Bad Detect

Report bugs found in the software. New release will fix those busg.
Gizmodc96

Bad Detect

Post by Gizmodc96 »

On SB5101, i attach jtag, which is activated(it does say usb connected in bottom right, but when I hit Detech, I get nothing but IDCODE 00000000.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Check your soldering. This indicate your connection is not right. (Pin 1 flipped?)
eremyja

Post by eremyja »

I am having the same problem, and im almost certain it isnt my soldering.. is there some way to test the jtag? actually, the one of the first times i tried to detect, it saw my 5101 but said it didnt recognize it.. idcode 00000008 or something like that.. but then i exited out and tried again and all 0's
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

eremyja wrote:I am having the same problem, and im almost certain it isnt my soldering.. is there some way to test the jtag? actually, the one of the first times i tried to detect, it saw my 5101 but said it didnt recognize it.. idcode 00000008 or something like that.. but then i exited out and tried again and all 0's
Almost Certain Isn't Good Enough, Recheck Soldering as USBBDM Suggested.
And as Far as Testing the JTAG Its So Super Easy>>>>>>> Try Detecting a different Target, DCT700,DCT2500,SB5100, I mean How Hard Is it To Have Thought of THAT????
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

eremyja wrote:I am having the same problem, and im almost certain it isnt my soldering.. is there some way to test the jtag? actually, the one of the first times i tried to detect, it saw my 5101 but said it didnt recognize it.. idcode 00000008 or something like that.. but then i exited out and tried again and all 0's
If you cannot detect CPU the it is a good sign of the connection problem. Try another target. Maybe cable also. The good way to check is to use a multimeter to test the pins and make sure they are in good connection.

If your software detects the JTAG NT hardware, the hardware is OK. The connections include the 14 pin cable to the PCB of the target. I know someone are good at soldering while others get used to use solder less and think this is "good" connection. So it all depends on people's level of understanding of what is good connection. If you look at my photos, I always solder pin headers or use cable to solder to the pads. Sometime even hot glue them to make sure the connection is good.

ALso you need to make sure the connection is right. I have seen people connect the "middle" 10 pins of the 14 pin JTAG and assume that will work. They did not realize that PIN1 match is the key. So many times it had been mentioned that pin 1 but people still think that is the way to go. If that is the case, no matter how good your soldering is you do not make good connection.
prence18

detect

Post by prence18 »

for me with the DCT700, i have to press select detect 3 time for to get a result. 98% of the time i have to select one time to get a result. Some times i have to plug and unplug, some times when i replug and unplug, the debug is on. I have to take it off. What I'm saying is when their is a little problem, it wont hurt to do a little trouble shoot .
Newb

Post by Newb »

Gizmodc96 wrote:On SB5101, i attach jtag, which is activated(it does say usb connected in bottom right, but when I hit Detech, I get nothing but IDCODE 00000000.
this happened to me. solder was gud. just had to restart power few times b4 it detected.
Everything I say is hy·po·thet·i·cal!
Everything I say I do Is hy·po·thet·i·cal!
I do this to exercise my deficient brain:cool:
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Newb wrote:this happened to me. solder was gud. just had to restart power few times b4 it detected.
You should not power off on several time to get detect if connection is good. Some earlier JTAG NT had some issue needs to power off/on. Serial number 24xx and newer will not have such issue.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:You should not power off on several time to get detect if connection is good. Some earlier JTAG NT had some issue needs to power off/on. Serial number 24xx and newer will not have such issue.
Mine is 13xx And never had any Problems with it.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
XBOXModder.com

Post by XBOXModder.com »

Probably got the damn cable backwards.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

That is why PIN1 is marked. Even if the cable is backwards (When shipped pin1 is always red), you should still try to match pin 1.
wittmann

Post by wittmann »

Hi, I have the same issue on all of my three SB5101E (using the SB5101 template):

Code: Select all

-detect
IDCODE 00000000
All cable modems are still running haxorware-firmware. The noisy bootloader was written by a simple JTAG-2-LPT circuit to the SB5101E.

This is the output from the bootloader, maybe it will help:

Code: Select all

BCM3349A0
MemSize: ......................... 8M
Flash detected @0xbe000000

Signature: 3349

Broadcom BootLoader Version: 2.1.6d release Gnu
Build Date: Dec  7 2004
Build Time: 09:10:44

Image 1 Program Header:
   Signature: 3349
     Control: 0000
   Major Rev: 0001
   Minor Rev: 0001
  Build Time: 2009/6/7 01:53:33 Z
 File Length: 1182875 bytes
Load Address: 80500000
    Filename: ecram_sto.bin
         HCS: e4ac
         CRC: 40e83afc

HCS failed on Image 2 Program Header

Enter '1', '2', or 'p' within 2 seconds or take default...
Someone a idea?

OS Running is: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and Software USB JTAG NT 0.51.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

If software is not activated, then it displays all 00.
If you have incorrect connection then it can also display 00s.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

wittmann wrote:Hi, I have the same issue on all of my three SB5101E (using the SB5101 template):
Someone a idea?

OS Running is: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and Software USB JTAG NT 0.51.
And Next Time Start your Own Thread , Don't Bump Up Old Threads. READ THE FORUM RULES..... How F ING Hard is it to Read the Forum Rules??????
wittmann

Post by wittmann »

usbbdm wrote:If software is not activated, then it displays all 00.
If you have incorrect connection then it can also display 00s.
Ok, the software showing -Not Activated- in the title but the activation code from today morning I've entered and press OK. But the software show still -Not activated-