Help in ubuntu linux.

NT software on Linux testing.
shrooms

Post by shrooms »

justsomeguy wrote:lol....now that is funny...why would you need a free trial? just so you can confirm the great new developments you get with the tool?? or just so you can use it for the 10 mins you need it for then dissapear for a year..lol..not necessarly saying that's what you will do...but i guarantee you that's what alot of others would do!! that's like saying to turbo tax-hey you upgraded your tax software this year i should get a free trial....lol...what ya think they would say to ya??
I think logic has escaped you or you shoved it through a window head first.
Linux is a finicky OS, it is open sourced and the amount of variables available far exceed Windows or OSX therefore not every customized environment would work as expected for everyone.

Why the free trial? First off, I would have to buy the NT to use the NT software. I already own the original usbjtag, so even if I had a clone, how would a free trial for the NT sw help me? If I was a legacy owner, there is a paypal record, so I wouldn't be stealing a free trial, I would have earned it, so to say, for previously and further supporting the developer with his new product. Furthermore, I'm not disappearing for a year, if I wanted to, I could keep using the Windows version that is entitled to every NT customer however, I see that it's only fair to allow people that support a developer's work to try the Linux port, mainly because it might not work for everyone in regards to compatibility or conformity to their custom setup.

I don't see a way for anyone to scam usbbdm in what I'm proposing; it would only create a solid customer loyalty impression. Corporate executives pay top tier consulting fees for this type of advice. Just saying
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

shrooms wrote:I think logic has escaped you or you shoved it through a window head first.
Linux is a finicky OS, it is open sourced and the amount of variables available far exceed Windows or OSX therefore not every customized environment would work as expected for everyone.

Why the free trial? First off, I would have to buy the NT to use the NT software. I already own the original usbjtag, so even if I had a clone, how would a free trial for the NT sw help me? If I was a legacy owner, there is a paypal record, so I wouldn't be stealing a free trial, I would have earned it, so to say, for previously and further supporting the developer with his new product. Furthermore, I'm not disappearing for a year, if I wanted to, I could keep using the Windows version that is entitled to every NT customer however, I see that it's only fair to allow people that support a developer's work to try the Linux port, mainly because it might not work for everyone in regards to compatibility or conformity to their custom setup.

I don't see a way for anyone to scam usbbdm in what I'm proposing; it would only create a solid customer loyalty impression. Corporate executives pay top tier consulting fees for this type of advice. Just saying
usbbdm has ALREADY created that!! long before you or even I arrived here!! he don't need to screw around with free trials to do that. that's just more unnecessary work for him
live your life like a beer commericial
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

A lot of the true testers get free code and they did a lot of help to help the Linux development. After it is matured there is no free code.
shrooms

Post by shrooms »

justsomeguy wrote:usbbdm has ALREADY created that!! long before you or even I arrived here!! he don't need to screw around with free trials to do that. that's just more unnecessary work for him
take it easy buddy
you might run out of exclamation marks

usbbdm wrote:A lot of the true testers get free code and they did a lot of help to help the Linux development. After it is matured there is no free code.
thanks for clarifying
I just thought it would be nice to give customers who have bought both usbjtag versions under the same paypal address a chance to try the linux version before diving in. It's okay because my friend has a purchased linux license, came over and let me use it. Now I just know after the fact it's not worth the money but that's just considering my case scenario. If I get a new laptop, I'll reformat this one and have a devoted linux for the jtag and other hobby related stuff, I'll probably buy it then.