Need help on a Motorola 922

BDM (NT) on Star Choice
VCastroman

Need help on a Motorola 922

Post by VCastroman »

I'm new to the board, and this might be a real newbie question, but I had to ask. I'm working on copying the data from one complete 922 to one that has had a factory reset. Mainly trying to get the updates that were in one to the other one. My question is, in the sctest.dll text file it list memory ranges of $000000-$FFFFF, $100000-$17FFFF, $800000-$81FFFF, and $A00000-$BFFFFF. Is this just info or does the sctest.dll set the ranges you can scan. I've read, copied these areas and wrote to the reset unit but I'm still missing data.
wolffie454

Post by wolffie454 »

I believe NVRAM is 800000 - 83FFFF. You will have to change the .xml script to correct memory addresses. Good luck, still waiting on support for dsr922 here as well.

I need a box to test with, I have a good box I don't want to lose sat tiles.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I think someone need to consider donate 922 to me for testing since I had mode demand to support this box. I have no access to this box thus cannot ad any support (like dll to it).
wolffie454

Post by wolffie454 »

boss, I too am trying to get someone to donate a test unit. People hold on to this stuff even they no longer need or use it. I had same problem locating a 10' dish a while back, people unwilling to help someone else even though they don;t use it anymore.

One guy bragged about how he paid over $1500 for his dish so he wouldn't give it away or even sell for cheap. His dish sits there and panels rotting off of it.

Kind of like someone takes longer to back out of parking place if they know someone is waiting on it, sign of the times, greed inherent trait.

Not to get off the subject, but hopefully someone will donate some boxes. If I get two people to donate I;ll send you one.

There are approx 18,000 of dsr920 and 922 still in use BTW (as of Dec 2010) so any support will help. I can issue any commands to my box if you wish. send me email or PM.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

wolffie454 wrote:boss, I too am trying to get someone to donate a test unit. People hold on to this stuff even they no longer need or use it. I had same problem locating a 10' dish a while back, people unwilling to help someone else even though they don;t use it anymore.

One guy bragged about how he paid over $1500 for his dish so he wouldn't give it away or even sell for cheap. His dish sits there and panels rotting off of it.

Kind of like someone takes longer to back out of parking place if they know someone is waiting on it, sign of the times, greed inherent trait.

Not to get off the subject, but hopefully someone will donate some boxes. If I get two people to donate I;ll send you one.

There are approx 18,000 of dsr920 and 922 still in use BTW (as of Dec 2010) so any support will help. I can issue any commands to my box if you wish. send me email or PM.
Some Funny Chit. Why Wait for 2 others to Donate before you Donate one? Its Not like USBBDM needs 10 of these to test anything. One will do. If you need this target then Donate one to Him. Thats what I did with the Netgears.

Thats like saying I will give Up my Parking Spot when I see 2 other empty parking Spots.
What a F JK.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
wolffie454

Post by wolffie454 »

Tundra you don't even know what the is going on. Let me clue you in. I have -1- IRD ("box") Only -1-. It has 66 tiles including all generics. I have uploaded the flash from it and it is hooked up to my 10.5' dish. I receive programming on several satellites with this. It is slaved from my Azbox, and it uses this to drive dish and receive DVB programming. I use this box every day

Now why in the hell would I donate this? I have asked folks on other forums if they have some unused boxes laying around, to donate them so I can run tests from my box to the test box, so I can offer more help to other fellow 4dtv owners.

You need to read more and post less and maybe see that some folks are trying to help others. If I get more than one box donated, I will send one to usbbdm, btw these boxes still go for ~$200.

No funny chit going on here buddy. ;)
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

wolffie454 wrote:Tundra you don't even know what the is going on. Let me clue you in. I have -1- IRD ("box") Only -1-. It has 66 tiles including all generics. I have uploaded the flash from it and it is hooked up to my 10.5' dish. I receive programming on several satellites with this. It is slaved from my Azbox, and it uses this to drive dish and receive DVB programming. I use this box every day

Now why in the hell would I donate this? I have asked folks on other forums if they have some unused boxes laying around, to donate them so I can run tests from my box to the test box, so I can offer more help to other fellow 4dtv owners.

You need to read more and post less and maybe see that some folks are trying to help others. If I get more than one box donated, I will send one to usbbdm, btw these boxes still go for ~$200.

No funny chit going on here buddy. ;)
I was refering to your comment
If I get two people to donate I;ll send you one.
Then Learn how to express your self. You should have said

If I get two people to donate me a few I'll send you one.

