RNG110 Divorced

JTAG (NT) on Cable Boxes

Moderator: justsomeguy

stomperz

RNG110 Divorced

Post by stomperz »

I always thought the RNG110 card was married to the box.
All 4 of my RNG110's box's and card's have matching numbers SN -UR - Mac

3 are provisioned from CC 1 box is from ebay

I remove the card from provisioned box and installed in eb box.
Called CC and asked them to resend signal.
Box rebooted and after waiting a few minutes everything works fine.

So much for chastity!

This post was made in jest.
The RNG110 statement is true.
Sorry for my poor English, it is my primary language.:rolleyes:
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

stomperz wrote:I always thought the RNG110 card was married to the box.
All 4 of my RNG110's box's and card's have matching numbers SN -UR - Mac

3 are provisioned from CC 1 box is from ebay

I remove the card from provisioned box and installed in eb box.
Called CC and asked them to resend signal.
Box rebooted and after waiting a few minutes everything works fine.

So much for chastity!

This post was made in jest.
The RNG110 statement is true.
The Card or M-Card as its called can be married to any reciever and even to TV Sets that have M-Card Slots. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

CAPONE wrote:The Card or M-Card as its called can be married to any reciever and even to TV Sets that have M-Card Slots. ;)
This is my first time testing this box.
New to the experience.

I read there is a legal rule about making it adaptable to other devices.
Just thought it was funny that the # matched.

Shows that the card can be mated to other devices.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

stomperz wrote:This is my first time testing this box.
New to the experience.

Yes. Its a cool feature when used with a New TV with the M-Card Slot. You get all the same service without the exrta equipment.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

stomperz wrote:This is my first time testing this box.
New to the experience.

the real trick is getting into the m-card so we can start testing it..maybe usbbdm will take on a new project one day even though it hasn't to do with his jtags...:cool:
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:the real trick is getting into the m-card so we can start testing it..maybe usbbdm will take on a new project one day even though it hasn't to do with his jtags...:cool:
USBBDM Has Taken a look inside M-Card. ;) he posted a thread on it.
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

BTW: After removing the provisioned card and inserting the ebay card the box now seems to have d/l the area nvram.

It's getting the extended basic channels now and TV Guide. No HBO,HD ,etc.
Original ebay box had nothing.

One drawback is the warning screen that tells you to call your CC. It last's about 60 sec after every change with remote.

Edit: Warning Screen gone now, guess d/l did not finish when I last checked.

Not anything useful, but info anyway.
auroden

M-Card is a flexible Media-Cipher Device

Post by auroden »

What ever an M-Card was enabled to receive at the time of subscribing, it carries that capability until its deactivation.
The M-Card is acting as a Media-Cipher circuit the way the XC chip used to do on-board in the older DCT models.
As long as you are legit subscriber, you may use any M-Card to pair with any device you have in your household.
That is the beauty of the M-Card, it is not tied to the main board, it is a flexible Media-Cipher device.
If an M-Card was deactivated, it is a useless device until its subscription renewal.
Clue: What is the real challenge here?
macgyver12

Post by macgyver12 »

I'm getting the impression you haven't actually *tried* any of whats mentioned above.
auroden

Believe it or not ... It's up to you

Post by auroden »

I don't know what you do for living but I do this on a regular basis every day. I can pair any M-Card with any DCH/DCX model without problems. It is up to you to believe it or not but did you have a chance to do anything like that? You can't do this at home of course. You musty have access to the headend that serves you area. Cheers!
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

auroden wrote:I don't know what you do for living but I do this on a regular basis every day. I can pair any M-Card with any DCH/DCX model without problems. It is up to you to believe it or not but did you have a chance to do anything like that? You can't do this at home of course. You musty have access to the headend that serves you area. Cheers!
so your not really testing anything then are you? you are just using the headend's equipment to do what your job enables you to. have you ever tried to crack open a M-card and program it ? or just flick your switch and do what you gotta do for work? saying what you did is like saying that any box can be programmed to be wide open even without a sub...ya sure if you work for the caco in that area you can do it through their services and equipment, but doing this in a testing environment is 100% a whole different story
live your life like a beer commericial
auroden

Please don't get me wrong

Post by auroden »

So your not really testing anything then are you?
Wrong, I bought a USBJTAG to have some fun on my own at home, not at work. I sure had some fun with these Interesting Devices.
You are just using the headend's equipment to do what your job enables you to.
Correct, I used the provided equipment to do what I am paid for not for fun
Have you ever tried to crack open an M-card and program it ?
Yes, ask USBDM what happened to the thread where I posted pictures of the M-Card I cracked open
or just flick your switch and do what you gotta do for work?
Wrong, the equipment is used for local initializing, has nothing to do with any caco's subbing, doesn't work outside of the working environment
Saying what you did is like saying that any box can be programmed to be wide open even without a sub
Wrong again, never said that, it doesn't work that way
...ya sure if you work for the caco in that area
Nope, I am not a caco employee, I don't think any of them would share ahything here
but doing this in a testing environment is 100% a whole different story
True, much more difficult especially without the basic knowledge how things work in the digital world ...
macgyver12

Post by macgyver12 »

We know your intentions mean well. And we (speaking for most here) appreciate any help/input/research/discussion you may need or contribute we are not trying to discourage from that as well.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, nut understand that 99% here do not have access to tools you describe ( and a few of us know exactly what tool you are referring to) but in regards to 'obtainable' equipment/tools this community is quite limited....so while you in fact make it sound easy and possible....its not quite as easy and possible as you imply.

Usbbdm more than likely did.not delete the post in hopes of hiding information also. As far as programming with usbjtag, all info is here and available to all who need and trust MD there's enough info to do whatever your heart desires with pre-dch models.

In regards to Marriage of Mcard to another device you are correct it will not lose programming on card and there's technically two ways to accomplish...marry device to card and vice versa marry card to device.....the second being the more 'difficult' path. Doing so would "protect" any and all cablecard compliant device since the path of host UA is the path to Mcard which is the sole reason mating was introduced and enforced in the first place.
macgyver12

Post by macgyver12 »

Why does this guy insist on editing his posts 30 times in one day, and then deleting his own posts and blaming it on usbbdm??
auroden

Post by auroden »

macgyver12 wrote:Why does this guy insist on editing his posts 30 times in one day, and then deleting his own posts and blaming it on usbbdm??
I apologize for deleting my recent posts but I realized that I have disclosed to much personal stuff about me. That is the only reason I did that. As for the posts I mentioned earlier, send a PM to usbdm and ask him if he deleted those posts (better said the whole thread) about the M-Card. I believe he will confirm my statement. As far as the pursuing the M-Card testing I will still try to help with something if I can.
By the way, what's wrong with editing, sometimes one's head is not cool enough to keep the emotions and will write something that would regret later. That's the good side of editing.