DCT2224 turned off

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
jatucker

DCT2224 turned off

Post by jatucker »

Is it possible to turn off the processor in the dct2224 so that it would not even recognize an incoming signal?

I have a dct2224 that acts as though the cable line is disconnected. It shows no incoming signal. I am positive that the nvram is correct for my area and otherwise the box is operational with the tv guide loading up program info. However when I heck in diagnostics it shows no signal for the current channel. Anyone have any ideas why this would be? The only thing I could think is that the cc has some way to turn the digital tuner off.
cherrymachine

right nvram

Post by cherrymachine »

do u have the right nvram for that model? The different boxes ph 7 8 9 have different tuners. the software for these tuners are different.
jatucker

Post by jatucker »

Yes, it's a cr4 and the nvram is correct.

It seems maybe a hardware problem. I was playing with it today and sometimes the channels tune in and other times not.
ilavu

Post by ilavu »

jatucker wrote:Yes, it's a cr4 and the nvram is correct.

It seems maybe a hardware problem. I was playing with it today and sometimes the channels tune in and other times not.
I had similar problem on dct1700(same as ph8) a few days ago. I am in rolling meadows area. What solved the problem is hooking the cable line to "Cable IN" for about 5 min with RF cable was connected normally and than back to RF IN and every thing work fine. Hope this will solve your problem too.