SB4XXX,SBV4XXX.
jackal

thank you juansel10 where can

Post by jackal »

i get that because i got 2 sb4100 that are mine havent been able to program the hackware to them iam honest iam new to this but been reading a lot and i had progress but not on those modems they got me stuck if you give a hand ill preacited a lot and thank you have gave me a hand couples of time and thank you very much for that bro thanks
tester5

Post by tester5 »

some are just bad ..
i found 10 so far that boot up and work but the jtag port is bad somehow cannot detect or no flash etc...
jackal

i need 2mb flash for sb4100 with

Post by jackal »

toshiba flash is to rescue 2 modems that i have for me the flash is 58fvt160 who could help just need the original flash.thank you
jackal

bdm got this problem all ready tried the poking this is the results

Post by jackal »

Broadcom BCM3350
IMPCODE 8009E8
DMA supoorted
Unknown flash type!
Report these two value to [email protected] ffff,ffff
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

You need to debrick the modem. USBJTAG has limited debrick. Try 0.30 see if it helps.
jackal

thankyou bdm let you the

Post by jackal »

results lets see if ge it working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you
jackal

ll down loaded the .30 debrick and did the poking

Post by jackal »

same thing cant get ie fix
IDCODE 0335017F
Broadcom BCM3350
IMPCODE 8009E8
DMA supoorted
Unknown flash type!
Report these two value to http://www.usbjtag.com/vbforum ffff,ffff
still same thing thank you anyway there any other way
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

How did you brick it?

I think tap command on NT might be able to do something but not sure. I can debrick SB5100 100% with NT's tap command. Since 4100 has no debug memory and it is hard to use the same method.
jackal

i was trying to put a hack firm but tried almost evething

Post by jackal »

nothing works can you add support for those kind of modems for sb4100 and sb4200 sbv4200 and sb4101. thank you for youre help if you want could send you the bin to see if something could be done for the modem or just throwed away.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Those modems are supported as far as programming. But as of debricking it depends how it is bricked.

If the modem is erased that is easy fix since you can get the flash type. If the modem is programmed a bad boot sometime it is hard and it is case by case. I have found 100% way on SB5100. I have not played on SB4100/SB4200 yet.
Form the IMPCODE you read, looks like there is some other problem which I cannot explain yet. The same IMPCODE was read from DCH70 but I am sure this is because the CPU and another device are chained on JTAG TDO-TDI. Your modem is unlikely to have the same issue.

If you tell me how it is brick it I can regenerate and possible to find a way to debrick it.
jackal

was trying to install sigma

Post by jackal »

but dont remember the procedure of what did becuse they were siting in box for long period of time i got one working the other just cant detect the flash most could is send you the bin file beacause i could steel read the device i think flash is erase complete.so let me if you want me to send you the bin file thenk you for youre help bdm.have nice weekend
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

If you can detect the flash you are likely to get it fixed.
Because SB4100/4200 CPU does not support debug memory. The programming is quite different. And I removed the fast programming in NT and leave the slow programming and it is reliable. Fast speed can be turned on but I do not think there is a lot of use.
jackal

the flash cant not be detect

Post by jackal »

thats the biggest problem.you think that with serial can be done give me youre advice let me know thank you.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

IF you cannot detect the flash. Most likely the modem has programmed bad program in it. It is impossible to fix it via serial. Lift flash and program it with a programmer is one option.

How many of those modem you have? If you tell me how you get bricked I might try to brick mine the same way so I can post how to fix it.
jackal

brick it try to programed like sb5100

Post by jackal »

some person told me that just tried just for experimenting with it so probly tied fix with willem programer to see if works.thank you