Please post anything that you need to debrick in here.

This is JTAG to debrick any JTAG device. Modem, cable boxes, dish boxes routers.
robbie1223

Post by robbie1223 »

CAPONE wrote:No Light = You erased flash but did not program it right after erase.

It is Fixable. Good Luck ;)

Do you suggest trying to detect first with another dct700 and then switch back to the bricked cbox and then sprogram it with the back up bin?

Thanks for answering so fast
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

robbie1223 wrote:Do you suggest trying to detect first with another dct700 and then switch back to the bricked cbox and then sprogram it with the back up bin?

Have you watched this?
http://usbjtag.com/tutorial/dct700/dct700debrick1.php
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

robbie1223 wrote:Do you suggest trying to detect first with another dct700 and then switch back to the bricked cbox and then sprogram it with the back up bin?

YES, That is Exactly what I would do, as I have posted as well. Has worked well for me.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
robbie1223

Post by robbie1223 »

usbbdm wrote:Have you watched this?
http://usbjtag.com/tutorial/dct700/dct700debrick1.php

Yes USBBDM....I tried that many times and could not get the chipset detected so it wont let me reprogram the boot file I erased.

I will try again tomorrow and a friend of mine is bringing over his dct700 so I can try what Capone suggested.

Thanks for helping this lady out....you guys are great....
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

robbie1223 wrote:Yes USBBDM....I tried that many times and could not get the chipset detected so it wont let me reprogram the boot file I erased.

I will try again tomorrow and a friend of mine is bringing over his dct700 so I can try what Capone suggested.

Thanks for helping this lady out....you guys are great....
Yes, I have also tried and same result as you. Try the Switch Method and it will work for sure. Here is How I do it

1. Pick All Flash tab then Load Known Good Flash backup
2. Connect both boxes
3. Detect good box then quickly switch USBJTAG NT Connector to Bad Box.
4. Type "sprogram 90000000 200000" [Enter] and wait for it to program entire flash.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
syankey1970

Post by syankey1970 »

This method has saved my ass sooooo many times....

If that fails then I resort to the 3.3v jumpstart which usually does the trick.
robbie1223

Post by robbie1223 »

syankey1970 wrote:This method has saved my ass sooooo many times....

If that fails then I resort to the 3.3v jumpstart which usually does the trick.
Thank U for the reply
Hyperion

Post by Hyperion »

need sb5120 bootloader
can someone upload it pls?
gcan

sb5100 flash

Post by gcan »

hi i will like a little help here please i have 2 sb5100 and the lights are not coming on no more. i need a good flash for the sb5100. any help is appreciated
filter4ever

Buffalo WZR-HP-G300-NH Firmware Dump

Post by filter4ever »

Anyone have full firmware, or at least the UBOOT portion, for a WZR-G300-NH A0 D0?

I 'mtd erase flash' ed it, now I gotta resurrect it from the dead. I only get power light, and switches between 'movie engine' thing. I'd do TFTP, but I get no 'link' lights on the Ethernet. Nadda.

I tried serial but got no response

Next is JTAG, and on Monday, I'm getting a TL866A EPROM burner with ICSP. Gonna try ICSP, and as a last-ditch effort... removing the SMD chip and programming it.

If anyone has ideas on how to debrick from this state, please shout them out.
filter4ever

Wzr-hp-g300nh

Post by filter4ever »

I found a site containing a lot of firmware and bootloaders for various routers, including my WZR-HP-G300NH.

Here's the site for everyone who needs firmware files, hope it helps:

ftp.maddes.net

If you poke around the 'openwrt', and 'maddes.net' folders, you'll find a bunch of full-flash images, as well as source code files for UBOOT, etc. I haven't looked, but it seems there is a TON of useful data for multiple routers, for us 'Low Level' hardware troubleshooters.

I'm still working on getting my WZR-HP-G300NH back alive. I pried the cage off and found the flash chip, a 256 MBit/ 32MB Spansion S29GL256P. I have a BlackCat JTAG as well, does anyone know if this would work?
filter4ever

BlackCat JTAG

Post by filter4ever »

OK, I've got my BlackCat USB JTAG to detect the CPU, but it still won't detect the flash. Another user told me I needed to bring the 'flash enable' chip 'HIGH' (3.3v) to enable flash. Is this the little 16-pin SMD 74HC153D directly above the serial header? If I can get this chip to enable, I assume it will write memory, and I can write a script for it.

I've got an Arduino and would love to do this for a school project. If anyone has any info, let me know, I can tell it to go 'high' at the right time, etc.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

If you can detect CPU and you need to know the address definition, this flash (S29GL256P) should support CFI and it should be easy to access.
zippydan

Trying to debrick an IP telephone

Post by zippydan »

I have a several IP telephones that have been bricked due to bad/incomplete/interrupted firmware flashes. I'm looking for a way to read the firmware from a working unit and then program it to a bricked unit.

The thing is I don't have any experience with JTAG. I'm looking for guidance on which JTAG adapter I need and what software I need, and just general suggestions or advice.

Here are some pics of the phone's circuit board: http://imgur.com/a/i55O8
sandhead

calix 836GE ont

Post by sandhead »

anyone know how to jtag broadcom BCM68181FSBG processor