Not activated?

Report bugs found in the software. New release will fix those busg.
harrybaules

Not activated?

Post by harrybaules »

I have usbjtag nt. I activated succesfully and have tried using the program. But then some times when i close the program and try to open it at a later time i get NOT ACTIVATED. It won't open the activation page either. If i restart my computer it works again. So what is the problem. I installed the setup .65 and both visuall c++ redistributables. Am I supposed to install anything else? I have windows 7. i see a file called usbjtagnt .64. I didnt' install it because it looks to me like the previous version of .65. Am i wrong?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

harrybaules wrote:I have usbjtag nt. I activated succesfully and have tried using the program. But then some times when i close the program and try to open it at a later time i get NOT ACTIVATED. It won't open the activation page either. If i restart my computer it works again. So what is the problem. I installed the setup .65 and both visuall c++ redistributables. Am I supposed to install anything else? I have windows 7. i see a file called usbjtagnt .64. I didnt' install it because it looks to me like the previous version of .65. Am i wrong?
When things happen, unplug USB and plug USB again should solve the issue.
The reason is the communication of the USB JTAG NT to PC is out of sync. This happens when you are executing a lengthy process and close the app, the JTAG NT chip is still execute old command and when you start the app latter it will receive the old data and caused this. No need to restart PC.
However, it is highly recommend you power your target as well while you unplug USB from your PC.
harrybaules

Post by harrybaules »

i thought that target's power should be OFF while we plug and unplug USB.
cherrymachine

power

Post by cherrymachine »

Yes, he prob ment to say power down your target...but yes power should be disconnected when connecting jtag
harrybaules

Post by harrybaules »

cherrymachine wrote:Yes, he prob ment to say power down your target...but yes power should be disconnected when connecting jtag
Thanks man.