USB JTAG  

Go Back   USB JTAG > General > News > Old posts

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Default Please report spammer!

Quote:
i got a message from somebody in this forum name ladyadmistrator saying i have a virus in on my computer and gives me a link to click on like im dum this person acts like he or she is a part of your staff but is a junior member
If you get such kind of PM let me know and the user will be banned.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usbbdm View Post
If you get such kind of PM let me know and the user will be banned.

usbbdm

Go to vBulletin Options and choose (Censor) Be sure to add there links to the Censor option there for there link will come up as www.*******.Com . You may want to do this to prevent users from getting r00ted. Many user use links to inject r00t kits to get access to there pcs. Many outer people just do it for cookie injection on a small scale. You will find later many of these type of spammers will go to mass domain list or tiny url exts. If you need help on how to prevent any of it let me know I'm always here to help out. You should also look into VBSEO this will change the way Vbullton index's the board. I have tons of customs scrips written for Vb .

A true spammer would write a scrip to spam each user from there User ID. A user id it how VB identifys each users such as below.

http://usbjtag.com/vbforum/member.php?u=7437

As you can see user id of my account is 7437 You would need to code a custom scrip to do a range from user id 1 - the last user on the board. When you use VBseo it will not use user ids no more it will go my User names_Html files. This makes it a bitch for spammers. You may also want to limit your amount of pms per user in box a spammer will need to set up tons of accounts to spam the whole board. I have some nasty scrips written for Vb if you ever need any type of help for it let me know.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:18 AM

0n3.m4n.4rmy Weren't you the one posting hacked accounts and pw lists on other sites?

Careful usbbdm....
Old 01-25-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0n3.m4n.4rmy View Post
usbbdm

Go to vBulletin Options and choose (Censor) Be sure to add there links to the Censor option there for there link will come up as www.*******.Com . You may want to do this to prevent users from getting r00ted. Many user use links to inject r00t kits to get access to there pcs. Many outer people just do it for cookie injection on a small scale. You will find later many of these type of spammers will go to mass domain list or tiny url exts. If you need help on how to prevent any of it let me know I'm always here to help out. You should also look into VBSEO this will change the way Vbullton index's the board. I have tons of customs scrips written for Vb .

A true spammer would write a scrip to spam each user from there User ID. A user id it how VB identifys each users such as below.

http://usbjtag.com/vbforum/member.php?u=7437

As you can see user id of my account is 7437 You would need to code a custom scrip to do a range from user id 1 - the last user on the board. When you use VBseo it will not use user ids no more it will go my User names_Html files. This makes it a bitch for spammers. You may also want to limit your amount of pms per user in box a spammer will need to set up tons of accounts to spam the whole board. I have some nasty scrips written for Vb if you ever need any type of help for it let me know.
carefuulll this,,,,,i see....
Old 01-28-2010, 05:13 PM
Administrator

I even get spammed via PM today. I have done some setting to prevent this.
First the site has been replaced with warning message.
Then the message send interval has changed.
Third the number of person for PM can only be one at a time.

Hope those guy go away. The person's IP ad been banned but he might change another IP.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usbbdm View Post
I even get spammed via PM today. I have done some setting to prevent this.
First the site has been replaced with warning message.
Then the message send interval has changed.
Third the number of person for PM can only be one at a time.

Hope those guy go away. The person's IP ad been banned but he might change another IP.

I have not got no spammed pms Wish I would LOL. Who ever is doing it there doing it there self and a Bot it not doing it. You are user ID # 3 then the admin that's user id 1 or 2 get hit as well ? If you want to detect a way to see if they reg on the site again with another ID I can help you with that as well.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Administrator

The site they wanted to lead to had been replaced in the VB. But this is a virus site. Even firefox will popup and stop them. Why those guys keep on comming. They have no life?
Closed Thread