DCT700 no light

This is JTAG to debrick any JTAG device. Modem, cable boxes, dish boxes routers.
pasor

DCT700 no light

Post by pasor »

I have a dct700 without no light, I manage to get the light back but when I connect it to the line I get no guide or any menu function working. I tried to fix it back now I can not get the light back, here is my step I am using:
ldram boot
erase boot
sprogram boot
reset
ldram plat
program plat

Any inf will be appreciated.
jatucker

Post by jatucker »

When you had it working with no guide or menu that could be from an outdated firmware, make sure you have the current firmware for your area. You can try reducing the speed when programming to help get it back online. Once you have it working load the current plat and if possible leave the boot alone.
pasor

Post by pasor »

The firmware is not outdated, now the problem is I can not get the power light on.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

pasor wrote:The firmware is not outdated, now the problem is I can not get the power light on.
First = Had you left it alone with no guide It would have downloaded itself. :D

Second = now that its screewed you need to debrick, Its as easy as that Dude. ;)
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

TVguide is not in the plat. Your CC will download the apps (tvguide) to your box. Plat is the basic firmware that gives you access to the chanels. The apps are the ones that give you the tbguide.
jatucker

Post by jatucker »

A bad or missing app shouldn't stop the box from powering up. A bad boot or plat will. Once he gets the boot and plat corrected then worry about tv guide.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

jatucker wrote:A bad or missing app shouldn't stop the box from powering up. A bad boot or plat will. Once he gets the boot and plat corrected then worry about tv guide.
Theres no need to worry, It will download itself.
pasor

Post by pasor »

When I had a light and connected to tv the only option I had is change the channel by up or down or input the number, as I was inputing the number I could not see the number on the screen. I tried to debricked still no power.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

pasor wrote:When I had a light and connected to tv the only option I had is change the channel by up or down or input the number, as I was inputing the number I could not see the number on the screen. I tried to debricked still no power.
First to make sure if plat is working properly, you should be able to power on / off the DCT700 and go to diag screen. If not Then you need to program the boot and platform properly.
If you then have the valid NVRAM the TVGuide should download itself (about half an hour).

If you cannot power on/off you then need to consider debrick.
pasor

Post by pasor »

usbbdm wrote:First to make sure if plat is working properly, you should be able to power on / off the DCT700 and go to diag screen. If not Then you need to program the boot and platform properly.
If you then have the valid NVRAM the TVGuide should download itself (about half an hour).

If you cannot power on/off you then need to consider debrick.
I debricked with original boot and also I have all the back up still no light.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

pasor wrote:When I had a light and connected to tv the only option I had is change the channel by up or down or input the number, as I was inputing the number I could not see the number on the screen. I tried to debricked still no power.
DUDE If you give it time it will download. Done that many times. As for debrick, If it didn't work then you did somthing wrong or have bad backup. That Simple.
pasor

Post by pasor »

TUNDRA wrote:DUDE If you give it time it will download. Done that many times. As for debrick, If it didn't work then you did somthing wrong or have bad backup. That Simple.
I have the original back, can not be a bad backup.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

pasor wrote:I have the original back, can not be a bad backup.
It sure can be, You said your self when you debrick the unit still has no power light then that should tell you somthing or again the back up may be good and you are doing somthing wrong. FYI you can use Any Good Backup to debrick , Does not have to be the original from that particular DCT700. ;)

If you can't get it done Bring it By and I can fix for you. :D
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I offer you to help you via logmein and check your PM. You missed my last time in chat and see if you can get me tonight.
pasor

Post by pasor »

I played with it for few times and I got the power light on, thanks for everyone help, I will post the update.