YQQER0217
-Intel 44-Pin 512 K Flash Memory

Code: Select all

AB28F400B5
E 5012
U2151113Y
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I use external 12 V to power E411 when dump.
If your flash is the same size as E411 then you can use it.
If not then modify the xml under config directory and make one. It is simply the definition of memory address.
durahax

Post by durahax »

usbbdm wrote:I use external 12 V to power E411 when dump.
If your flash is the same size as E411 then you can use it.
If not then modify the xml under config directory and make one. It is simply the definition of memory address.
Okay, it seems to be the same size. Do you think I can leave it in the vehicle and flash it? Cause it would be a lot easier to leave it in and be able to plug into a header rather then remove it every time I want to make a modification.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

You can leave in the car. But once enter BDM ON, the CPU is not running. Park your car safely. :)
cmaje72

Post by cmaje72 »

Hey durahax,
I saw your posts over on delco hacking about the interface. Looks promising. I have started working on the 411 but have not had a chance to get the BDM wiring done.
Looks like your ECU is almost the same as the 411...same CPU and flash chip. I'm just guessing from your username but is it for a diesel? Have you worked out the tuning defs yet?
durahax

Post by durahax »

cmaje72 wrote:Hey durahax,
I saw your posts over on delco hacking about the interface. Looks promising. I have started working on the 411 but have not had a chance to get the BDM wiring done.
Looks like your ECU is almost the same as the 411...same CPU and flash chip. I'm just guessing from your username but is it for a diesel? Have you worked out the tuning defs yet?
Yeah it's a diesel, my ECM is a E54 :) I need to get a dump first so I can mess with the code. I'll probably play with 411 code while I wait for my USB BDM NT to arrive. Maybe I'll have some time tomorrow.
durahax

Post by durahax »

Got the ECM wired up to a nice external BDM port. I also ordered some 80-Way Micro Pack stuff so I can do 411/E54 testing on the bench. I'm having an issue with detecting the ECM, just keeps resetting. Hopefully I can get this dumped sometime this week :)
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

That should be the watchdog. (reseting)
durahax

Whoa, that's not good...

Post by durahax »

I been busy this last week but tomorrow I will continue on this. Please use the info I post at your own risk! I made a really stupid mistake, I should have counted the pins. Bottom line don't believe everything you read on the internet. So the E54 ECM I'm working on is a 160-Pin MC68336/376, not a 144-Pin MC6833X. So the IFETCH and IPIPE in the diagram above is incorrect, here's how it should look. This may be wrong too for all I know. I need to take the ECM out again and fix the the wiring and try to dump again, then I'll know for sure.

Also huge thanks to the person who pm'd me this info, I owe you one.
cmaje72

Post by cmaje72 »

I went and counted the pins on the 411 I have on my bench. It also has 160 pins.

usbbdm - I am wondering if you could post a picture of the wiring on your test unit.
durahax

Post by durahax »

cmaje72 wrote:I went and counted the pins on the 411 I have on my bench. It also has 160 pins.

usbbdm - I am wondering if you could post a picture of the wiring on your test unit.
+1 on the picture :)

cmaje72 if you post some pics that would be cool too.

I just ordered a 411 ECM to experiment with. My ECM is $275 and I do not want to fry it, 411 was cheap. I ordered everything for my bench setup and may just wait till that gets here before I get myself in trouble. I'm going on vacation soon and need my vehicle, if something was to break at this point I would be paying out the ass for a new ECM. So I'm gonna hold off till I get back next weekend, should have the 411 and the stuff I need for my bench by then.

Also found this info on flashing 16207326 over BDM, it's the full article. Someone sent me them same pics from the article and told me it was a 411 witch is wrong - http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/ecm_info/3 ... part1.html

Also here's where the IFETCH and IPIPE should go according to the MC68336 160-Pin datasheet.
cmaje72

Post by cmaje72 »

I was going to try the pinout from this post:
http://www.omnituner.com/default.aspx?t ... posts&t=58

there is a message farther down the thread saying it didn't work though. I tried to contact Roger to find out if it is confirmed correct but got no reply.
durahax

Post by durahax »

cmaje72 wrote:I was going to try the pinout from this post:
http://www.omnituner.com/default.aspx?t ... posts&t=58

there is a message farther down the thread saying it didn't work though. I tried to contact Roger to find out if it is confirmed correct but got no reply.
I seen that, thing is production ECMs don't have IPIPE/IFETCH at the GM 90-Pin header. If you install jumpers then it will work, you need to find IPIPE/IFETCH MCU pins and trace them. My 411 was delivered, so now I have a ECM strictly for development. I'm sure people have figured it out, but keep the info to themselves :(
durahax

Post by durahax »

So I opened up the 12200411 I got. Although it's similar to 12210729 there's some differences. The MCU is the same, but that's where the fun stops. After tracing the pins on the 90-pin header I found that neither the diagram on gmecm or omnituner come close to being right for the 411/729 at least. 90% of the pins they tell you to use are dead. I quickly looked to see if something like ground matches the diagram. It didn't match, I see around 6 ground pins on the 90-pin header and none of them matched any diagrams I've seen. This means I need to find all the pins on the MCU and connect to the closest via. I'm thinking maybe the pinout on the 90-pin header changes with each MCU, not sure though.

usbbdm I could really use some input, if you don't have a pic no big deal. How did you make your connections when you dumped your 411? At the 90-pin header? The closest via? MCU pins?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

durahax wrote:So I opened up the 12200411 I got. Although it's similar to 12210729 there's some differences. The MCU is the same, but that's where the fun stops. After tracing the pins on the 90-pin header I found that neither the diagram on gmecm or omnituner come close to being right for the 411/729 at least. 90% of the pins they tell you to use are dead. I quickly looked to see if something like ground matches the diagram. It didn't match, I see around 6 ground pins on the 90-pin header and none of them matched any diagrams I've seen. This means I need to find all the pins on the MCU and connect to the closest via. I'm thinking maybe the pinout on the 90-pin header changes with each MCU, not sure though.

usbbdm I could really use some input, if you don't have a pic no big deal. How did you make your connections when you dumped your 411? At the 90-pin header? The closest via? MCU pins?
When I got the 411 from the member, he emailed me the diagram. I have since rebuild my PC and that email cannot be found. I am sure I was able to detect the flash and got the dump. If I was right, there was a wathcdog and I have to act fast and read several round to get the flash dump.