usb-jtag ..???

Post by artik »

hi
does anyone know this model jtag-usb?
sorry for my english

_Edit ...for Mod ...thanks for everything
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

LMFAO, If you that Have it Can't tell Who from that Picture Can We Tell????????????? Is is Most Certainly Not the USBJTAG NT, Therefore has No Place in this Site.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

artik wrote:hi
does anyone know this model jtag-usb?
sorry for my english
There are several usb based JTAG that uses the same CPU as the NT. This is not USB JTAG NT and NT software will not run on it.
artik

Post by artik »

Thanks for your answers
@ Capone @usbbdm
artik

Post by artik »

I maybe wrong section sorry:confused:
my problem is that the receiver is left boot display.
Because cfe: corrupted bin

This only uses JTAG-MIPS-USB 4 pin ..
merkin

Post by merkin »

1. What is the other end of the four wires?
2. Can you take better pictures?
3. Are there any parts on the other side?
4. What is the markings on the small 8-pin chip? (judging by location its a voltage regulator)
5. What is your primary language?
If you write in your primary language, its easier to get your point across. Then one of the gifted bi-lingual members can translate better than google. (maybe one of these members can translate my questions and comments for you)

Perhaps you have a Altera USB-Blaster clone http://ixo-jtag.sourceforge.net/...
...you can use cyconsole to load V/PIDs on the FX2LP and then install the Altera USB-Blaster driver from QuartusII. Then you can use any app that supports the USB-Blaster...OpenOCD, Urjtag, and TopJTAG, etc.

There are many tools to do the same in linux here http://www.linux-usb.org/ezusb/

If you get tired of loading Altera's V/PIDS, then you can install an eeprom in the unpopulated 8-pin space and load the V/PIDS onto the eeprom and they will stay after power cycles.

This is my only issue with USB Jtag NT. It uses Cypress's "missing eeprom" FX2LP V/PIDS, so I manually install the driver every time. If I had pads for 8-pin eeprom, this minor issue can be solved.

Where is download link for Broadband Studio? I will hook it up to my FX2LP development board and help you.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

artik wrote:I maybe wrong section sorry:confused:
my problem is that the receiver is left boot display.
Because cfe: corrupted bin

log rs232 ...
BCM97325B0 CFE v2.29, v2.9 core CFE, Endian Mode: Little
Build Date: Tue Dec 13 19:08:55 2011 (whoami @ hostname)
Copyright (C) Broadcom Corporation.
Enabling NAND flash at CS1, CS0 NOR flash at
Size = 128MB NAND Flash

I know the jtag uses 6 pin TDO, TDI, TMS, TCK, TRST .. GND.

This only uses JTAG-MIPS-USB 4 pin .. Bcm97325 with tools for Broadband Studio 3 (which I have!)
who to help?
Let me ask you something, If you Have a Toyota Car, Would you Take it to a Volvo Repair Center for Service????????? Maybe NOT
SO How do you Wan't Us to Help you when the Tool in the Picture ( That your Using ) Is not from this Site. Unless you have a USBJTAG NT, there not Much we can do for you. Its totally RE**&^% to Come here asking for Help with a Tool thats Clearly Not from this Site.

USBBDM, You should Close this thread, As its totally UNRELATED to the Tools Of this SITE......
merkin

Post by merkin »

CAPONE wrote: USBBDM, You should Close this thread, As its totally UNRELATED to the Tools Of this SITE......
Close? Whats wrong moving to the off-topic, considering your reasoning for wanting it closed.

@artik
After doing some searches, I answered my previous questions, so please disregard.
Thanks for the post. If you discover the developer of this tool please let me know.

My guess is those four wires are SDA, SCL, Gnd, Vcc
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

merkin wrote:Close? Whats wrong moving to the off-topic, considering your reasoning for wanting it closed.

@artik
After doing some searches, I answered my previous questions, so please disregard.
Thanks for the post. If you discover the developer of this tool please let me know.

My guess is those four wires are SDA, SCL, Gnd, Vcc
Nothing wrong with off topic, But Clearly You Fail to See That this is the Product Support Forum, and the OP's Product is NOT THE USBJTAG NT, DO YOU SEE SOMTHING WRONG THERE, I GUESS NOT...
If he wants support for a tool thats not from this Site THE SMART THING TO DO IS TO GET SUPPORT FROM WHERE HE GOT TOOL. Its totally RETARDED to ask For support Here for a TOOL That has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS SITE.

Clear Enough for you NOW???????????
merkin

Post by merkin »

CAPONE wrote:But Clearly You Fail to See That this is the Product Support Forum, and the OP's Product is NOT THE USBJTAG NT, DO YOU SEE SOMTHING WRONG THERE, I GUESS NOT...

Keep guessing. Something is wrong here alright 8-).
If that is the case why would I suggest moving it to off-topic?
USBBDM didnt delete the post(instead he replied to it), the mods didnt move the post...yet.
CAPONE wrote: If he wants support for a tool thats not from this Site THE SMART THING TO DO IS TO GET SUPPORT FROM WHERE HE GOT TOOL. Its totally RETARDED to ask For support Here for a TOOL That has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS SITE.
WHATS TOTALLY RETARDED IS ASSUMING HE ALREADY OWNS THE TOOL. READ HIS FIRST POST. HE WANTS TO KNOW IF ANYONE RECOGNIZES THE TOOL. ITS THAT SIMPLE.

