Bricked SBV6220, need help!

SB6XXX,SBV6XXX

Moderators: justsomeguy, Koevoet

bustah

Bricked SBV6220, need help!

Post by bustah »

A friend went ahead of himself and flashed forceware to allflash instead of ubfi. The modem is now bricked with all the lights being solid. It no longer seem to detect the device. It only shows unknown Flash Type ff,ff,ff. Is it possible to debrick it? Any type of help would be appreciated. Thanks!
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

bustah wrote:A friend went ahead of himself and flashed forceware to allflash instead of ubfi. The modem is now bricked with all the lights being solid. It no longer seem to detect the device. It only shows unknown Flash Type ff,ff,ff. Is it possible to debrick it? Any type of help would be appreciated. Thanks!
How does he program the all flash? Did he cmpram after the programming?
geant90

Post by geant90 »

Hopefully you have a backup. You will have to flash the SPI not using the ISP point
bustah

Post by bustah »

I don't think he did cmpram. He just loaded the Forceware and pressed write on the allflash tab.

He doesn't have a back up, but I found some SBV6220 dump.

Can't flash it when it doesn't even detect.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Jesus! It's totally amazing that These Testers don't realize that making a Backup is critical and that Restoring Modems without it is wishful thinking. It's a glorified Paperweight. Goodday.
bustah

Post by bustah »

MoonGoon wrote:Jesus! It's totally amazing that These Testers don't realize that making a Backup is critical and that Restoring Modems without it is wishful thinking. It's a glorified Paperweight. Goodday.
It's pretty amazing why you bothered to reply in this post. I admit that he did do something stupid but I am not here to ask for your opinion.
geant90

Post by geant90 »

well if you tried the way I told you you might be lucky . . . . no promises
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Wow! No comment - keep Testing, Skip. And, the gentleman before me is correct. You and he are one in the same.