If I have an already activated box

JTAG (NT) on Cable Boxes

Moderator: justsomeguy

haseeb

If I have an already activated box

Post by haseeb »

If I have a box that is already working with all the basic cable channels that I picked up at a yard sale, how can I get the box to continue to work for me? The box's service should have been terminated months ago because the original owner cancelled his service. and I am afraid if I plug it into the cable outlet, it might go away soon. How can I keep the service alive?
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

haseeb wrote:If I have a box that is already working with all the basic cable channels that I picked up at a yard sale, how can I get the box to continue to work for me? The box's service should have been terminated months ago because the original owner cancelled his service. and I am afraid if I plug it into the cable outlet, it might go away soon. How can I keep the service alive?
crazymenike wrote:You can start out by giving some more info. What type of cable box is it? HD/SD? Model #?
actually his best start is to READ up on what tools you require to use. then go through the forums and look for the model box you have. after you figure out those simple things take some time and read read read through the forums and understand what can and cannot be done. it's VERY SIMPLE what you ahve to do once you get the hang of it....but NO ONE here is going to SPOONFEED you ! so look around bud
live your life like a beer commericial
slugworth

closet

Post by slugworth »

definitely don't connect it to anything until you figure out what to do 100%
haseeb

Post by haseeb »

I have a USBJTAGNT in my possession, and the unit is a DCT700 working on comcast in south florida.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

haseeb wrote:I have a USBJTAGNT in my possession, and the unit is a DCT700 working on comcast in south florida.
out of everything that was just said to you THIS is what you answer with!! :mad: are you serious?:confused:

go back to where you came from if your not going to take the time to help yourself
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

By the looks of it I would say he can't read. Listen to what everyone has been telling you.... READ, READ, READ!!!

As stated before by justsomeguy, nobody here is going to spoonfeed you information, you need to get that on your own like the rest of us!
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
haseeb

Post by haseeb »

Its confusing for a beginner, all I am asking for is help on getting started. Im not asking you to spoon feed me. And why are you jumping to conclusions, I was replying to the first response asking me to provide my receiver's model number and name.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

haseeb wrote:Its confusing for a beginner, all I am asking for is help on getting started. Im not asking you to spoon feed me. And why are you jumping to conclusions, I was replying to the first response asking me to provide my receiver's model number and name.
I told you how to get started! start by reading the appropiate forums for your model reciever and getting to know the site and use the search function! when you ask the type of question you did your not gonna get much of an answer beside people bashing you for not even trying to do something for yourself! because if you did you would find the answers to your question pretty damn quick:rolleyes:

like i said it's very easy to do what you want to do. BUT....you have to take the time to do a bit of reading to figure stuff out. and if your not willing to take the time to do that then your in the wrong game buddy.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Here you Go. A LINK TO Three Vidoes By USBBDM on How to Do a BackUp, Programming and DeBricking of the DCT700. This Should get you Started.
BTW, There easy to Find If you NAV the entire Left Section Of your Screen. If you CAN'T HANDLE THAT, Then like Justsomeguy Said, YOUR IN THE WRONG HOBBY.

http://www.usbjtag.com/jtagdevices/dct700.php
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
haseeb

Post by haseeb »

Thank you Tundra, and not so much of a hobby for me, just trying to keep the tv in the den alive.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

haseeb wrote:Thank you Tundra, and not so much of a hobby for me, just trying to keep the tv in the den alive.
Theft Of Service is NOT condoned by this website.
haseeb

Post by haseeb »

great

10char
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

haseeb wrote:Thank you Tundra, and not so much of a hobby for me, just trying to keep the tv in the den alive.
Well In either Case, The more you Read, The More INFO You will have to allow you to keep things going. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
moddog

Post by moddog »

This thread starter also post the same question on S.B.H asking the same question and if he just type DCT700 in the search box he would find all he needs.
Good better best
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

You are insulting us by coming here and asking for advice and then saying it is not a hobby for you. It is a hobby for the rest of us, if you are insinuating that you are only doing this to get free programming then I hope the ban hammer comes down hard on you. USBJTAG.com and its forums and products are as diagnostic tools and should be used for that purpose. The members are here to assist you with issues in troubleshooting diagnostic issues that may arise from testing. Not for your amusement or to get your tv working again. Call your cable provider for that and pay your bill, I promise if you do that your tv will (should) stay on.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.