dct700 unknown flash type

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
blaster27

dct700 unknown flash type

Post by blaster27 »

trying to set up usbjtag nt software on a new computer. trying to understand why on version .57 it cannot recognize the flash when it worked fine on .37? what am i doing wrong?

-detect
IDCODE 41C5501D
Motorola 17500QK
IMPCODE 40404000
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA not supoorted
Unknown flash type!
Report these values http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum 002d,0755

what do i need to do to get this working again? if my device is too old, can someone point me in the direction of version .37?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

blaster27 wrote:trying to set up usbjtag nt software on a new computer. trying to understand why on version .57 it cannot recognize the flash when it worked fine on .37? what am i doing wrong?

-detect
IDCODE 41C5501D
Motorola 17500QK
IMPCODE 40404000
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA not supoorted
Unknown flash type!

what do i need to do to get this working again? if my device is too old, can someone point me in the direction of version .37?
What vertion of Windows????????
Did you Use the Setup.rar????????????????
And if you did not save the Setup for .37 you will not find it available for download here as it gets replaced by New Versions. Thats why I don't install over them, to keep all other versions. However there IS NO ISSUSE with 0.57 So Clearly your problem is on Your End and Not Software Related.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

blaster27 wrote:trying to set up usbjtag nt software on a new computer. trying to understand why on version .57 it cannot recognize the flash when it worked fine on .37? what am i doing wrong?

-detect
IDCODE 41C5501D
Motorola 17500QK
IMPCODE 40404000
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA not supoorted
Unknown flash type!

That is strange. Try this "speed 2" and then detect. If you can detect the flash then it is not an issue.
I found sometime you will get DEBUG ON when powered on box. In this case 12MHz JTAG is too high. Simple solution is to hit "F5" and (same as "g" command).
blaster27

ok.....

Post by blaster27 »

the computer i had no longer exists. if i cannot get the old software i have a totally useless tool. i tried slower speeds and it does not work either, howeveri tried 2 boxes, one didnt read 9000000 but identified the chip. the other still says unknown flash, is there a way to add this?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

blaster27 wrote:the computer i had no longer exists. if i cannot get the old software i have a totally useless tool. i tried slower speeds and it does not work either, howeveri tried 2 boxes, one didnt read 9000000 but identified the chip. the other still says unknown flash, is there a way to add this?
It is clear that the Software is not the Problem, So 0.37 0.57 will not make a difference, Up to you to believe or Not. If you can ID chip then you should be able to read. You can also have a problem with the 14 pin wire connector. I went thru that and so have other members. You should try different target like an SB5101 for example. If you can detect and read the flash then you will know that the first 10 pins have a good connection and this will leave the last 4 pins of the wire to be checked. There are several things you can do to check and trobleshoot your problem. You can and should try to DELETE the Software Compleatly and ReInstall (Setup.rar) to see if that solves your Problem. If you Cant or don't know How to troblshoot, then you can Install Teamview and We can Connect and trobleshoot the problem for you.
also 9000000 is Incorrect should be 90000000, with 7 0's not 6, this can also be a problem if your not using correct commands.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

blaster27 wrote:the computer i had no longer exists. if i cannot get the old software i have a totally useless tool. i tried slower speeds and it does not work either, howeveri tried 2 boxes, one didnt read 9000000 but identified the chip. the other still says unknown flash, is there a way to add this?
Setup teamiewer and I can take a look. I am sure it is not hardware issue.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:Setup teamiewer and I can take a look. I am sure it is not hardware issue.
Nor Software for that Matter.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:Setup teamiewer and I can take a look. I am sure it is not hardware issue.
Nor Software for that Matter.