log OOB data

Here you can put bug report of USB JTAG/BDM or features or device you want to support. Please submit wish list only. Other topics will moved out from this forum
merkin

log OOB data

Post by merkin »

Can you look into logging the OOB transport stream? I want to get firmware and other data directly from the stream. The OOB is a standard mpeg2 transport stream transmitted by dvb-ssi spec

I connected my logic analyzer and confirmed the data is accurate.

Can TDO pin log this OOB data stream if you clock it at the correct rate?

Or maybe you could build the seperate hardware.I would pay up to $100 for hardware to log this OOB mpeg transport stream.

The DATA, CLK, and PktStart, signals can be found very easy on any set-top with a cable card. The cable card pinout is open standard...DRX and CRX are data and clock, respectively.

Most importantly 01000111 (binary) = 0x47 (hex)
0x47 = start of mpeg packet header.

There are many open source mpeg tools to parse the stream after its logged.
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

Here is a typical Mootorola OOB signal path. Usually the OOB data signal is a QPSK modulated signal at lower frequencies (70-120 MHz). Another (much higher bandwidth) data signal that boxes receive resides within the InBand spectrum (120-860 MHz) and is received by the DOCSIS tuner. This signal uses QAM modulation. You might know these things but I just meant to throw in some details for other members to better understand what you are looking for in your quest. Most of the newer boxes include DOCSIS tuners that work exactly as internet modems.
To make it more clear this DOCSIS is one way downstream and it is called DSG (DOCSIS Settopbox Gateway) and runs on 6 MHz bandwidth (USA) comparing to 1.5 MHz bandwidth on the OOB data downstream.
Both OOB and DSG use MPEG-2 data stream (authorization information, EPG data, code downloads and interactive data). Anyway, good luck with your project.
duffy

Post by duffy »

R5000-HD could log that...however it seem to be no longer available. Check on web site maybe support could help you.
merkin

Post by merkin »

Thanks, I wonder if it will handle the gapped clocked.
The driver inf references the default cypress fx2lp vid/pid. It then renumerates with 3rd party id's.
This *may* be very easy product to clone if anyone can get their hands on one.

But...I may have found an even better option.
http://www.sat.cc.ua/page4.html

usbbdm should take a close look at that link. Those boards are very cheap in fact I already own all of them.

The project is based on fx2lp (just like r5000-hd), but also uses the cpld for serial>parallel conversion.

@usbbdm
Can you take a closer look at this project. The hardware should be very familair ;)
duffy

Post by duffy »

Hello,

not sure what you mean by handle the gapped clocked.

The r5000 use 3 signal(clk, data, ptk start) to recover the full stream that can be read later (or live) with any software like tsreader. The better option you refer does'nt seem to use the packet start to sync (whatever may do the same thing).

That can be interresting to use something like dvblast to return the stream to the ird. I let you guess some hardware setup to...

Not sure if someone is willing to un-solder the ic to reverse engineering r 5000.