StarChoice, 4DTV and Digicipher II

BDM (NT) on Star Choice
merkin

Post by merkin »

But Alonso's whole point was inorder to receive your DC2 subs the clock MUST be resynchronized.

What SPECIFIC memory addresses did you backup, and with what BDM tool and software?

The reason you ONLY see stock tiles is because the script/app you are using only addresses the NVRAM. There is NO way the generics are stored in the NVRAM or they would be there after a Master Reset.

The Location is the SRAM. It must be. As soon as someone writes a script/app that can select the external RAM via CS1 and CS2 of the MC68, we will have generics back!
wolffie454

Post by wolffie454 »

So are you saying my clock is now not synchronized due to the dead EMM (4096). I am curious about this because as I stated, I never noticed this prior to 4096 shutdown.

True, the NVRAM obviously doesn't contain generics. Using $800000-$83FFFF for SRAM. 256 kB. Also did a (full memory???) dump 2MB in size. It starts with something like 1993-1999 General Instruments Corp.(ASCII) I would think the generics would be in this dump. I dumped via usbbdmNT.
merkin

Post by merkin »

wolffie454 wrote:So are you saying my clock is now not synchronized due to the dead EMM (4096). I am curious about this because as I stated, I never noticed this prior to 4096 shutdown.
No I wouldnt have any idea, but what Alonso is saying I think is that your clock MUST be sychronized to receive subscription based programming.

If you never noticed it while EMM 4096 was active, could you tell me how many other satellites carried the 4096 while it was active? And also how many satellites carry the new HITS2HOME EMM besides W5? That could explain it, but I have no personal experience.
wolffie454 wrote:Also did a (full memory???) dump 2MB in size. It starts with something like 1993-1999 General Instruments Corp.(ASCII) I would think the generics would be in this dump. I dumped via usbbdmNT.
No, why would the generics be in a full NVRAM dump? You just said "NVRAM obviously doesn't contain generics". Look at the 4play source "docs" folder. The NVRAM is AM28F160D (it is 2MB).

Alonso discovered already there is no way to read SRAM, since there is no way to use the CS pins of the MCU 6833x with USBBDM NT. The support needs to be added and USBBDM needs a 4DTV box to figure it out.
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

This is a slideshow of the status of this recovered DSR920 new uid that no one wants to activate they want a serial number starting with 000's
Enjoy the photos

http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac35 ... =slideshow