CTC Riverside AKA Formlabs Form1+

This forum discuss about how to JTAG different devices.
bluecard

CTC Riverside AKA Formlabs Form1+

Post by bluecard »

Hello all,

I own a CTC Riverside SLA 3D printer which is a clone copy of the Formlabs Form1+ SLA 3d printer. The motherboard in the CTC Riverside is more or less a clone with one major exception in that it runs is own CTC firmware in place of the Formlabs firmware. It goes without saying the the CTC firmware is complete rubbish and nonfunctional.

I would very much like to replace the CTC Riverside firmware (version 1.1) with the vastly superior Formlabs Form1+ firmware.

My first attempt was to do a Form1+ firmware upgrade from thier software utility available freely on their website (formlabs dot com) but the CTC Riverside was of coarse not recognized as the correct device.
My second attempt was to put the device in a DFU recovery mode and follow procedure FormLabs outlined for a firmware recovery which aslo ended in failure.
I considered the possibility of simply changing/spoofing the USB ID and reattempting the DFU recovery but have not run down that path yet and don't know the correct USB ID's at this moment in time.

All of that said, I own a USBJTAGNT (from my surfboard modem days) and would love to throw it into action on this effort but honestly don't know how.

Anyone willing to help?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

In order to have USB JTAG NT work on the target, you need to determine if there is a JTAG port on the PCB, also what CPU it uses. You might need to analyze the bootloader (disassemble it).
bluecard

There is a hacked firmware for the CTC Riverside now!

Post by bluecard »

Per the User Group instructions for getting the Formlabs Form1+ firmware onto the CTC Riverside printer
(Link: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... bFQm_7dXcs )

The instructions that were posted in the form post call for the ST-LINK and there ST Link Utility.

The question I have is: Can I use my JTAG NT to perform the same actions?
If so then how?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

bluecard wrote:Per the User Group instructions for getting the Formlabs Form1+ firmware onto the CTC Riverside printer
(Link: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... bFQm_7dXcs )

The instructions that were posted in the form post call for the ST-LINK and there ST Link Utility.

The question I have is: Can I use my JTAG NT to perform the same actions?
If so then how?
No. Since this can be done with ST-Link V2. You can order it pretty cheap online.