Sb6141 SPI? and other doubts

SB6XXX,SBV6XXX

Moderators: justsomeguy, Koevoet

cheeto

Sb6141 SPI? and other doubts

Post by cheeto »

Hey guys,
I'm about to place an order for a SB6141.

Although i don't have one in my hands, I wondering if someone can give me some heads up on some doubts that i have.

First, I understand when programming I'm suppose to use the sb6120.xml.

My doubt is: where is the SPI on the board? Is it ON U7_PIN 2?

I know many people have had a lot of success with usb ttl 3.3v. But I assure you that it does not work in my case.
I tried it on several Docsis 3 modems and it won't work. Can anyone recommend a good usb ttl?

And finally, given that I'm traveling to the US, can anyone recommend any additional accessories? I have a POMONA 5252,
some test clips. I once read something about a "pick" for connecting to the spi. (i don't remember the complete name)

Thanks!!
xuhue

Post by xuhue »

cheeto wrote:Hey guys,

Although i don't have one in my hands, I wondering if someone can give me some heads up on some doubts that i have.

I know many people have had a lot of success with usb ttl 3.3v. But I assure you that it does not work in my case.
I tried it on several Docsis 3 modems and it won't work. Can anyone recommend a good usb ttl?

And finally, given that I'm traveling to the US, can anyone recommend any additional accessories? I have a POMONA 5252,
some test clips. I once read something about a "pick" for connecting to the spi. (i don't remember the complete name)

Thanks!!
here what you need
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ricktendo

Post by ricktendo »

Make sure the 3.3v is grounded on the modem or to the usbjtag.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

cheeto wrote:Hey guys,

Thanks!!
The 3.3v does not work in all cases. When that happens, use the 5v.

And the ISP is never on the SPI Flash, On the SPI Flash would be for external power...........
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
cheeto

Post by cheeto »

Many thanks, I got it to work with 3.3v.

Cheers!