He assumes it is a usbjtag adapter and google probably brought him here. USBBDM and I assumed it was another usbjtag/clone of which many exist, but after doing some research it appears our assumptions are wrong, JUST LIKE YOURS.
CAPONE wrote: Clear Enough for you NOW???????????
Nothing was ever unclear to me except your reasoning for wanting the thread deleted. Your reason warranted a move to the off-topic section, but not deletion. I can think of a few legit reasons to delete this thread, but yours given is certainly not one of them.

Maybe you should find out what that tool is capable of doing before ridiculing the OP. Any real tester would definitely want one once they find out.

Happy Searching!
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

merkin wrote:Keep guessing. Something is wrong here alright 8-).
If that is the case why would I suggest moving it to off-topic?
USBBDM didnt delete the post(instead he replied to it), the mods didnt move the post...yet.

WHATS TOTALLY RETARDED IS ASSUMING HE ALREADY OWNS THE TOOL. READ HIS FIRST POST. HE WANTS TO KNOW IF ANYONE RECOGNIZES THE TOOL. ITS THAT SIMPLE.

He assumes it is a usbjtag adapter and google probably brought him here. USBBDM and I assumed it was another usbjtag/clone of which many exist, but after doing some research it appears our assumptions are wrong, JUST LIKE YOURS.

Nothing was ever unclear to me except your reasoning for wanting the thread deleted. Your reason warranted a move to the off-topic section, but not deletion. I can think of a few legit reasons to delete this thread, but yours given is certainly not one of them.

Maybe you should find out what that tool is capable of doing before ridiculing the OP. Any real tester would definitely want one once they find out.

Happy Searching!
I am not at all putting down what the tool is capable or Not. All that I am saying is this is Not the Site to ask for suport and the thread is in Product support.
artik

Post by artik »

sorry for the inconvenience.

peace.

Hi @Capone ....Hi @usbbdm

P.s..@merkin,pm for you.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

artik wrote:sorry for the inconvenience.

peace.

Hi @Capone ....Hi @usbbdm

P.s..@merkin,pm for you.
No Inconvinece Buddy, Just a Little Common Sence. If you have USBJTAG NT then Please feel free to ask for Assitance if Needed. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
artik

Post by artik »

CAPONE wrote:No Inconvinece Buddy, Just a Little Common Sence. If you have USBJTAG NT then Please feel free to ask for Assitance if Needed. ;)
no problem ..thanks @Capone.
hi
merkin

Post by merkin »

artik wrote:sorry for the inconvenience.
Dude stop apologizing. You did the same thing that happens at every forum on the web. It was actually a convenience to me and hopefully every member after reading this entire post.

Besides two minutes after his civil reply last night he goes to another thread here http://usbjtag.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php ... stcount=10 and talks even more shit.
Meanwhile this current thread still has not been moved off-topic, but your introduction post has http://usbjtag.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?t=7527

Why do your think he didnt bitch about that post being in the wrong section? Afterall that was his beef with this current thread, as he so ineloquently stated multiple times in various punctuations and grammer. Then accuses me of not knowing I am replying to a post that is in the wrong section. So let me get this straight, members should not respond to posts that are in the wrong sections, even though they cant control the OP? That is rhetorical don't answer it.

The gun was jumped and the foot is in mouth. It happened twice in this thread just today http://usbjtag.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?t=7540. If he was as smart as he says, then his reply would be "check the CFI QRY String" BECAUSE that is the EASIEST way to find out the flash config with proper tools, and functional CFE. Flash configs are target specific, datasheet will tell you the capabilities, but not the configuration used by a third party vendor. Keep ridiculing people that know more than you and then the cover up is even better. Oh right he is being too technical.8-). If someone does not understand the terminology, dumbing the question down only makes it worse. Standing applause to the OP...Thanks.

If you or any member following this thread really want a laugh, read his replies here from last December. Must be a quick learner.
http://usbjtag.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?t=7159

Really CAPONE? 128MB flash? Glad I dont have that target, even NT would take a while to backup and burn that flash. (that is called sarcasm, like your "einstein" remark)
CAPONE wrote:...Maybe itstead of sounding all technical which Most people here have no Friggin Clue of what your talking about, (ME not Included LOL)...
More sarcasm right in parentheses? Or is your eye color brown.........wiki that for the ending, since its probably bookmarked on your web browser.

No one denies you have knowledge in this hobby, but dont fool yourself. We are all here for the same reason. You do not have to respond to these posts, just move, delete, or close the damn things if they piss you off that bad.

Take a note from justsomeguy. He does the job RIGHT and he is damn good at it! NOt trying to be a wedge, sure you both get along well.

Thanks again to the OP.
Google will find Broadband Studio download. For those of who still interested it accompanies Broadcom's development boards that Motorola uses to develop firmware for their cable boxes. Look for recent post of mine with bcm7405 developers docs...it references BBS and some capabilities.

No wait there is more, it gets better...The interface tool is a bog standard fx2lp development board, still has the cypress fx2lp's default V/PIDs(renumerates as missing eeprom). Guess what other tool renumerates as (missing eeprom) if the cypress driver is in system32 drivers folder? USBBDM knows the answer for sure. If he supplied I2C headers anyone with a NT could use this Broadband Studio software, or fx2lp development boards can be found on ebay for ten bucks...I have had one for years.

How ironic. I turned this thread on-topic, Or perhaps I knew it was slightly on-topic the entire time, which is why I questioned the OP about the hardware intereface. It just too bad its under BDM NT support, and not JTAG NT.

Cheers.