Is my SB5100 dead?

This is JTAG to debrick any JTAG device. Modem, cable boxes, dish boxes routers.
Candungo

Is my SB5100 dead?

Post by Candungo »

I have a SB5100 that cost me only $5 bucks I'm not sure what is wrong with it ,when I connect the power plug all lights flash and they all turn off quick.I'm new hacking modems and need the help with what I need to make it work if it is possible.I goggle sb5100 hacks and when I saw how many tutorials are out there trust me I got scare because you read something then another person says it doesn't or try this etc.etc..So far what I have learn is,in order to hack a sb5100 you need a build a JTAG cable and use a software called BlackCat to communicate with your modem.The only thing that I have done so far is build my own chip less JTAG cable using resistors and I will be opening the modem to solder the 10 pin header.I open the modem and it has the 10 pin header on it that tells me someone (my friend) was trying to hack it but ending doing something wrong,of course I'm speculating this.

What should I do ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Looks like you get a bricked modem when someone already tried to do some JTAGing on it. blackcat software is not good at debricking. If you do not like challenge throw this modem away and have some fun with something else. Otherwise if you willing to spend hours on how to fix it. (it is possible it can be fixed but it might also be dead already) you need to do a lot of reading and might need to get a USB JTAG NT from here (which cost a lot more than the modem worth $5).
Candungo

Post by Candungo »

Thanks for the respond.
I'm up for the challenge,where should I start? :confused:

I think I'm going to try this.
Unbrick Your SB5100

things you will need before you begin:

t-10 screwdriver
blackcat cable
10pin header
schwarzekatze.exe [tcniso cd]
SB5100_NOSH.BIN [binaries page]
SB5100-0.3.1.6-SCM01-NOSH.bin [binaries page]
motorola_1.bin [binaries page]

2. open up modem, attach blackcat cable, turn on the modem. [note: make sure 10pin header is not loose]

3. update schwarzekatze to build 134 [or latest build]. start program. [if using vista, click continue after error msg, flash will still work fine]

4. click flash tab, then click 'write all' and select the file:
"SB5100_NOSH.BIN" located at:
C:Program FilesTCNiSOSB5100 Bios [takes 30-45 minutes]

* important: if any errors occur during steps 4-6 start process over!!!

5. next, click on the 'SB5100' tab, click 'program' and select:
"SB5100-0.3.1.6-SCM01-NOSH.bin" default location is:
C:Program FilesTCNiSOSB5100 Firmware [takes about 20 minutes]

6. in the same tab, under 'bootloader' select:motorola_1.bin
default location: C:Program filesTCNiSOsb5100 bootloader
then click 'flash' [takes about 30 seconds]

7. ur done. test by disconnecting all cables, then attach ethernet and power. open up a web browser and type 192.168.100.1 in address bar

8. done correctly u will see the "motorola manufactures" page.
cannot access the page? u may fall under the following...

a) manually configure ur tcp/ip settings & use configuration below
b) ur shit might be dead, buy new modem, or
c) you did something wrong, start over.
d) prey step "8a" works

IP: 192.168.100.10
Sub: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.100.1
DNS: leave blank