sb5100 flash wont program, always 0xFF

This is JTAG to debrick any JTAG device. Modem, cable boxes, dish boxes routers.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

suteny0r wrote:I noticed the bricked modem stayed in DEBUG mode.

what is the proper method to ensure that it does not initialize in DEBUG mode?

btw, are EuroDJ's suggestions as ridiculous and destructive as they sound? Do you ban users for such pranks?

fyi, http://www.virustotal.com/ indicates that both usbjtagNT.exe contains 'suspicous' behavior, and usbjtag.exe in fact, contains malware/trojans. You may wish to investigate, as it casts your product in an unflattering light.
Sounds like someone is trying screw sales by making people think twice about buying the Product. ENVY ENYONE???????????????:D
And BTW What was Posted by EuroDJ Is not a Scam Nor a Prank , I Do agree it may and can be Destructive However it has been widely reported to work AS A LAST OPTION. Take that last coment for what its worth.;)
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

suteny0r wrote:Why is the 5100 no-dma, and the 5101 dma?

can this be changed with a console command?

if one way or the other is more reliable, but possibly a little slower, i would have liked the default to be the more conservative of the two
USB JTAG NT is just a development tool. Program the flash is just one little usage. When you DEBRICK a device, you need to know more than simple programming. If you cannot understand what it says you can use what is suggested. Most people are trying to learn more while testing.

So DMA mode only exist for some CPUs. Non-DMA should work for all the CPUs. The DMA mode has some usage under certain condition.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:USB JTAG NT is just a development tool. Program the flash is just one little usage. When you DEBRICK a device, you need to know more than simple programming. If you cannot understand what it says you can use what is suggested. Most people are trying to learn more while testing.

So DMA mode only exist for some CPUs. Non-DMA should work for all the CPUs. The DMA mode has some usage under certain condition.
Great info. Never realy cared what the hole DMA thing was about as long as the tool works But now with this info I can look at things from a defferent prospective. Thanks for the info.