usb bdm on SC?

BDM (NT) on Star Choice
wicked

Post by wicked »

i dont have access to a dsr411 but i belive the 4dtv 901 is a SC401 & 905 is 405 these are older boxes but still are in the SC iinvintory as my fried has one that i will pull a flash from a working unit to compare to the asm file i sent you usbbdm by the way did you recive it ?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

wicked wrote:i dont have access to a dsr411 but i belive the 4dtv 901 is a SC401 & 905 is 405 these are older boxes but still are in the SC iinvintory as my fried has one that i will pull a flash from a working unit to compare to the asm file i sent you usbbdm by the way did you recive it ?
I got your asm file.
wicked

Post by wicked »

will be posting pics and chip info for the dsr 505 hd unit tonight, found 14 pin header on board and 2 spots for a 10 pin to be soldiered, as well it has 2 xc chips in it i am going out on a limb that it may be 1 for sd and 1 for hd. one is normal m c stamped and has different rev that the dsr 401 the other is Xilinx xc2000 series that is interesting.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

is that a box with card? thats why there are 2 one for internal key one to process secure data from box to card
wicked

Post by wicked »

yes there is a card slot unused
wicked

update pics of dsr 505

Post by wicked »

as promised here are the pics of the dsr 505 HD unit on SC
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

J25 or J27 one should be JTAG port. Maybe the other is seriall port.
wicked

Post by wicked »

i was figuring jumper 28 as it is 14 pin for use with the 14 pin usb jtag tried it did get a connected in the jtag connection window. but wont work with the dct.dll of the usbjatg software.so i tried the sctest.dll from the usbbdm software but it wouldnt load. so i figure there needs to be a sctest.dll for the usbjtag if possible.Aslo sidenote it uses spansion ram so would need it added to the def file i belive here is pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

If I were you I will check the back of the board to see if pin 2 4 6 are grounded before I connect JTAG to it.
wicked

Post by wicked »

well unit is back and working fine so cant do that right now. if i get my hands on it again i will
duffy

Post by duffy »

wicked wrote:......also from what i have read there is a 5 pin header right beside the xc and apparently when the xc is loaded at the factory they blow fuses in the chip to not allow it to be written to to some point
The system use a battery to keep the memory data, if you remove it you'll have a ''E11'' and that prove that something change in memory. A true lock fuse was use in pal, gal device and it's not the case with this xc xillinx device type. However, The JTAG acces to the xc is probably locked as usbbdm already posted. I don't know if, by removing the batery it could reset this lock to get acces by jtag.

Please correct me if I'm wrong....

In other hand, the sctest.dll seem to have a problem to upload the last byte of a memory segment (firmware, dram and sram) that the 5 chip hardwire device type is able to get...??? I don't know why, probably a user problem but it could be interresting to know if someone already have this problem.
duffy

Post by duffy »

tester5 wrote:do not connect it..its not standard jtag....even if it is its lnot like modems one side grouind the other test pins.
I don't understand what you mean by do not connect it. If you want to make test, you should'nt be affraid to broke something and if you check the impedance at the pin you should be able to know if it's an input or a output. The protocole to get the com is probably unknow until now but should be similar to what is used by xilinx device.

Maybe important to mention what jtag we are talking about. motorola or xilinx ? I spoke about xc jtag possiblilities.

Ohhhh....I don't understand ''one side ground the other test pins''. You are talking about xc jtag ? If it's the case, what pins number it refer ?
duffy

Post by duffy »

tester5 wrote:well watch do not break jtag. thats my point...look see whats ground do not connect to test pin...on DVrs there are connections like that almost broke my dvr and jtag connecting to it for 2 seconds smoke came out of dvr./
OK, the question is what's trigger the detection flags to make the jtag acess denied ?
GideonOmega

Post by GideonOmega »

I thought I would post a pic of a DSR301 -- I couldn't zoom in with enough clarity to get a better shot so I uploaded to Imageshack

I have highlighted the 5 pin header near the XC and does anyone know what JP1 is used for it says FLSH next to it (circled as well)

EDIT: -- I meant J1 not Jp1