As for this thread. Look like your trying to help yourself. Not others. :D
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

Hey, anyone who has time to donate his valuable and vast knowable to post in almost every Tread must know!
I think he knows more than usbbdm.
I mean everyone, including my wife!
Sorry guy, but he spends a big part of his day here. (watching over Parking Spots) and any other suspicious movements!
God bless Tundra for his unselfish time.

usbbdm
Administrator
TUNDRA
Senior Member "Posts Per Day: 1.95"
patsfan
wolffie454

Post by wolffie454 »

TUNDRA wrote:I was refering to your comment
If I get two people to donate I;ll send you one.
Then Learn how to express your self. You should have said

If I get two people to donate me a few I'll send you one.
:D
Well if two people send me a few, I would say that I would have at least six units, I'd have enough to send usbbdm -and you- one and still have four left over. Wow what a great idea, that's what I should have said, wise one!:D
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

wolffie454 wrote:Well if two people send me a few, I would say that I would have at least six units, I'd have enough to send usbbdm -and you- one and still have four left over. Wow what a great idea, that's what I should have said, wise one!:D
There you go. Now if these units go for $200 on E-Bay, Your going to have a tough time getting people to just give them to you.

On the other hand if you need it so badly since its your only Box, I am sure USBBDM can return it to you Once he is done doing his testing. ;)
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

stomperz wrote:Hey, anyone who has time to donate his valuable and vast knowable to post in almost every Tread must know!
I think he knows more than usbbdm.
I mean everyone, including my wife!
Sorry guy, but he spends a big part of his day here. (watching over Parking Spots) and any other suspicious movements!
God bless Tundra for his unselfish time.

usbbdm
Administrator
TUNDRA
Senior Member "Posts Per Day: 1.95"
patsfan
I appreciate your Support But I am No where Close to Knowing as Much as the Boss.
VCastroman

Post by VCastroman »

Sorry I missed all the comments, I do have this second DSR 922 as a tester. I would be willing to send it up on loan for testing to make a dll that would allow us to copy the full sat tile maps, if you could find where the data is stored. All the data I have found does not restore the updated sat map tiles. If you are willing to work on it, I'm willing to pay the cost of shipping it both ways. Plus you'll like the fact I installed a BDM plug in the side of the case so you don't even have to pull the cover off. If you're interrested, PM me.
wolffie454

Post by wolffie454 »

VCastroman wrote:Sorry I missed all the comments, I do have this second DSR 922 as a tester. I would be willing to send it up on loan for testing to make a dll that would allow us to copy the full sat tile maps, if you could find where the data is stored. All the data I have found does not restore the updated sat map tiles. If you are willing to work on it, I'm willing to pay the cost of shipping it both ways. Plus you'll like the fact I installed a BDM plug in the side of the case so you don't even have to pull the cover off. If you're interrested, PM me.
You can restore maps from a receiver to another receiver that has had a MR by downloading NVRAM with tiles to the unit missing them. Fairly simple. I have a second test unit that had the X4 update with only stock tiles, it now has all the generics, etc.

The problem I have is how to block updates from stream and how to reopen the U mode channels that are supposed to be free like NFL,MAV, etc. Also channels not available now Discovery,etc.

A friend sent the boss a dsr922, but I have yet to see any new info about the memory or how to restore flash, change UID, etc.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

wolffie454 wrote:You can restore maps from a receiver to another receiver that has had a MR by downloading NVRAM with tiles to the unit missing them. Fairly simple. I have a second test unit that had the X4 update with only stock tiles, it now has all the generics, etc.

The problem I have is how to block updates from stream and how to reopen the U mode channels that are supposed to be free like NFL,MAV, etc. Also channels not available now Discovery,etc.

A friend sent the boss a dsr922, but I have yet to see any new info about the memory or how to restore flash, change UID, etc.
Change UID need to fully disassemble the firmware (You may heard of ida) and need also know how to unpack and pack back the firmware. Then a patch firmware need to be written for each of the version of the firmware. It is not as simple as 123. It took me a few years to finally did for DCT700 using remote control. I am currently focused on the ARM development.
wolffie454

Post by wolffie454 »

usbbdm wrote:Change UID need to fully disassemble the firmware (You may heard of ida) and need also know how to unpack and pack back the firmware. Then a patch firmware need to be written for each of the version of the firmware. It is not as simple as 123. It took me a few years to finally did for DCT700 using remote control. I am currently focused on the ARM development.
Ok, first thanks replying. I still cannot write f/w (flash) back to the box. It says I must detect first. I have read and read the forum but still don't know I am missing something. I have heard of IDA, have on work pc. So the UID is only in f/w? interesting. You say patch the f/w, so the mod UID is patch you speak of?

I did mod the NVRAM add virtual channels in VCT table , also had to mod MMT entries, etc. It is pretty straightforward and works ok, until I take a hit from stream. I am helping others at this time, support is basic stuff backup sat tiles, etc., one of my goals was to restore satellite tiles which was easy. Now goal of change UID, date/time, other stuff you know.

Maybe PM me with any further detail about patching and bypass of xc, I continue to recommend your hardware to my friends. Thanks.