Post by Newb »

can anything be done with the dcx3400?
unnatl

Post by unnatl »

Hardware mod only.
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

unnatl wrote:Hardware mod only.
What kind of mods is required, and what it does ???

Have one dcx3400.
never played with that box before.
Opened it yersterday, had HD inside, 260 Gb, and media guard card inside.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

marthypaul wrote:What kind of mods is required, and what it does ???

Have one dcx3400.
never played with that box before.
Opened it yersterday, had HD inside, 260 Gb, and media guard card inside.
The Hardware MOD Keeps Box from takeing any Updates of firmware or any Hits from CC. You Lose the Guide with HardWare MOD.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
antwandavis1

Help

Post by antwandavis1 »

What needs to be done, to hard mod it because the other boxes have a
X6889m filter,what location to perform this mod.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

antwandavis1 wrote:What needs to be done, to hard mod it because the other boxes have a
X6889m filter,what location to perform this mod.
You have 3 different choices. Try them one by one and you will find Out whitch one is the Correct One.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
UserName

Post by UserName »

buy a filter that blocks you oob frequency and that it no need to open box. 72 or 75 whatever mhz is
do not believe what i say 10% its true :confused:
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

Would one of these work to block the OOB?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-Cable-Filte ... 1e65130d3b
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
lafraga

Post by lafraga »

MassModz wrote:Would one of these work to block the OOB?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-Cable-Filte ... 1e65130d3b
i do not think so but it wont hurt if you try it
Get rich or die trying
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

Ok, back on to the hardmod, I opened mine up today and there is no such filter to bridge the points.

I did notice however there are four tuners it seems underneath the metal plating, I tried jumping the first one with no success. The one with the bunch of 240 capacitors. The other 3 looked similar to each other so I did not even bother trying them. You have to do the jump on the bottom of the board

So if HM can be done with it, how about sharing where on the board we need to be since this board does not have the X6889M... I tried one of the four possible spots, and got nothing. Then I returned the box.

As it stands right now with people saying it can be hardmodded, proof is in the pudding. And so far there is no pudding.

@unnatl

Don't misinform people just because you read that other boxes can be hardmodded, you assume this one can be as well. The inside of this box is extremely different than other boxes which can be hardmodded, so I am unsure of why you would say they can be when quite clearly as of right now they cannot be. I could be wrong but I doubt it, don't make a statement if you cannot back it up.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MassModz wrote:Ok, back on to the hardmod, I opened mine up today and there is no such filter to bridge the points.

I did notice however there are four tuners it seems underneath the metal plating, I tried jumping the first one with no success. The one with the bunch of 240 capacitors. The other 3 looked similar to each other so I did not even bother trying them. You have to do the jump on the bottom of the board

So if HM can be done with it, how about sharing where on the board we need to be since this board does not have the X6889M... I tried one of the four possible spots, and got nothing. Then I returned the box.

As it stands right now with people saying it can be hardmodded, proof is in the pudding. And so far there is no pudding.

@unnatl

Don't misinform people just because you read that other boxes can be hardmodded, you assume this one can be as well. The inside of this box is extremely different than other boxes which can be hardmodded, so I am unsure of why you would say they can be when quite clearly as of right now they cannot be. I could be wrong but I doubt it, don't make a statement if you cannot back it up.
Unnatl Is Not Misinforming People. Just becouse you Don't Know and Could Not Firgure it Out, Does It mean that People are Lying when they say IT Can Be Done.
You Give Up to Easy.
Observation is the Key to Figure it Out. ;)
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

TUNDRA wrote:Unnatl Is Not Misinforming People. Just becouse you Don't Know and Could Not Firgure it Out, Does It mean that People are Lying when they say IT Can Be Done.
You Give Up to Easy.
Observation is the Key to Figure it Out. ;)

I gave up after one try, your right I need to try again. If he is not lying can I at least get a general location on where I need to be working.
I JTAGGED your mom.

usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Does anybody see it has JTAG port? What kind of CPU it has?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:Does anybody see it has JTAG port? What kind of CPU it has?
I will check and Get back To You On that.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

This is just me guessing, but it looked as though there are one of two possible jtag spots on the board, maybe more. (to solder a pin header, bent of course) I should have tested more before returning it to them. I will go back to CC on Monday and see about getting another one and take a picture of the whole board and of course soldering pin headers. :) TUNDRA, I will race you :p

Processor I believe is

MIPS, RISC based

I will be more specific when I open it up when I get it. I am willing to bet 10 to 1 it is a Broadcom MoCA of sorts.

The datasheet is extremely vague in terms of processor. But when I opened it up I do remember seeing a Broadcom processor. If only I had my camera on me, but I will tell you this, they make it a bitch to get to everything with the damn crimpled metal over the filters, it actually goes from front to back of the board itself. And of course also has the M-Card spot.
I JTAGGED your mom.