USB BDM NT user please read.

USB BDM software. Bug report.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

number1001 wrote:Hi
I have a same problem -- WE have the USBJTAG NT about a week ago. When I select 5101 the bottom said connect but the top of screen said not activate.
What Am I doing wrong ? It seems that the code I get is not valid or not working. If it is can I get another activate code ?
Thanks
If you select SB5101 you need to use USB JTAG NT (not USB BDM NT). The hardware is different.
soporteatmega

That someone please explain this to me

Post by soporteatmega »

the USBJTAGNT if was activated from the first time I did but the USBBDMNT not stay permanently activated, every time I connect I have to turn it over and over again, that someone explain me this. and another thing, many people recommended me this product and see if it really works, what is not is because they have a step by step guide for novice people like me, I think this forum is missing this, as not provide information for novice people like me, so I need someone of experience to explain the guidelines for SB41xx, SB51xx. But I need this as soon as possible and not say that all I need is in the forum because it is not.
:confused::confused::confused:
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:You need to download USB JTAG NT software. Do not download the USB BDM software. That will not work.
After start the USB JTAG NT software, select the target as DCT2224 (or other BDM target), the next time the title will show BDM NT.
Wouldn't it be easyer to just remove the downloadable soft from site tomavoid those that don't read this message?
soporteatmega

Post by soporteatmega »

TUNDRA wrote:Wouldn't it be easyer to just remove the downloadable soft from site tomavoid those that don't read this message?
I paid for a product and I have not used yet. I am in my rights to ask whatever I want, I downloaded the program, I just need to know what I asked. Thanks for not helping anything. I paid for a product and I have not used yet
:wink:
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

soporteatmega wrote:I paid for a product and I have not used yet. I am in my rights to ask whatever I want, I downloaded the program, I just need to know what I asked. Thanks for not helping anything. I paid for a product and I have not used yet
:wink:
Who in the hell said you can't download the program? Only thing is people DON'T READ. The USBJTAG NT Software is the only one needed to use EITHER TOOL. No need for sepraret soft. READ SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND. As far as Using the tool Same thing, Read and Follow Instuctions.

Beside My comment was To USBBDM As you Oviusly have No Clue as to What i was Suggesting to Him. Thanks for Not Understanding ;)

Do not download the USB BDM software

I guess USBBDM can't be more Clear Here. However people have a problem reading or Understanding.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

TUNDRA wrote:Who in the hell said you can't download the program? Only thing is people DON'T READ. The USBJTAG NT Software is the only one needed to use EITHER TOOL. No need for sepraret soft. READ SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND. As far as Using the tool Same thing, Read and Follow Instuctions.

Beside My comment was To USBBDM As you Oviusly have No Clue as to What i was Suggesting to Him. Thanks for Not Understanding ;)

Do not download the USB BDM software

I guess USBBDM can't be more Clear Here. However people have a problem reading or Understanding.
Since UDB MDM is obsolete I might remove the USB BDM download.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:Since UDB MDM is obsolete I might remove the USB BDM download.
Thank you for understanding my Suggestion. Apperantly someone understood I ment to remove the main USBJATG NT software download, Which was not the case at all. I think this will resolve the issue of people that still belive they need to download both softwares.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

OK, I have it removed and you only have one USB JTAG NT software.
0.38 will give you error when you load the wrong target which will save a lot of explanation.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:OK, I have it removed and you only have one USB JTAG NT software.
0.38 will give you error when you load the wrong target which will save a lot of explanation.
Your too Good USBBDM. Only thing Missing is you Make the program actualy talk to end use and tell them you have Connected the wrong tool for selected Target. LOL :D
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

TUNDRA wrote:Your too Good USBBDM. Only thing Missing is you Make the program actualy talk to end use and tell them you have Connected the wrong tool for selected Target. LOL :D
For old BDM since I am still supporting it, maybe I should allow my new NT software use this hardware so it can get all the features (no speed adjustment) of new NT software. I might need to rename the software (Anyone had good suggestion of what name this should me?). It will talk to the following hardware:
1. USB JTAG NT.
2. USB BDM NT.
3. USB BDM
4. Maybe old USB JTAG with only SPI read. This is just a proof of concept.
5. Blackcat LPT with SPI read.
6. FTDI chip for SPI read (also proof of concept).
Koevoet

Post by Koevoet »

Good name for it USB NTU (ultimate) as it will end up supporting most devices.

Regards
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Koevoet wrote:Good name for it USB NTU (ultimate) as it will end up supporting most devices.

Regards
Thats a very good Suggestion. :-)
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Has anyone used the USB BDM NT on a GM 68332?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

[email protected] wrote:Has anyone used the USB BDM NT on a GM 68332?
What is GM 68332? I assume it is Morotola 68332.
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Yes usbbdm, it is a Motorola 68332 out of a 1997 Monte Carlo. I have installed and wired a BDM header and jumped the lands on the board which enable BDM. The instructions for this were from flash dump on diy efi (Steve Ravet).
Thanks
Mark