USB JTAG  

Go Back   USB JTAG > USBJTAG (NT) > Product Support.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-30-2012, 11:36 PM
cosanovas cosanovas is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 45
Question Arris TM822g

-flshdct 0
Unknown flash type!
Report these values http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum 00,00,00
adding power at pin 2 give me this error ...do i need and XML?

chip name Winbond 250128BV10
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3698.jpg
Views:	862
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	777  

Last edited by cosanovas; 01-31-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-02-2012, 09:18 AM
CAPONE CAPONE is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosanovas View Post
-flshdct 0
Unknown flash type!
Report these values http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum 00,00,00
adding power at pin 2 give me this error ...do i need and XML?

chip name Winbond 250128BV10
If you Provide the Flash Datasheet PDF to USBBDM Maybe he can Add the Flash ID info and Create a XML for that particular Flash.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-02-2012, 10:10 AM
usbbdm usbbdm is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,879
Default

This is SPI flah and no need to give me the datasheet. When you see 00,00 which means there is a problem with connection not the software.
You might use the method of applying 3.3v on pin 2 and that might not work in some cases.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-02-2012, 11:47 AM
CAPONE CAPONE is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usbbdm View Post
This is SPI flah and no need to give me the datasheet. When you see 00,00 which means there is a problem with connection not the software.
You might use the method of applying 3.3v on pin 2 and that might not work in some cases.
If 3.3 Volts don't work try 5 Volts.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:35 AM
Whammy45 Whammy45 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 26
Default

What xml do u use to id read/write to this device is it the same as the 802g
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-25-2013, 02:40 AM
CAPONE CAPONE is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammy45 View Post
What xml do u use to id read/write to this device is it the same as the 802g
I believe that is the target I select when I read these.
__________________
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-28-2013, 08:18 AM
Whammy45 Whammy45 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 26
Default

Well am posting back results I can id chip but it seem like as far as to program it can't be done maybe i can post it so usbdm can take a look at it...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-28-2013, 08:46 AM
usbbdm usbbdm is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,879
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammy45 View Post
Well am posting back results I can id chip but it seem like as far as to program it can't be done maybe i can post it so usbdm can take a look at it...
This is an SPI flash,(250128BV10), so I am not sure if it is right to select 802g
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-28-2013, 12:07 PM
CAPONE CAPONE is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammy45 View Post
Well am posting back results I can id chip but it seem like as far as to program it can't be done maybe i can post it so usbdm can take a look at it...
This target CAN BE DONE, I have done so my self and helped other do the same. Do a search and you will find the needed INFO.
__________________
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-06-2013, 04:00 AM
Whammy45 Whammy45 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 26
Default

Ok i've figure out this one but stumble upon a new chip type that doesn't let me id it, it's num a238 i've tried 3 of these and all give me nothing all it says unknown flash type values 01,84,10 or 40,82,00 Capone what do u think?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:36 AM
CAPONE CAPONE is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammy45 View Post
Ok i've figure out this one but stumble upon a new chip type that doesn't let me id it, it's num a238 i've tried 3 of these and all give me nothing all it says unknown flash type values 01,84,10 or 40,82,00 Capone what do u think?
Can't say, if its a different flash then you may need to add to flash list and a flash XML. Can you post a GOOD picture of that flash? That number don't sound right.
__________________
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-09-2013, 01:50 PM
JailbreakOOL JailbreakOOL is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1
Default

Okay. So if it CAN be done, can the connections be found on this forum?
I'm aware it would be the same target as the 802 but where would the connections go it doesn't have the same chip/tuner as the 802
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-13-2016, 12:43 PM
radek radek is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JailbreakOOL View Post
Okay. So if it CAN be done, can the connections be found on this forum?
I'm aware it would be the same target as the 802 but where would the connections go it doesn't have the same chip/tuner as the 802
This should help:
http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=9369
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-18-2017, 09:24 AM
Whammy45 Whammy45 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 26
Default

Ok i have another problem now with the 822, so now Ive ran into the one's with the blue board but no matter what i do it's not detecting the chip am talking about five different one's...any other one with the green board no issues, have anyone figured out this unit...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-06-2017, 12:39 PM
deestee deestee is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 7
Default

sure it's the same 822, same layout? compared chip/pics?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.