Problem restoring my 5101

SB5XXX,SBV5XXX
Naztheros

Problem restoring my 5101

Post by Naztheros »

Hello guys, I've been trying to restore a good 2mb backup I had of my 5101 with usbjtag but its not working.
(I used SchwarzeKatse to backup and used it before to restore with no problems, only with usbjtag its not working)

So I wonder if I am missing something.

I'm using usbjtag 0.141 and got these commands/output at the program:

Code: Select all

-detect 
 IDCODE 334917F
 Broadcom BCM3349
 IMPCODE 800904
 DMA supoorted
 Found Address= 9fc00000 ST M29W160EB		
-erase 9fc00000 200000 
 Erase starts
-ldram 9fc00000 
 Erase time  00:00:27 .040
-program 9fc00000 200000 
 Erase starts...
 Erase time 00:00:27 .084
 Program speed 169.25 KB/s
 Program time 00:00:12 .075
 Program pass, if no further programming needed, power off/on the target
-cmpram 9fc00000 200000 
 Compair data OK
When I turn it back on again, i get no lights except the orange one, can't ping 192.168.100.1 ...
(I was using ambit on it before, and I'm trying to restore the original, dunno if it matters)
I even tried the "rest51" script (with the bootloader part uncommented) but got no luck with it.

Thanks!
~~ When everything fails... READ THE MANUAL!!! ~~
Naztheros

Post by Naztheros »

Oh well.. It worked now.. I think I missed the part "SB5101 with ST chips must rest for at least 10 min before you power up them again" ... Its workin!!! :D :D :D

I'm loving usbjtag... just got it today and it works so fast and so good!!!! :D :D :D
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

command "erase" should not be used if you use program. It is ONLY used if you want to use command "sprogram" (slow mode).
Naztheros

Post by Naztheros »

Oh yea I figured that out after I did the program and saw "Erasing ...." but was too late anyways lol :D

At the first sight its hella complicated to use it.. but now after a few modems this seems so easy, so good and so powerful that I wonder why I took this long to have one!
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Naztheros if yuo do a lot of mods for modem you need to learn how to use script and it will save you a lot of typing.

Script is a file with extention ".usp". It is a text file that has the command you want to put in.

Do not forget you can always use "up arrow" key to to go through the command history(up to 20 of them).

So if you have script and upper arrow key, you only need two key press to excute the same command again and again. If you do business to modify modem, you do not need to solder headers on each modem. Make a good 10 pin header with springs and you only need to hold 1 minute max to program a modem and that will save you 5 minutes soldering.
Naztheros

Post by Naztheros »

usbbdm wrote:Naztheros if yuo do a lot of mods for modem you need to learn how to use script and it will save you a lot of typing.

Script is a file with extention ".usp". It is a text file that has the command you want to put in.

Do not forget you can always use "up arrow" key to to go through the command history(up to 20 of them).

So if you have script and upper arrow key, you only need two key press to excute the same command again and again. If you do business to modify modem, you do not need to solder headers on each modem. Make a good 10 pin header with springs and you only need to hold 1 minute max to program a modem and that will save you 5 minutes soldering.
Wow those are some great tips!!

Thank you very much for those! (I just made my first hello.ucp!!!)
I'll have to figure out how to make one with springs... (translating it didn't make any sense to me lol but I think its something sparky just cant figure out wich material to use) but certainly will give a better and cleaner result without the solded headers, and will save me some of those!! Yayy!! :D

-hello 
 // **************************
 // sb5100 hello script
 // **************************
 Hello World! \o/ 
 Sript finished
:lol:
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

A simple script called backup.usp for your sb5100 can be.

getram 9fc00000 200000
save 9fc00000 200000
Naztheros

Post by Naztheros »

I wonder.. is it possible to call the scripts with arguments?

Like "restore intel" then it would with some if/elses grab my default intel flash.. something like that... imagination is the limit :D
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Yes you can use %1 as the first argument.

eg. ldrintel.usp
ldram 9fc00000 %1

when you call
ldrintel intel.bin

the command will be
ldram 9fc00000 intel.bin