usb bdm on SC?

BDM (NT) on Star Choice
freddyfoo

Post by freddyfoo »

usbbdm wrote:What CPU it uses? (DCR-421) Does it have a XC chip?
List of interesting chips:

Motorola MC68CK331CPV16 (CPU?)
ST60MBTUBG (decoder? Embedded w/ a MIPS core if I recall?)
XC78066 (XC chip? Basing that on the number itself)

Other goo, flash, etc.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

freddyfoo wrote:List of interesting chips:

Motorola MC68CK331CPV16 (CPU?)
ST60MBTUBG (decoder? Embedded w/ a MIPS core if I recall?)
XC78066 (XC chip? Basing that on the number itself)

Other goo, flash, etc.
Yes BDM should work on this box.
wicked

Post by wicked »

well i have a dsr 405 here and the sctest will go into the chip however i try to read the flash with getram 80000 83ffff and i get memory out of range the 405 uses bcm 7010 if this can help i do know that the 401 is still in use as i have a friend with one am i am wanting to use his box information but before i go onto his i want to make sure i can dump the flash incase it doesnt work
here is a pic of the inside of the dsr 905 witch is very close to the 405 i can supply pic if some has place to up it for 405
http://www.coolstf.com/4play/905big.gif
GideonOmega

Post by GideonOmega »

wicked wrote:well i have a dsr 405 here and the sctest will go into the chip however i try to read the flash with getram 80000 83ffff and i get memory out of range the 405 uses bcm 7010 if this can help i do know that the 401 is still in use as i have a friend with one am i am wanting to use his box information but before i go onto his i want to make sure i can dump the flash incase it doesnt work

does the 405 and 401 have XC chips -- I have a 410 which does not seem to have an xc on board.
wicked

Post by wicked »

yes 405 has xc chip
xc 420061-003
bcm 7010kpb
flash am29lv160db with ver 106x01
also the dsr 405 has a dsr 401E main board they placed a unit address lable over the board info
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I believe the theory of fake UID and clear PPV should work on SC box. They are exact the same as other DCT boxes.
wicked

Post by wicked »

ok is there any information on the location of the uid i would figure it is located on the xc chip due to a experiment that i did on a pace dct that was open.we removed xc from open box and installed it to an non open box and the box lit up with all channels open just like the original so i figure the information is on that chip as we didn't move any other chips.usb do you know if the spi will work on the sc box?.also from what i have read there is a 5 pin header right beside the xc and apparently when the xc is loaded at the factory they blow fuses in the chip to not allow it to be written to to some point
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

wicked wrote:ok is there any information on the location of the uid i would figure it is located on the xc chip due to a experiment that i did on a pace dct that was open.we removed xc from open box and installed it to an non open box and the box lit up with all channels open just like the original so i figure the information is on that chip as we didn't move any other chips.usb do you know if the spi will work on the sc box?.also from what i have read there is a 5 pin header right beside the xc and apparently when the xc is loaded at the factory they blow fuses in the chip to not allow it to be written to to some point
The whole firmware have to be disassembled and then new checksum needs to be computed. The first step is to disassemble the firmware on each box.
wicked

Post by wicked »

ok i have just checked the 5 pin header that is located beside xc
pin 1 doesnt seem to be used
pin 2 goes to pin 49 of xc
pin 3 cant see a connection
pin 4 goes to pin 51 of xc
pin 5 ground
found 2 pins on xc that have 3volt battery backup
i wonder if pin 1 and pin 3 are the ones that they blow the fuse bits like in an amtel ?
tester5

Post by tester5 »

the pass card module should be universal on all boxes that have XC chip/ so i found the firmware for this boxes used by motorola but i do not have the program to access the serial / once i boot shows some scrambled data then stops. with regular firmware i cant read it fine.
wicked

Post by wicked »

here are some photos of the 401E
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Looks to me there is a BDM port. Does not seem to be able to find this model locally.
wicked

Post by wicked »

yes it does hook to the usb bdm and with the sctest.dll i can get so far with it at least i can get reset and a7 does show 99999999 from there what do i need to do to get software to read the flash
wicked

Post by wicked »

here is the stright dsr 401 no real differences between this and the 405
notice the different board numbers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

wicked wrote:here is the stright dsr 401 no real differences between this and the 405
notice the different board numbers
Is DSR411 the same board with Motorola CPU?