USB JTAG  

Go Back   USB JTAG > General > News > Old posts

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Default USB JTAG NT 0.37b released.

1. Allow visually display JTAG speed.
If you type "speed x" command it will display on left which JTAG clock is used. Lower the JTAG clock if you found it has problem. Mostly caused by long wire.
If you click any speed, the proper JTAG (BDM) speed will be selected. Please note if your device is meant to use lower speed, click higher speed will not work. The JTAG (BDM) clock can be defined in the xml file for the target.

2. Allow paste for command.
Control+V is now enabled. Also you can use right mouse click to paste "ONE LINE" command. Multiple lines will not work properly for commands.

3. Auto script option. Greatly improve the usability.
This is a great feature, especially for beginner. If you have a script file that has the same name as the target it can auto starts. (Default is enabled but you can disable this feature under configuration).
eg. You select SB6120 and sb6120.usp exist. Any time you start new application it will auto start the sb6120 script.

Now it is good time to create good script for each target. And for those who test the target can use NT easily.

4. Display SPI chip connection.
Display the SPI connection for SPI chip.

Again, please report any bugs. Hot patches for quick fix. New release for new features.
Happy testing.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:58 AM

great news usbbdm....thanks for adding the paste function ....i take it u cant copy from the program as i copy the result of the detection to post it here for help??
how to install the new version? just install it on top of the old one? or drag the new exe file and folder and replace the old one??

thanks alot usbbdm
Old 04-26-2010, 05:10 AM

The copy function has always been available in the main top window , just not the bottom one as there is no need for a copy function in that.
To install just overwrite the existing files in your Usbtag folder. You will know if it is successful as it should show the new version number on the top of the application.

Regards
Old 04-26-2010, 10:29 AM

thanks koevoet for that...work like a charm
Old 04-27-2010, 01:10 AM

The dct2224 dll included with the update does not support newest firmware.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatucker View Post
The dct2224 dll included with the update does not support newest firmware.
OK I will take a look. In the mean time it is reported that the autoscript does not work for DCT2224 (BDM). I will fix that and possible a quick patch. (0.37a)
Old 04-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Administrator

0.37a is uploaded. In the setup it includes the latest dlls. The problem for auto script for BDM is fixed. So you can use auto script for DCT2224 now.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:51 PM

Is there a change in the software which would prevent the reset command from working? I can no longer reset any of my boxes with the software.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:23 AM

Hi, about the xbox360 auto script it always says check your connection even if the connection is good.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatucker View Post
Is there a change in the software which would prevent the reset command from working? I can no longer reset any of my boxes with the software.
If it is DCT2224 then you might have burnt the reset pin. The reset pin has week output. IF you improperly connect (like reverse the connector) the target you might kill the reset pin.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak4d7 View Post
Hi, about the xbox360 auto script it always says check your connection even if the connection is good.
Are you saying manually it worked but with auto script it does not work? Then I need to fix it. I hope I can chat with you sometime latter.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:01 AM

Default a Bug in .37A

Quote:
Originally Posted by usbbdm View Post
Are you saying manually it worked but with auto script it does not work? Then I need to fix it. I hope I can chat with you sometime latter.
I found out yesterday when I installed the new Version .37a with the Auto Script turned on it won't detect any device, so I had to turn that function off and I was able to detect devices again before I could read or write to device.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoe332006 View Post
I found out yesterday when I installed the new Version .37a with the Auto Script turned on it won't detect any device, so I had to turn that function off and I was able to detect devices again before I could read or write to device.
I found that too. The "detect" command" works. The tool bar command is not working I will make 0.37b to fix this. Thanks for reporting this bug.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by usbbdm View Post
I found that too. The "detect" command" works. The tool bar command is not working I will make 0.37b to fix this. Thanks for reporting this bug.
0.37b for download to fix this issue. You can post in the "bug report" forum for this kind of issue.
Closed Thread