USB JTAG  

Go Back   USB JTAG > General > News > Old posts

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 10:15 PM

Default Forum apparently under watch!!

Apparently the forum is under watch by CC's. So in a breath to keep our selves safe, so there is method being considered to implement a serial number on all usbjtags, and have users enter that serial number during signup, that serial number can be used to only sign up 1 account. Please give me your feedback..

Further steps will have to be taken, but this is a start. I need feedback from all the members of the forum. Please say if u are for it or against it.

Please and Thanks..
Old 02-10-2009, 11:35 PM

as allways -- anyone viewing forums such as these should use a proxy of some kind at the very least
Old 02-11-2009, 03:14 AM

There is nothing illegal about reading these forums. And if that method were used, CC's could buy a usbjtag and get access anyway. They can afford it. Also, by doing that, it would reduce the community significantly and decrease expansion.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:19 AM

I agree w sphinx. I'm following this forum for a long time just for the mental challenge of the hacking experience, learn for others, and contribute when I have something to say.

I didn't buy the USBJtag yet for my DCT700, but must surely will do when I have the opportunity to travel to the states (I live in South America, BTW).
Regards, Wolf.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:12 AM

I never said there was anything illegal about reading these forums -- but anyone posting questions about "activating" boxes, and cloning NVRams -- is asking for trouble if they don't protect themselves -- as such activities are deemed illegal.

as for the CC's not being interested -- I'm sure that's what people thought about DTV back in the day too and look how that turned out.

anyways -- I'm not trying to dictate anyone's behavior too them -- simply a friendly word of advise.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:29 AM

Exactly the point GideonOmega, they are using the information we are sharing against us. So we need to take a stands, bcuz the operations we are performing are asking for trouble, so against or for?
Old 02-11-2009, 11:03 AM

Smile

Is this related to what supposed to have happen to DerEngel? I know that I may say I need to clone some part of a unit, but I only test. I work for a repair company. Our boxes never get used for taking free cable. I think you should do something..but what? Make a section for people that teaches them what words not to say. Do you have a automated thread tracker that can search for certain words? You could hold up posting any post that have those key words in them until it is reviewed (this way you don't have to review all post before they are posted). Sorry if this doesn't help. That's why I come to this site for answer (cause I have alot of questions).
Old 02-11-2009, 11:35 AM

I dont think you guys are understanding what i am saying, our forum is under scrutiny buy CC's and we need to block them, so those are the proposed measures, Do u agree with them?
Old 02-11-2009, 12:55 PM

Well it is hard to say -- it will filter out some -- however sphinx is correct -- the providers will simply purchase one for the purpose of getting in the door -- and have likely already.

by making it private (as per owners only) it would be easier to identify any leaks and a strong site eula when signing up may help protect the site -- although I don't know how it would effect the current members.

also one thing to keep in mind -- if the site is not hosted internationally -- and I don't think it is, if the providers ever felt that any seriously compromising information was available here -- there is a chance that an anton-pillar order would be issued and all data from the site sized -- which would include at the very least your email addresses and what ever other personal info you have added. -- also and usbbdm can provide more info on this -- if there is any sorting of site logging in place -- all of your IP's would be available as well -- I'm not saying there is logging but it may be in place as a diagnostic tool even.

now that being said I am not trying to scare anyone or suggest you should not share info -- I'm all for free ware etc. you just need to be careful -- especially if the current smart card swap is successful on d**hnet and Be!! in preventing unauthorized access -- people will look for a new source -- and this site is one of very few that I have found with such information -- I bet you have had a fairly large influx of members in the last 6 months or so?

one lasts point -- with some sat providers -- the SI (signal integrity) dept has people which have the job to simply login to hacking sites and catalog every post -- it has happened many times that they have linked the userid's to a particular person -- then used all there posts as evidence against them.

once again just some friendly advice take it how you like.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:08 PM

Great points, we know they would just purchase 1, but with the system that would be put in place they can be easily identified. There will be many updates to that, but as you know we must start somewhere.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinx View Post
There is nothing illegal about reading these forums. And if that method were used, CC's could buy a usbjtag and get access anyway. They can afford it. Also, by doing that, it would reduce the community significantly and decrease expansion.
This would definitely not reduce the community in any way shape or form. Unless there is only persons from CC's in here.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:16 PM

Im curious what methods would be implemented to identify possible provider agents using the serials?

I hope you guys are not thinking about IP checking in the software?
Old 02-11-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GideonOmega View Post
Im curious what methods would be implemented to identify possible provider agents using the serials?

Nope IP checking will not be included, we have a very smart and well computerized method. As i said it will be of no arm to legitimate members. Trust me on that.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GideonOmega View Post

Hey man, i see u have good contributions to this topic, if u wish to discuss other methods which can be added to our, then u can send me them in a PM. Bless.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:06 PM

only admin and moderators can see were the ip is from then they can trace it up to 5 mile radius.

proxy users is different.