DCT2244 help for a beginner.

Test on DCT 2224/2244 using USB BDM.
ebelul2

DCT2244 help for a beginner.

Post by ebelul2 »

Hi, I'm new to all this and iv been doing a lot of reading for the past weeks but there are still some gaps in my knowledge. I recently ordered and received the USBBDM NT and downloaded USBJTAG NT v0.28 but I cannot find my box(DCT2244)under the target menu instead I find DCT 2224, so my question is how can I get my box on that list? and also Iv been trying to figure out how this is all done and I had the idea of calling my cc & upgrading my service to highest package, copying the memory of box onto my computer and then going back to the basic package and just loading the memory of the premium? would this idea work? what obstacles am I facing? How do most people use this software to achieve this?

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

DT2244 is the same as DCT2224 as far as testing.
joe9877000

help

Post by joe9877000 »

I have a dct2244. It was working until couple days ago. Now all it shows on the screen is " this channel will be availble shortly" and the name of the shows come up as well. What should i do?? what programs do i need?? i dont know anything about boxes??
ebelul2

Post by ebelul2 »

I'm sorry but does anyone offer any form of guide, I don't mean to offend anyone but I realize now that we have to talk in code language since most of my questions were not answered, Iv been doing quite a bit of reading and its really hard finding out what you need to know when everyone is talking that way, and for a beginner its even harder. I don't really know what strategy to follow in order to do this, I think if I was led on the right path I wouldn't have much of a problem figuring it out. If there is no such help then, I have a couple of questions,

1) what is the significance of a UID, is this how the company identifies me and my account? what does the cc use it for? Is it important to copy the same UID when cloning a box, if so why?
2) what is a network address? Do we need to worry about it?
3) When cloning, is it enough to just copy the nvram to replicate the box, or do we need the boot sector and RAM, Dip ...
4) If I successfully clone a box, can the cc detect it and restore it back to normal? If so do they do this on a normal basis, because then that would mean I would have to have an active box always at hand for every time they clear it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
trueblu8

Post by trueblu8 »

Well I've cloned a box, boot, plat, apps 1-4, rsvd, and nvram. I've also duplicated the UID and UPM as they are on the original box. I've let this box sit in the stream for a day and nothing. Am I missing something? Can a cloned box get restored?
joejoe332006

Post by joejoe332006 »

The Answer is no, if the Xc chip has been wiped from the CC with all the channel tiers you will only get Basic cable with that box period.
trueblu8

Post by trueblu8 »

How about replacing the XC Chip with a new one? Can it be done?
jtagtester

Post by jtagtester »

You cannot replace the XC Processor. Once power has been removed the chip with self destruct.

Another thing you should be aware of is the XC Processor is able to detect tampering via certain pins. Once you trip this detection the chip is destroyed.

Only a select few companies in the world have the ability to remove and replace that chip. Contec/WWD (World Wide Digital) is one of them.

Once the chip is removed it is loaded with "seed keys" that are used for decryption, next the unit address is loaded in and finally the chip is armed against tampering. It is a common misconception the keys are removed upon deauthorization of service levels or that new keys are loaded when premium services are added. The keys never leave the chip and they never change. When the cable company downgrades a unit, the chip is instructed to disallow decryption of certain PID's (program identifiers).

To date, no one has been able to successfully hack or override this critical piece of hardware.

This technology was originally developed by the military and perfected by GI (General Instruments) now known as Motorola.

Sorry to bust any ones bubble or ruin your day, but we will never see the day this chip is hacked. Ever.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

jtagtester wrote:You cannot replace the XC Processor. Once power has been removed the chip with self destruct.

Another thing you should be aware of is the XC Processor is able to detect tampering via certain pins. Once you trip this detection the chip is destroyed.

Only a select few companies in the world have the ability to remove and replace that chip. Contec/WWD (World Wide Digital) is one of them.

Once the chip is removed it is loaded with "seed keys" that are used for decryption, next the unit address is loaded in and finally the chip is armed against tampering. It is a common misconception the keys are removed upon deauthorization of service levels or that new keys are loaded when premium services are added. The keys never leave the chip and they never change. When the cable company downgrades a unit, the chip is instructed to disallow decryption of certain PID's (program identifiers).

To date, no one has been able to successfully hack or override this critical piece of hardware.

This technology was originally developed by the military and perfected by GI (General Instruments) now known as Motorola.

Sorry to bust any ones bubble or ruin your day, but we will never see the day this chip is hacked. Ever.

Very good information. I think never say "never". There insider who knows this information and might leak someday. I think you are one of the person who might know the secret.
trueblu8

Post by trueblu8 »

Yes. Great info, a little disheartening, but great info none the less. Thanks.

Now can you please tell me how to operate pony prog and what cable is needed? LOL. I believe cloning the s/n is the only other option here.
stuuked

Post by stuuked »

i agree Mod, between u and jtagtester ill bet your giggling all the way to the bank. I think you (usbbdm) know all about that xc chip and i dont blame u for releasing that knowledge. Its hardware, hardware should be bypassable in one way shape or form, and if anyone could figure it out. It will be revealed one day but by then it will be because there is something new on the table. Cmon mod hook us up!!