non ph

Box hardware. Watchdog. Models.
extreme24

non ph

Post by extreme24 »

Ok..start off by saying i have 3 ph8 going...BIG THANXS....I am trying to clone a good firmware and active nvram from a ph8 to some nonph boards its a no go...saved info from the ph8 box loaded it to the nonph boxes but i have no pic and no vod and no guide.

is there a special process to go from new board to and old board..diag screen comes on an firmware is loaded i have signal lock ..and an ip address... i also am trying to understand i=like i said i have an ip but no sending and recieving down in socket.... also where exactly at the end of the nvram is everyone changing the emmid is it at 0023ffe0....thanx

PS.. whats the difference between "setram code" an "program 500000 aa000" which is to be used and y.....
cherrymachine

nonph boards

Post by cherrymachine »

non ph boards use an area called dipcode which you will see on your screen when you change your config from ph789 to nonph. Also your firm will be flipped on a nonph, cr4 or ph6. also on these older boards you have to remove c105 or it will jump out of program mode. Also the jtag plug is flipped. Not for the novice. If you get ahold of a good one you can use command getram dipcode then setram dipcode. The setram code does the whole code (which i use) where program 604000 starts code at address 604000 and aa000 is the length. I use setram code to program the new box and use a script with the 604000 routine when i change something in the code area.(id block xc etc.)
extreme24

Post by extreme24 »

so what ur saying is when I read my firmware from the Ph8 box do a getram dipcode and nvram...flip firmware and just u use setram code..

thought I had to program nvram every time I did a setram code..that could b where my mistake is....

remember I'm trying to go from ph8 to nonph.. I have removed c105
cherrymachine

nonph

Post by cherrymachine »

what im saying is u cant do it. If u get another nonph thats good you can do a getram dipcode, code, nvram, and put it in ur non working nonph. setram dipcode, code, nvram. or if u did a backup (should do this with all boards) you could write it all back in and put it back in original condition.
There is no dipcode on a ph789. And again make sure your setting the config. Its different for a nonph and a ph8. You will see a dipcode tab for the nonph and not for a ph789. You would flip the firmware (code) if you
were editing something in the code (id block xc etc.) if not you'll get an error message stating this. Then you have to flip it back before doing a setram code or program 406000.
extreme24

Post by extreme24 »

Ok thanx i get it now,,,theres is no way to clone a ph789 to nonph ,,i need an active nonph....

ok with that said.. what is the address of the data that is needed to be changed to enable vod ...have read severl days and can not come up with anything except people saying change 00 01 or 01 01 to 00 03 . or sumthing.. where is it located...
cherrymachine

data

Post by cherrymachine »

second line up from the bottom of nvram. changes ur data freq. There is a chart on this board somewhere for different freqs. Some are 104.2 some are 75 something. You can set for 00 00 and the box will come up HUNT and find it automaticly. But if the box has prems on it and has old firmware it will update and wipe them. You need to have a good id that is in the system. If the box is from ur area use a couple numbers close to the one you have now. u also need a good upm. This is found in diagnostics under interactive or unit id One of them i forget.
extreme24

Post by extreme24 »

Ok this is what ive done.. got nonph back to orginial state. did a connectbox and now i have analog,, and guide no vod no ip it says unconfig..

how can i adjust the nvram of the ph8 to apply it to nonph.. everytime i apply the active nvram to the nonph, the box boots with dip, wont load the firmeware...

how can i also find out where the address's are in the firmware or nvram that everyone speaks of like " 400000-200000, 406000-aa000,500000-b0000,tvguide 400000-200000" am i missing a program where i can edit these values or at least see them .. i have 4 nonph units and i cant get any to take the new nvram.. all units have c105 removed, or the firmware..also WHERE IS C000