Chicago loosing channels

JTAG on dct2500/dct700
lowjackd

Chicago loosing channels

Post by lowjackd »

I am currently testing dct 700 in chicagoland market and have been loosing channels? I am running firmware ver. 3.46 boot 3.09, premium Channels are showing to be announced, signal is not an issue as i also have subbed dct 700 showing same firmware / boot as non subbed box that channels were authorized one week ago... My question is why am i loosing channels if firmware has not been updated in my area from what i can tell? please advise as to what i am doing wrong?

I have already backed up subbed box and tried to reflash. unsubbed box still says one moment please.
I am thinking maybe chicago market has changed there lineup requiring me to have a hit to the xc chip??
Is this possible to fix as unsubbed box does not say not authorized?

thanks in advance for your support!
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

lowjackd wrote:I am currently testing dct 700 in chicagoland market and have been loosing channels? I am running firmware ver. 3.46 boot 3.09, premium Channels are showing to be announced, signal is not an issue as i also have subbed dct 700 showing same firmware / boot as non subbed box that channels were authorized one week ago... My question is why am i loosing channels if firmware has not been updated in my area from what i can tell? please advise as to what i am doing wrong?

I have already backed up subbed box and tried to reflash. unsubbed box still says one moment please.
I am thinking maybe chicago market has changed there lineup requiring me to have a hit to the xc chip??
Is this possible to fix as unsubbed box does not say not authorized?

thanks in advance for your support!
Sounds Like they Changed the Video keys (Thats Why Subbed Box Still Works )And if So YOUR SOL As theres No Current way to Fix that Problem..............
lowjackd

Post by lowjackd »

I have tried a few more dct 700 test boxes i have sitting not connected to the system.. some work and some boxes dont? (premium channels) if the video keys have been changed which does sound like what happened, why will some work and others dont? These boxes have not been subbed for months already?

Capone thanks for your reply...
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

lowjackd wrote:I have tried a few more dct 700 test boxes i have sitting not connected to the system.. some work and some boxes dont? (premium channels) if the video keys have been changed which does sound like what happened, why will some work and others dont? These boxes have not been subbed for months already?

Capone thanks for your reply...
It does sound weired for sure, But its one of those things No one can have a sure answer for... Only Other thing that comes to Mind is How good the Box was protected from DeSub. IMHO The Curent Methods Used Are WEAK at best. There are Better was to Protect Box from DeSub,but None Can Avoid Losing Channels due to a Video Key Change IMHO....

It would be to Much to Ask that the Box could be Protected from DeSub and Yet allow XC Chip to take Video Key Updates. Not sure if that would be Posible But I do think Its Unlikely....
RIP_Felipeferras

Post by RIP_Felipeferras »

the channels will go back just let the boxes alone for a week or so, that happened to mine so now is all good
the longest does not show unauthorized
٩(●̮̮̃•)۶=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ᴼ•ₒ ○ ˚ͦ ◦•ᵒ ºᴼ•ₒ no andaba muerto andaba de parranda ₒ•ᴼ۝
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

This also happened to me a while back and I was freaking out because I did everything right but some boxes just lost channels without reason. I left them alone and they started to slowly come back one at a time.

There is alot of weird unexplainable things that happen with cable boxes. One time I ran to an issue with an HD box where the guide and time would work even after performing alterations on it. I thought I did it incorrectly, but checking things out showed that it was right. It went away after unplugging power. Should have just left it haha.

Still though, weird things do happen from time to time. Like felipe said, if you do not see "Not Authorized" then you are doing ok.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
moddog

Post by moddog »

MrRogers wrote:This also happened to me a while back and I was freaking out because I did everything right but some boxes just lost channels without reason. I left them alone and they started to slowly come back one at a time.

There is alot of weird unexplainable things that happen with cable boxes. One time I ran to an issue with an HD box where the guide and time would work even after performing alterations on it. I thought I did it incorrectly, but checking things out showed that it was right. It went away after unplugging power. Should have just left it haha.

Still though, weird things do happen from time to time. Like felipe said, if you do not see "Not Authorized" then you are doing ok.
since this problem as not happen to me yet, what did you do, did you put it back to its original state or let it say modify?
Good better best
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

moddog wrote:since this problem as not happen to me yet, what did you do, did you put it back to its original state or let it say modify?
As per what he Said, It remained MODDED. And Problem Was gone after ReCycling Power to the BOX.
lowjackd

Post by lowjackd »

Thanks to all that replied... i will wait and see how things turn out? I will repost when i am sure of what has happened. again thanks for all the support!
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

lowjackd wrote:Thanks to all that replied... i will wait and see how things turn out? I will repost when i am sure of what has happened. again thanks for all the support!
No Problem. If I where you I would Follow RIP FelipeFerras Recomendation, Since he is in Same Area I am Sure He has Dealt with this Situation Before.... Hope it All works Out.