Think about converting to FTA (Free-To-Air) TV!

Anything you want to talk that is not fit in other forums. Do not spam. The threads might get deleted if not appropriate

Moderator: justsomeguy

MrRogers

Think about converting to FTA (Free-To-Air) TV!

Post by MrRogers »

I have great reasons why everyone out there should consider adding FTA (Free-To-Air) as their secondary or primary sub, why you ask, well I personally have ALOT of great reasons but you decide!

1. There are ALOT more channels to choose from first and foremost, and MORE HD CHANNELS than any other provider out there, and I am not only referring to the normal channels I am also referring to all the internationals that your eyes can handle, which I know ALOT of people on here would salivate over not only for themselves but for their families benefit. Using an FTA receiver aimed at the D*shNET USA 61.5w, 72.7w, and 77w(international satellite with alot of city channels from each state included) offers way more packages on their channel lineup as a whole - and if you look at their international packages I am sure some of you would love to have the channels they have on that satellite. To be more precise here are the latest lyngsat website channel lineups for D*shNET on all three orbital satellites.

- Channels packages on 61.5w orbital Satellite -
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Dish-USA-61W.html

- Channels packages on 72.7w orbital Satellite -
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Dish-USA-73W.html

- International packages lineup on 77.0w orbital Satellite -
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/Dish-USA-77W.html

2. You will get WAY MORE HD CHANNELS hands down, than with Comcast, Time Warner, or any other cable company provider for that matter!

3. You will get ALL of the PPV packages, all of the time - they are always, how should I say this, like a sluts legs... OPEN. Just like all the other channels on the satellites that have a D*shNET lineup or is DishUSA on the lyngsat website.. Residents on the East Coast want to purchase a 1000.2 Eastern Arc Setup with the triple LNB or Dual LNB if you just want the normal channels, the triple LNB is more for the internationals, and you will need to buy a DPP34 power inserter to power the third LNB, which can be a pain in the ass - but worth it if you want the internationals. Or you can just aim at the international satellite with a single Dish 500 with a single LNB if that's ALL that you want, then you won't need a power inserter.

Those of you living on the West Coast or Central, you may want to get the Western Arc setup, but I have to warn you, the Eastern Arc satellites are going to be up longer and they are doing away with 110.0w, and 119.0w as well as 129.0w because they are degrading and most of the channels that WERE on them a long time ago I use to aim at with a Dish 500 setup from the East Coast and it worked fine with good signal quality, but you ay want to opt for the Eastern Arc setup as long as you get good signal quality on the West or Central Areas.

4. You can buy or use an external USB HDD for the PVR FTA units, and they are believe it or not, very reasonably priced compared to the older receivers we use to use. I personally recommend the Linkbox 8000 HD Local, or Plus unit. The Local has an ATSC tuner so you can scan for local channels, that is the only real difference, that and the actual files that you will need to load to the unit in order to reeive the programming on the satellites, the stock firmware is the FTA companies excuse to sell these receivers for legitimate purposes, but they are always used to get free D*shNET programming... It's as simple as loading 3rd party files to the unit(s). You will need to have the unit connected to your router or network via wifi antenna that they sometimes come with (usually), or via ethernet to your router for the (IKS portion to work). You will NEED TO HAVE INTERNET FOR THIS TO WORK! As well as scanning each satellite, then entering the P$ IKS information in to the "hidden menu", after that you save it and voila, you now should have every channel that your dish is aimed at.

I am ONLY suggesting this for the people out there looking to get a great phenomenal sub for their families and children. I do not condone helping anyone to sell or abuse this system because it has been up for a VERY LONG TIME, and we want to keep it that way.

There are many receivers that can be used but it is not openly discussed here how to decrypt DN because you don't want anyone getting suspicious of our great site. So my advice is to find a forum that deals in that sort of thing, one site comes to mind that I personally am a part of:

http://newftaxplosion.com/forum.php

I recommend using the Linkbox 8000 HD Local, or the Dreamlink HD T5 with the LS500 module.

Bottom line is the amount of channels on all 3 satellites will exceed 500+ channels with most of them being HD quality. The LNB on the Dish 1000.2 the dual LNB are bigger now so even in bad weather as long as you setup the dish correctly and get close to 90%+ on the sats you will be in VERY good shape and won't lose signal even during a storm.

