wrt350n

This is JTAG to debrick any JTAG device. Modem, cable boxes, dish boxes routers.
d0

wrt350n

Post by d0 »

hello i flashed openwrt for this wrt350n through the web int. in dd-wrt. after that it stopped working for internet usage.

I can successfully detect the flash ID.

i can read the CFE but the KERNEL and NVRAM just show as Blank (FFFF's).

I can't program the kernel because it just always stays as blank when i power cycle. I also can't program or erase the nvram because when i try to erase nvram the program crashes. I am using WRT54G4M XML and I have tried using the windows versions .52 (i think), .60 and linux versions .55 and .60. all have same issue.

I tried power to the router with usbjtag nt unplugged and I tried to erase and then sprogram kernel. very strange problem, i tried the same with 'debug on' and 'trap on'. I am guessing my next step is to wipe out the CFE and try to debrick but the LEDs seem responsive and it detects fine so I am not sure if it is really bricked.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

ak4d7 wrote:hello i flashed openwrt for this wrt350n through the web int. in dd-wrt. after that it stopped working for internet usage.

I can successfully detect the flash ID.

i can read the CFE but the KERNEL and NVRAM just show as Blank (FFFF's).

I can't program the kernel because it just always stays as blank when i power cycle. I also can't program or erase the nvram because when i try to erase nvram the program crashes. I am using WRT54G4M XML and I have tried using the windows versions .52 (i think), .60 and linux versions .55 and .60. all have same issue.

I tried power to the router with usbjtag nt unplugged and I tried to erase and then sprogram kernel. very strange problem, i tried the same with 'debug on' and 'trap on'. I am guessing my next step is to wipe out the CFE and try to debrick but the LEDs seem responsive and it detects fine so I am not sure if it is really bricked.
Which version of WRT350N you have. I can help you via teamviewer. As long as the flash can be detected you should not have issue to program it. The flash is 8M I think.
d0

Post by d0 »

your right it is 8MB i was using the 4MB xml. I will try again.

EDIT:
I fixed it, the weird thing is i am pretty sure i had been using the 4MB def. for a while before this with no issues.