problem with usbjtag.exe

USB BDM software. Bug report.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

New user should run setup and the program should be under C:\program Files.... not under Users.\
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:New user should run setup and the program should be under C:\program Files.... not under Users.\
If your refering to the Picture I posted, One thing is where YOU wan't the software to extract to and Another Where I DESIDE to Place it to. LOL I let it install on C Drive then take to folder to where I have All Previouse Versions And I run it From That Location. This way I can Install New Versions without Losing OLD and I can Use ANY Vesion of the Software I CHOOSE.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

CAPONE wrote:If your refering to the Picture I posted, One thing is where YOU wan't the software to extract to and Another Where I DESIDE to Place it to. LOL I let it install on C Drive then take to folder to where I have All Previouse Versions And I run it From That Location. This way I can Install New Versions without Losing OLD and I can Use ANY Vesion of the Software I CHOOSE.
I am referring his original post.
To run the application there is a need for quite a few DLLs that needs to be installed if it is missing. All the DLLs are installed under system32 folder. Simply extract the software on desktop or under user will skip this procedure.
If you are not the first time, it is still suggested to unzip the files to the original folder (default to c:\program files...) . The software zip might not have all the dlls in it and simple unzip to desktop will have those dlls missing and people will find some testing menus are missing.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:I am referring his original post.
To run the application there is a need for quite a few DLLs that needs to be installed if it is missing. All the DLLs are installed under system32 folder. Simply extract the software on desktop or under user will skip this procedure.
If you are not the first time, it is still suggested to unzip the files to the original folder (default to c:\program files...) . The software zip might not have all the dlls in it and simple unzip to desktop will have those dlls missing and people will find some testing menus are missing.
I don't even run from C Drive. I move it to My D Drive after it installes to the C Drive then I create the Desktop Shortcuts from the Folder Located in the D Drive. And I never Use the Software.rar, I allways install the Setup.rar...
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
PAPAUKA

Post by PAPAUKA »

no matter where you want to install the program that you install it wherever you want, or is that the program if not installed in that direction, presents problems. because if so then you have to adjust it to work no matter where you install
PAPAUKA

Post by PAPAUKA »

Capone, you can provide me all the versions? Please and Thanks
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

jommega wrote:no matter where you want to install the program that you install it wherever you want, or is that the program if not installed in that direction, presents problems. because if so then you have to adjust it to work no matter where you install
By Default it installes to the C Drive Like Most Software. However after it installs to C Drive you can move to wherever you want it to reside and it will work regardless of location. I run it from My D Drive which is a totally separate Drive from My OS Drive.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

CAPONE wrote:By Default it installes to the C Drive Like Most Software. However after it installs to C Drive you can move to wherever you want it to reside and it will work regardless of location. I run it from My D Drive which is a totally separate Drive from My OS Drive.
Actually you can override the default folder and install to D directory. There is a benefit NOT to install the default folder.
On Win 7 system you cannot generate xmls from the menu IF you installed to C:\program files.... since it is not allowed by Windows "security".