Total cost for everything will probably run you around $168.00 for the box with the antenna included with the module + extras (ebay), and the dish setup, another $100.00 (ebay), if you already have a dish setup on your roof you might wanna figure out what it's aimed at, and no, you cannot use DirecTV dishes or LNB's for this, it has to be DN equipment. But if you already have DishN*T as a provider you can use their setup with the STB that you need to buy, and lastly as far as cost, you will need to wire it which for some may be a pain so you can always call DN and get a month of service and when you cancel they leave the dish + LNB on your house in case you decide to get service again, so thats something to think about, and lastly the "donation" cost for the private IKS server could be anywhere from $70-$100/yearly, most people use fishtv server for their private IKS because they have most of the channels up all the time. It is worth it for yourself to google private IKS paid servers fta to get a good idea for yourself which private IKS you prefer to use, the one with more reviews is the one I would go with.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
DeanOfTears

Post by DeanOfTears »

80 bucks for 12 months is real nice. I'll need to look into the process of getting it set up but it seems pretty easy/worth the investment. Have you found the Holy Grail ???
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

DeanOfTears wrote:80 bucks for 12 months is real nice. I'll need to look into the process of getting it set up but it seems pretty easy/worth the investment. Have you found the Holy Grail ???
Reading this Thread should answer that Question. Would he be getting into FTA TV if he had the Holy Grail?
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

He's probably got it hidden in the top drawer of his Dresser upstairs underneath his Briefs. But, in all honesty, the Man brings a lot of skill and wisdom to the Table and, therefore, deserves a round of applause. Put a bunch of practical, usuable, easily understood wisdom to the Site and, at a point where interacting with Xfinity seems to be a last-chance scenario, this appears to be what I would commonly call a SOLID. Applause is in the air! Thanks, Sir.
DeanOfTears

Post by DeanOfTears »

Killswitch wrote:He's probably got it hidden in the top drawer of his Dresser upstairs underneath his Briefs. But, in all honesty, the Man brings a lot of skill and wisdom to the Table and, therefore, deserves a round of applause. Put a bunch of practical, usuable, easily understood wisdom to the Site and, at a point where interacting with Xfinity seems to be a last-chance scenario, this appears to be what I would commonly call a SOLID. Applause is in the air! Thanks, Sir.
I +1 this 100%. It is nice to see such a nice write up on a topic like this. Mr Rogers really is as friendly and helpful as his namesake.
gone

Post by gone »

Interesting. I'm assuming MrRogers is referring to IKS for open PPVs, etc, since true FTA is filled with little of "entertainment" value to most (well, at least no value to atheistic English-language only viewers). I did public card share back in the day, via modded modems, and local un(or badly)secured APs. Had all DN birds, plus Bev's.

So what's the current state of private servers? Who and where are "trusted' providers? What's average downtime these days, etc?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

gone wrote:Interesting. I'm assuming MrRogers is referring to IKS for open PPVs, etc, since true FTA is filled with little of "entertainment" value to most (well, at least no value to atheistic English-language only viewers). I did public card share back in the day, via modded modems, and local un(or badly)secured APs. Had all DN birds, plus Bev's.

So what's the current state of private servers? Who and where are "trusted' providers? What's average downtime these days, etc?
It is worth it for yourself to google private IKS paid servers fta to get a good idea for yourself which private IKS you prefer to use
I think its clear that is what he is referring to.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

FTA killed satellite testing ! plain and simple it ruined it for everyone..i still don't trust the IKS route. if your plugged in online you can be traced..plain and simple it is 100% traceable ..if the government or even the sat companies want they can track each and every one of those people who sub to these IKS servers....I don't trust them at all.....and don't even know how there are so many that are being allowed ( yes allowed by the sat companies as they do the math on what it would cost to bust these people to the make sure it is even worth it to them).......just my 2 cents since I haven't been around for a long time i'm trying to get caught up on what has been going on around here
live your life like a beer commericial
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

I appreciate the applause but this is really common knowledge that is spread out among the net guys, FTA use to be very different than it is today as justsomeguy said there use to be a lot more testing back in the day with it but now it is essentially open to everyone with nothing to really test. As far as being traced that was heard of during the Dire*TV days because you had to be hooked up to the phone line but today it is nearly impossible unless you go with a server that has risks, I.e. One hosted in the USA, if you use fishtv one that is reliable a d outside the country I find it very hard for them to log IP's of those connected, the concept of catching drug dealers applies here, they are not after the junkies, they are after the guys making lots of money selling the drugs. Since I personally started doing FTA 10 years ago I have never had that as an issue, but when I sold things that's when I started being watched. Which is exactly why all the private IKS servers still up today are OUTSIDE the USA :) especially in countries where there is no extradition laws which covers them and your personal info, they even tell you specifically to not pay via paypal because they can share your info so they do what they can to help you protect your identity. It is definitely a sure thing with barely any downtime, probably an hour or toe a year if you need an estimate :)

' justsomeguy - I understand that you are weary of IKS but I have been doing it a long time (6 years now) and still no knock on the door. It's one of those things that you would be better off asking on their forums and see what the general do census says. I assume they know better than anyone, before IKS it was just loading a bin file every few months and then when nagravision 3 came along that's when IKS was released but it was free, now the coders charge money for the actual service and as a measure to protect themselves they call it a donation vs cost for a year of service, so something tells me they are just as cautious as most of us are when it comes to doing anything that gets them free stuffs.

