Re: USBJtag BINS = Flash BIN from Blackcat??

Newbies post here.
virus.b

Re: USBJtag BINS = Flash BIN from Blackcat??

Post by virus.b »

Anyone know if I can take a 2MB Flash BIN created from blackcat and then flash it with USBJtag? Will it be the same BIN as the ones created from USBJtag?? Or do I need to completely re-do an entire backup FW with USBJtag? Basically, are the BINS made from both of these programs interchangeable??
tester5

Post by tester5 »

should be same
virus.b

Re: Blackcat Bins = USBJtag BINS

Post by virus.b »

Great to know! Just wanted to make sure before I flash. Don't want to "brick" anything if the boot sector is a bit different. However, with Blackcat, there is a "flash" BIN, and also a "firmware" BIN. For USBJtag, they only have 1 complete BIN... so that means I have to somehow Flash the 2-Blackcat BINS one after another in different $tring locations?
Naztheros

Post by Naztheros »

virus.b wrote:Great to know! Just wanted to make sure before I flash. Don't want to "brick" anything if the boot sector is a bit different. However, with Blackcat, there is a "flash" BIN, and also a "firmware" BIN. For USBJtag, they only have 1 complete BIN... so that means I have to somehow Flash the 2-Blackcat BINS one after another in different $tring locations?

well after you ldram the 2mb dump you can program only the tabs you want... boot.. cfg.. image0... image1 and/or logs... :)

lets say you have your modem running sigmaX and wanna put sigmaX2 on it.. so when you load a 2mb "sigmaX2" dump you will only need to program image0 (or/and maybe image1) that is the firmware section... :D
~~ When everything fails... READ THE MANUAL!!! ~~
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Some program will not do endian convert properly. wrt54g.c for example, you cannot program a wrt54g router using usbjtag with the bin file read by wrt54g.c.

How can you tell if you can program it with usbjtag? Open the bin file with usbjtag and go through the file, if there is a text like "Motorola", if you read "Motorola" in the right order, then you can program this binary file. If you read something like "otoMalor", then DO NOT program it!!!!.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

cant they change endian in jtag setting and program like that.