USB JTAG  

Go Back   USB JTAG > General > News > Old posts

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 06:43 AM

Question re

sir is it a must we download this new nt right away when you finally release it and would it be wise for us to wait until everything is added.sir what i need to know is as soon as it is release will it cover both dct2224 and 2500 series converters and also rca315 and motorola 5100 modems i have abundance of all and if such application is not complete this will disrupt my daily testing
Old 09-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Administrator

In terms of software, I have unified the DCT and BDM. (That is DCT2000 and DCT2500, and SB modems). But hardware will still be different as I have optimized the chip to run both protocols. The goal is to add new devices to NT as it is more flexible.
The adjustable JTAG clock allows more device to be added.

New configuration (xml based) allows add new device much easier.

I am finishing the EJTAG32 programming and will add EJTAG64 next week. The software is almost re-written to allow more device and more protocol (ARM is on the list and so do DCU3).

I got one pace 501 box from one of the member and tested with USB JTAG and USB JTAG NT, USB JTAG NT runs very smooth to read and write while USB JTAG stucks in the middle.

Because of I still use 12MHz as default JTAG clock, the speed bump is not huge. On SB5101 the read memory is almost the same speed. On DCT700 the read speed is about 40-50% faster. (Non DMA). If I use 24MHz I can see huge speed jump but it catches noise and will not allow long cable.

After finish the EJTAG 32 I will test again on linksys routers to see if it is much more reliable.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:28 AM

hi, good work usbbdm, one thing, any way the usbjtag NT will have a plastic case around it, it would look better than shrink boot and be more protected.
Thanks
Old 09-17-2008, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by natas View Post
hi, good work usbbdm, one thing, any way the usbjtag NT will have a plastic case around it, it would look better than shrink boot and be more protected.
Thanks
Not this batch. I had the plan in the future to make a plastic. But it all depends on if there is an effort to clone and my time and energy will spend on this rather than improve the product.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:33 PM

I like the thermal rubber... looks cool and seems to be very well protected (keep it far from pointy things )
Old 09-18-2008, 06:42 AM

Default re

when will it be avalible and offered on this market place sir
Old 09-18-2008, 09:06 AM
Administrator

Like I said, before end of Sept.
The software is almost ready. I will see if I can squeeze in the EJTAG64 in for the first release.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:40 AM
Administrator

I just finished the all EJTAG32 and BDM NT. Include the activation. I will then start EJTAG64. And then ST20.
The reason it is not released yet is that shipping delayed caused by Olympic game held in China. (Electronic devices needs to be checked for "security reason"). I am pushing for shipping. I am not 100% sure if I can get it before Oct 1.

Just heads up for people waiting for NT.
1. It will have unique hardware ID for each device. (JTAG NT BDM NT and future JPIN ).
2. Each software needs activation. You will get the activation in the shopping page. You will be asked to enter hardware ID and/or (email address, that is for dealer who has different email address for user) to get activation code. I will post a video how to get activation.
3. New software GUI for modem and cable boxes will be created. Name for modem will be called JModem. Each software will be licenced (purchased). You can use the software (CLI) comes with hardware.

Whenever hardware is ready I will release to you at any stage of the software. Missing features will be added latter. The first release I have removed the fast programming for SB4100/4200 as I find it problematic. The slow programming will gain about 20KB/s on these modems which is not bad. But I hope it can debrick all the modems that cannot be fixed by USB JTAG.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:52 PM

Default bdm how much is going to cost the new usb jtag nt

everybody here wants to know?can you received preorders of the new jtag you should.iam going to be the first one to pre-order so let us know youre faithful fallowers.that we keep learning with you thank you.jackal
Old 09-22-2008, 02:53 PM

So what is the Main thing about the NT.

Will you be able to test other stuff, Better things.

OR is it mainly for Clones. Is I see More Security stuff about it.

I'm Just lost....
Old 09-22-2008, 03:06 PM

Default you will have evething in one jtag plus

you will be able to test other things read so nobody has to tell you whats going on new software could other things and more.............................................. .................................

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In terms of software, I have unified the DCT and BDM. (That is DCT2000 and DCT2500, and SB modems). But hardware will still be different as I have optimized the chip to run both protocols. The goal is to add new devices to NT as it is more flexible.
The adjustable JTAG clock allows more device to be added.

New configuration (xml based) allows add new device much easier.

I am finishing the EJTAG32 programming and will add EJTAG64 next week. The software is almost re-written to allow more device and more protocol (ARM is on the list and so do DCU3).

I got one pace 501 box from one of the member and tested with USB JTAG and USB JTAG NT, USB JTAG NT runs very smooth to read and write while USB JTAG stucks in the middle.

Because of I still use 12MHz as default JTAG clock, the speed bump is not huge. On SB5101 the read memory is almost the same speed. On DCT700 the read speed is about 40-50% faster. (Non DMA). If I use 24MHz I can see huge speed jump but it catches noise and will not allow long cable.

After finish the EJTAG 32 I will test again on linksys routers to see if it is much more reliable.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal View Post
everybody here wants to know?can you received preorders of the new jtag you should.iam going to be the first one to pre-order so let us know youre faithful fallowers.that we keep learning with you thank you.jackal
I do not receive that. Why should I make preorder? You will see it anyway. I have seen other sites receive preorder and miss the date being complained. I will not.

The software is ready and I only wait the hardware which is still not on the way yet. It was made 1.5 months ago.

There will be enough for order. So do not worry.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug View Post
So what is the Main thing about the NT.

Will you be able to test other stuff, Better things.

OR is it mainly for Clones. Is I see More Security stuff about it.

I'm Just lost....
Security is one thing. The securer the less chance being cloned and user will then be protected to get new features.

New stuff is adding. I just got asked to support DCT700 3.26 firmware and that is simple example.
But SB5102 modem (serial flash) support is big feature.
GUI application is on the TODO list.

There is a trouble to make more USB JTAG in volumn as the chip is obsolete and the chips on the market now are second hand (used), thus the quality is not recommended. If you go to Cypress website and search AN2131 you will find it is not recommended. New FX chips are better supported. The USB JTAG NT use FX2 chip which is much more powerful. This is completely redesign the HW/SW. There are some techs used that is never being used in the world.

Supporting USB JTAG on Vista64 with WinUSB driver and Cypress driver had never been done before. I ported to USB JTAG simply I had this done on NT and thought it might be useful. But the cloner keeps clone that leads the JTAG to stop. I have to only put good stuff in NT only.

In terms of testing more device, you will find it is much more powerful configuration. You will not select from a long long list defined in usbjtag.def. You will have each device as xml document. You can
1. select by family to narrow the selection.
2. You can remove devices you do not interest.

See the attachment file for example. There is a new parameter to adjust the JTAG clock so certain device with lower JTAG clock can be accessed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TSB5100.zip (503 Bytes, 107 views)
Old 09-24-2008, 09:34 AM

will there be a gui that all you have to do is hit one number and the gui will do the rest far as programming a modem, or dct 2224...ect?
Old 09-25-2008, 09:05 AM
Administrator

This will not be in the first release.
I will create another GUI app that will be similar to blackcat UI to do all modem programming.
Of course it will not be xml configurable.

At this point I still have not received the confirmation that the package is delivered. It is possible that the deliver will happen after Oct 1 and it will take about 10 days to arrive to me.
Closed Thread