DCT700, firmware settings....

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:At one point, block keys is useful if you have a subbed box and cancel the service. But I think the UID change should also block the keys.
LOL The Keys are in XC CHIP, If you block Keys, (Not that they get updated in test box anyway) When ISP change Keys, It will not match Keys in Box therefore NO VIDEO, SO WHATS THE POINT? LOL
As of right NOW, When ISP change keys, THE BOX DOES NOT Take CHANGE, Which is the reason for Losing Video.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

CAPONE wrote:LOL The Keys are in XC CHIP, If you block Keys, (Not that they get updated in test box anyway) When ISP change Keys, It will not match Keys in Box therefore NO VIDEO, SO WHATS THE POINT? LOL
As of right NOW, When ISP change keys, THE BOX DOES NOT Take CHANGE, Which is the reason for Losing Video.
You did not understand why key block was putting in.
This was done in DCT2224 first. When ISP not change keys but send deauth command. The key block withh block the deauth command. In the mean time the UID change does the job too.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:You did not understand why key block was putting in.
This was done in DCT2224 first. When ISP not change keys but send deauth command. The key block withh block the deauth command. In the mean time the UID change does the job too.
OK I Understand That, What I am trying to say is that when ISP change the Video Key the Test boxes don't take the change therefore No VIdeo So I ask WHATS THE POINT? If the test box is not subbed then It won't take Change Either, SO Its pointless to block it............. Do you Understand that? Or Do you Have a Way to Update the Video Key in XC CHIP????????:rolleyes:
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
moddog

Post by moddog »

CAPONE wrote:IMHO It would be useless to block the Key Change. the reason the box stops working when they change keys is Because the test Box DID NOT Take the Key Change, Not the Other way around.
Well it seems i have it the other way around. Anyways usbdm said the uid black both so in other words there is no way around that or usbdm can take some step back and see what changes he can make to the software to let the box take the keys if it is possible.
Good better best
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

moddog wrote:Well it seems i have it the other way around. Anyways usbdm said the uid black both so in other words there is no way around that or usbdm can take some step back and see what changes he can make to the software to let the box take the keys if it is possible.
That would be NICE in Deed but My Money say ITS NOT POSIBLE......