Now while it is very possible to be traced, I have never heard of anybody getting busted or arrested for getting free satellite tv, in order to be traced you have to have an ISP and it be in your name, a lot of receivers these days work wirelessly via IKS so you can just as easily not be caught if you know how to use proxies, etc. justsomeguy, you seem very anti IKS haha. Please don't take this as we should by any means stop testing on cable, just that tv is a sure thing via IKS, with or without risks. And if you really want to hide your identity, just use a prepaid credit card, and use the wireless amplifiers for the IKS connection. There are many ways to cover your tracks these days. A while back it was very different. Especially if you are stuck in the directv days, vs the new di*hNDT days with different methods. I have gone through 7 receivers for dish and every time it has always been worth it to my family, and with the open PPVs chans and sports as well as for the kids there is lots of benefits. I dare you guys to go on YouTube and search for dishnet piracy channel message. If they were trying to track down the pirates they wouldn't be advertising to them to switch to pay for their tv service, you guys will get a laugh out of it...

For example:
http://youtu.be/X_cAzTn3c0Y

That's usually not something they do if their trying to catch you. And most of what the guy says in that message is complete bs and untrue to try and deter piracy, but the sad truth is it still. It pretty much works for all channels including the ones he said were dropping which they never actually did, they simply moved channel packages to a different satellite, if you guys decide to do it even you justsomeguy I will give you help, since the beverly channels don't work you'll have to aim at our dish echo star sats for tv bud lol ;)
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

I am in no way saying this should be anyone's first line of choice for tv but if you are curious and wNt to understand better how IKS works the you should go ahead and give it a try just for the sake of seeing and understanding how it works, NOT RECEIVE FREE DN PROGRAMMING!!!! I want to make that VERY clear! We all know that the caco's always seem to have countermeasures and they can be cat and mouse at times, but the dish route there is a lot less debris in the road to stopping anyone from achieving a desired result.

I am personally in to it for the simple fact of trying to help with creating .abs files and updates for the Dreamlink T5 HD unit. When people complain about peg or channel lineups, I keep an eye on the forums to release files to fix the issues which is unrelated to the hidden menu files that you enter the private server info into to get the hacked card info loaded to users particular units, so in essence it is to help out but I won't lie I use the Linkbox 8000 HD Local unit because it was given to me as a gift for helping, I actually saved Sonicview when they back in the day sold the iHUB and everyone was bricking the module, I figured out how to debrick it and got thanks from just about every SV retailer on the phone and via email. Since those days, all my videos showing users how to debrick the iHUB have been taken down but the smart users on here will know it was me based on the name. Moving forward, everyone should be suspicious of any provider they use, comcrap included. Always be cautious and I recommend wearing rubber gloves if you handle any equipment, if anything ever happens in the unlikely event, you can say that you had no idea and that you never touched that box so how could I possibly add a 3rd party file to a box I've never touched. They need proof, without your hands on the box you never touched it. :)
I JTAGGED your mom.

Team Windowpane

Post by Team Windowpane »

I don't want to push the brakes on all the fanfare here but I'd say as with everything that we do, protect yourself and hide your identities. Heed justsomeguy's wisdom:

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCOURTS-t ... 0050-0.pdf

But MrRogers has a point though... when in doubt, choose a provider overseas... :D
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

Team Windowpane wrote:I don't want to push the brakes on all the fanfare here but I'd say as with everything that we do, protect yourself and hide your identities. Heed justsomeguy's wisdom:

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCOURTS-t ... 0050-0.pdf

But MrRogers has a point though... when in doubt, choose a provider overseas... :D

As far as DishNET bringing anyone to court they are always involved in selling or hacking boxes and selling them to people to turn a profit. All the good private servers are overseas now anyways so there's really nothing to worry about, literally I would have stopped doing it if there was ANY chance of being caught doing it. I can attest based on my own experience that they are not going to bring any single person to court unless they are costing DishNET customers and having monetary gain involved has ALOT to do with being prosecuted, otherwise they would have arrested me a long time ago when they subpoena Nfusion and all the other FTA stbs customer info, trust me when I say this. As a customer you have literally a near 0% chance of running in to any trouble because there are lots of people with FTA and they have been going for years. The same as me and still no court summons, 5 years later.

Also just for fun, google dish farm and look at photos of the hobbies that people in FTA get into, they take FTA to the MAX and literally have farms on their roofs or backyard on telephone poles to catch every satellite.. There really is no risk as a customer unless you either flaunt it to an FBI agent, try to sell hacked FTA boxes online, or you just plain advertise getting paid channels for free when people can easily identify you.
I JTAGGED your mom.