Firmware update not taking on "old board" DCT

Firmware related issues.
DSS4Free

Firmware update not taking on "old board" DCT

Post by DSS4Free »

OK, so here is my problem. I have like 5 DCTs that are all old board. We recently had a firmware upgrade to the DCT and none of these have guide now. Also, my hard drive crapped a couple months ago and I dont have a backup.

So, I did have one box that was not modified and I hooked it up with a WHP 5/13 (return block) in line and it DID take the update and guide came back. HOWEVER, when I try to write the backup that I just made of this box to the other boxes, I get guide and everything, but ALL channels are black. When I put my backup back on that box, I get the channels back, but old firmware and no guide

I read the sticky (that is now closed) on which bytes to change to make these things update, but it doesnt mention the location for "old board". I tried to find the location by the ones listed, but there is all zeros in those locations.

How do I get these things back to download the firmware? Any info is greatly appreciated
ilavu

Post by ilavu »

CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

DSS4Free wrote:OK, so here is my problem. I have like 5 DCTs that are all old board. We recently had a firmware upgrade to the DCT and none of these have guide now. Also, my hard drive crapped a couple months ago and I dont have a backup.

So, I did have one box that was not modified and I hooked it up with a WHP 5/13 (return block) in line and it DID take the update and guide came back. HOWEVER, when I try to write the backup that I just made of this box to the other boxes, I get guide and everything, but ALL channels are black. When I put my backup back on that box, I get the channels back, but old firmware and no guideI read the sticky (that is now closed) on which bytes to change to make these things update, but it doesnt mention the location for "old board". I tried to find the location by the ones listed, but there is all zeros in those locations.

How do I get these things back to download the firmware? Any info is greatly appreciated
Put back Old firmware and let the Box take the Update on its own. Once thats done compleatly the guide will return.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."