO you'd be killing usbbdm's sales if you implemented that type of system.

Diagnostic and repair equipment is not illegal to sell or discus. Even reading that wired article about the modem guy. Justice department said what he was selling was legal, it was how he was selling them and what he was saying and doing for users that was illegal.

Don't think you need to break out the tinfoil hats yet.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:03 PM

it will not help at this point...i believe the spirit its gone since the clone. nobody share anything anymore...only bdm what he can do otherwise that is it.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooker View Post
Well it would create the "chicken or the egg" problem. If you setup the forums so people could only signup with the serial of their product..... how would people know what they could do so they would buy one?

IMHO you'd be killing usbbdm's sales if you implemented that type of system.

Diagnostic and repair equipment is not illegal to sell or discus. Even reading that wired article about the modem guy. Justice department said what he was selling was legal, it was how he was selling them and what he was saying and doing for users that was illegal.

Don't think you need to break out the tinfoil hats yet.

you can keep the diagnostic info that is currently listed outside of the forum where it is -- and your right discussing diagnostic equipment is not illegal -- unless that discussion is regarding how to obtain programming your not paying for which a good portion of post currently are.

its just like an FTA -- you can sell and support it all you want -- but sell it "pre flashed" or provide the bins to your customers and you are tying your own noose, lots of sites have gone this way -- nothing is 100% protection -- but doing nothing is far worse.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:56 PM

Well out aim is to revive the spirit in the forum, we need to start protecting our stuff, i'm pretty sure we can provide a very accurate description of the operations that the jtag can perform and the devices that they can be performed on. That would be a great deal of information to convince a customer to buy without seeing the forum, we need to clean out this forum, so persons wont be afraid to share anymore.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:21 AM

When I said the community would be smaller, I meant less people would join the forum. Newcomers who are willing to contribute to the project such as testing new devices, finding bugs in the software, messing around with firmware and nvrams, etc... wouldn't occur as much. Look at the modem uncapping forums for instance. There is a lot of open dialogue in them and they are still up and running.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinx View Post
When I said the community would be smaller, I meant less people would join the forum. Newcomers who are willing to contribute to the project such as testing new devices, finding bugs in the software, messing around with firmware and nvrams, etc... wouldn't occur as much. Look at the modem uncapping forums for instance. There is a lot of open dialogue in them and they are still up and running.
So i guess we should just ignore the spies and hope for the best, bcuz i'm not getting much positive feedback.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:47 AM

Honestly the first amendment to the constitution is what protects a lot of sites and publications. Talking about criminal activity in a discussion is not illegal until you have suggested that you have done such a crime or intend to do so or encourage someone to do such a crime. Then you have to determine what crime was committed. Freedom of speech is a huge obstacle to law enforcement, and a lot of time they don’t even bother because of the insignificance of what is discussed in little forums like these. If it can’t be classified as national security or piracy, theft etc. they just don’t think it’s worth the paperwork.

But I’m not a lawyer so what am I talking about. ;-)
Old 02-12-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shappyking View Post
So i guess we should just ignore the spies and hope for the best, bcuz i'm not getting much positive feedback.
Well I for one stand behind you guys in protecting the site and software
Old 02-12-2009, 11:04 AM

The aim is to stop them from viewing our forum, bcuz they are using the information we are sharing against us..
Old 02-12-2009, 06:10 PM

Default Responses

Anymore responses?
Old 02-13-2009, 02:38 AM

a VIP forum with more "sensitive" information would help. Authorities don't care so much if a few people are breaking the law, but when the masses are, thats when they care.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:13 AM

Great Idea
Bweazer
Old 02-13-2009, 09:51 AM

Can be considered also, not a bad idea. What do u think guys?
Old 02-13-2009, 10:30 AM

Post Suggestions

I like the VP idea. Could you setup a filter sytem that would not let people post if they state something illegal? You could send a auto response that says (Please repost as your post is illeagal and will not be posted. You can get the same answer by just rewording your post to make it legal). You could post rules that give example of what is illegal post. You could also have someone go thourgh all your old post and reword them to make them legal. (I know that would take alot of work). I heard this site was hosted in the US. I also heard it was hosted overseas. I hope for the latter.
Closed Thread