Spansion am29bdd160gb off board reading

This talks about BDM used on card Engine computer
tomanycars

Spansion am29bdd160gb off board reading

Post by tomanycars »

Hi

I have a dead sid803a volvo ecu from a v50. The processor Is dead and no coms at all even through BDM.
I managed to retrieve the data from the eeprom. But the flash seems to be a little more tricky. The processor is a go between for accessing the data on the flash. , I was curious to know if Usbjtag can gains coms too the chip if I where to remove it and place it on a dev board.?
usbbdm

Re: Spansion am29bdd160gb off board reading

Post by usbbdm »

Are you sure the content of the flash is still good? In some cases, if the flash gets corrupted, you can't get BDM access. U-link NT is not designed to read nor flash directly. Ii is possible with some hacks. Find a working board (BDM) replaced the flash with the one you want to read.
tomanycars

Post by tomanycars »

usbbdm wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:05 am Are you sure the content of the flash is still good? In some cases, if the flash gets corrupted, you can't get BDM access. U-link NT is not designed to read nor flash directly. Ii is possible with some hacks. Find a working board (BDM) replaced the flash with the one you want to read.
At this current time it is very possible the flash is corrupt , as its not able to be read I can't confirm it , I had considered buying a zif reader for my dataman which can read this type flash off board but I am loathed to spend almost £500 for the pleasure of finding out it is indeed corrupted , this type of job doesn't come in very often so it's not always cost affective option.

I may source a donor of the same type and solder it too the board. There is a chance ill get 2 bricks or ecu ornaments :lol:
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

If the reason you cannot BDM it is because of corrupted flash. You might get away to still use BDM to revive it. Come to the main site so I can guide you fix it via remote desktop.
I am talking about chat not the forum discuss.
tomanycars

Post by tomanycars »

usbbdm wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:19 am If the reason you cannot BDM it is because of corrupted flash. You might get away to still use BDM to revive it. Come to the main site so I can guide you fix it via remote desktop.
I am talking about chat not the forum discuss.
I tried via bdm last night via the bdm pins and it doesn't Even detect the ecu. This flash tool I have goes through the processor too access the flash & eeprom. , and the processor isn't responding. I may have to bite to bullet at by the zif connector so I can attempt it even if it's unsuccessful at least I'll know.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

That is why you need my remote help. Your CPU might still be good and you might be able to recover it via BDM.
Or follow this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ltzR1LUKCk
tomanycars

Post by tomanycars »

usbbdm wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:53 am That is why you need my remote help. Your CPU might still be good and you might be able to recover it via BDM.
Or follow this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ltzR1LUKCk
It might be handy although in the example video the flash was formated. If there is a way to gain access too the data without formating it first then it might be feasible.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Of course.