Why is debug ON and debug off keep on toggling?

This is JTAG to debrick any JTAG device. Modem, cable boxes, dish boxes routers.
MaXt

Why is debug ON and debug off keep on toggling?

Post by MaXt »

I have a SB5100 modem that is bricked. I tried everything to try to debrick it. I saw some recent posts bout using flash_ce to high and debricking DMA cpus, etc.

I seem to have a board that toggles DEBUG ON and OFF every second or so. When debug is ON, I can't detect manufacturer and when it is OFF I can. How i know is that I watch he status bar and hit F1 many times and at the right moment, I can get manufacturer, etc.

Any help on debricking this type of modem is appreciated!
Naztheros

Post by Naztheros »

Debug ON & OFF switching each second can be a driver problem. That also happens when you use usbjtag under VMWare (it does not work under vmware).
~~ When everything fails... READ THE MANUAL!!! ~~
MaXt

Post by MaXt »

Well, it has always been working on my computer and the usb doesn't disconnect or anything like that.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

It looks to me like that the bricked modem has triggered reseting device.
At the CPU starts up and at some pont it indicate the DEBUG ON. I do not think this is reliable state.
Is your software activated properly? Check the title bar with licence info.
If so, the pull high CE should do the trick.
MaXt

Post by MaXt »

I copied the license over from 0.21. It says SB510X LICENSE ONLY TO: - in the title bar...
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

MaXt wrote:I copied the license over from 0.21. It says SB510X LICENSE ONLY TO: - in the title bar...
That is BIG problem. If you are using yahoo email to receive the activation file, please forward your email to ISP ASAP, you will then see your email address in the title bar. If not do not do anything to the modem!!!. I will fix this problem soon.

Yahoo email modify the txt file while save the attachment.
arcanexiii

Post by arcanexiii »

usbbdm wrote:That is BIG problem. If you are using yahoo email to receive the activation file, please forward your email to ISP ASAP, you will then see your email address in the title bar. If not do not do anything to the modem!!!. I will fix this problem soon.

Yahoo email modify the txt file while save the attachment.
same problem here
but gmail.com
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Send activation request again. You will get one more time in rar format.
arcanexiii

Post by arcanexiii »

usbbdm wrote:Send activation request again. You will get one more time in rar format.
thanks
working now