SBG900 Bricked

This is JTAG to debrick any JTAG device. Modem, cable boxes, dish boxes routers.
devDelay

SBG900 Bricked

Post by devDelay »

Hello. I have a SBG900 with INTEL TE28F640J3C120.

This flash was being detected at first but no longer is recognized when using detect and says the flash type is unknown flash device. The code it gives me is 0000, 0000 and other times 0080, 0000

I have used flshset boot 89 0017 to manually set but when trying to sprogram boot it appears to start flashing at a higher speed than normal (57kb/s) and freezes. I am using usbjtag.exe .24 When I get the code 0080, 0000 I am able to sprogram boot but cmpram fails and still no detect upon reset.

This is actually the 2nd time I've had problems with this flash type, previously I had issue with a WRT54GS v1.1 with the exact same flash, it appears in flash.def that this chip is listed as 8MB instead of 4MB. The chip is 8MB or there is a 4MB version? I'd appreciate any insight you can provide. Thanks.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

devDelay wrote:Hello. I have a SBG900 with INTEL TE28F640J3C120.

This flash was being detected at first but no longer is recognized when using detect and says the flash type is unknown flash device. The code it gives me is 0000, 0000 and other times 0080, 0000

I have used flshset boot 89 0017 to manually set but when trying to sprogram boot it appears to start flashing at a higher speed than normal (57kb/s) and freezes. I am using usbjtag.exe .24 When I get the code 0080, 0000 I am able to sprogram boot but cmpram fails and still no detect upon reset.

This is actually the 2nd time I've had problems with this flash type, previously I had issue with a WRT54GS v1.1 with the exact same flash, it appears in flash.def that this chip is listed as 8MB instead of 4MB. The chip is 8MB or there is a 4MB version? I'd appreciate any insight you can provide. Thanks.
The size of the flash is 8M. Here is how to calculate, TE28F640J3C120 is 64 Mbit which is 8M Byte = (64/8). Same applies 28F160 is 16Mbit and 2MByte. So do not doubt the size.
When you debrick do you check the two options? I put in the video and you can have two option to play. In the future I might add more option when debrick.
devDelay

Post by devDelay »

I was using both check boxes. Just recently I was able to type debrick, flshset boot 89 0017 and the sprogram the bootloader without complaints. But cmpram always fails and says chip is 0 and pc is 08. So I guess that means it isn't doing anything. I was also able to load the full dump I made before it stopped detecting and flashed that after I sprogram boot with a regular program. It took a very very long time to erase and then flash. But still no luck. And still no detect of the flash device. I'm really not sure what this thing's deal is. Got any ideas?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

devDelay wrote:I was using both check boxes. Just recently I was able to type debrick, flshset boot 89 0017 and the sprogram the bootloader without complaints. But cmpram always fails and says chip is 0 and pc is 08. So I guess that means it isn't doing anything. I was also able to load the full dump I made before it stopped detecting and flashed that after I sprogram boot with a regular program. It took a very very long time to erase and then flash. But still no luck. And still no detect of the flash device. I'm really not sure what this thing's deal is. Got any ideas?
I just found there is a possible bug when programing the 640 chip use sprogram. But your case is different. Try to use 0.24 see if you can detect the flash properly.
devDelay

Post by devDelay »

I am using .24. I could volunteer this modem to further development if necessary.
filosmx

Post by filosmx »

same problem I used a wrong boot and now I can't get to work erase boot or sprogram, any solution? I have both boxes checked, used flshset, etc
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

These issues should be able to get it fixed with NT's tap command.
I tried on SB5100 and with several tries without computer lockup, you can get the modem back.
filosmx

Post by filosmx »

Thanks usbbdm, so if I'm using usbjtag (not NT) there's no way to fix it?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

it will be hard. try CE method and see if you can.
filosmx

Post by filosmx »

I've found that info, I'll try, thanks