Sb4100 (Intel and Toshiba) DEAD with Usbjtag

This is JTAG to debrick any JTAG device. Modem, cable boxes, dish boxes routers.
axelur

Sb4100 (Intel and Toshiba) DEAD with Usbjtag

Post by axelur »

Already detected the flash Intel, and wanted to put the hackware 2.03, then I do this:

detect
ldram 9fc00000
(load hackware 2.03)
program 9fc00000 200000
no problem
cmpram 9fc00000 200000
Compair data ok
All Ok.

I disconnect the Usbjtag, connect network cable.. all.
I check in http://192.168.100.1 and nothing.

The first 3 leds fix and the led online never returned.
When I connect the usbjtag again fail to recognize the flash, but I do everything to recognize the flash Intel.

How can I put the hackware?

Note: I got the original files backup, Flash full, firm1, firm0, cfg0, ram. How can I put these files again?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I am not modem expert. Are you sure the firmware you are loading should be loaded at boot area. If you happen to program the wrong boot, you need to use debrick (rescue) mode to recover it. 0.19 should be able to help you recover it as long as you have the original back up firmware.
dragonmas

Post by dragonmas »

I have a full dump of a 4100 with hackware if needed.
axelur

Post by axelur »

dragonmas wrote:I have a full dump of a 4100 with hackware if needed.
PLease send me!

[email protected]

please!
axelur

Post by axelur »

I did the rescue look at:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8316/datosoe6.jpg

But, just the 3 first leds return, online never.
Juansel10

Post by Juansel10 »

axelur wrote:I did the rescue look at:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8316/datosoe6.jpg

But, just the 3 first leds return, online never.
check the personal message i leave to you!!!
axelur

Post by axelur »

Juansel10 wrote:check the personal message i leave to you!!!
ok, thanks!
tester5

Post by tester5 »

works fine...
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Blob wrote:This is a bug.... Happens on all 4100s I have... 3 of them.... Any idea how to recover? Im going to have to use parrael jtag am I?? I can get it to erase / flash again but still will just either be 1 led light / 3 led light solid... I think It'd work if we could program bootloader on the modem but that isn't in the usbjtag.def I've been trying to find out what range it is stored on the 4100 so I could add to .def and program boot sector.... How can I find out??
debrick 4100(4200) never had any problem. I only had one problem with MN 700 router. That router has special EJTAG mode that does not seem to be able to handle high TCK. It actually is not compatible with EJTAG as the specification tells it must support TCK at lease 40MHz.
axelur

Problem resolve with 3 leds fix and load hackware in sb4100.

Post by axelur »

Blob wrote:Axelur were you able to recover / get your 4100 working at all? Let us know ;)
Blob, Are u admin of SBH?
In these forum i'm sbhackmex..

anyway,
If you haven't problem with debricking or reflashing, then load the new firmware is simple.

Download and Look at this method:
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=jmgtw7mzwjc

mirror:
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/3196423 ... ne4100.rar

Someone have an idea about how to establish stable frequencies, because in my modem, the frequencies are constantly changing and only the led send blinking, but fails can never online with any Mac. I tried with telnet commands, but I can not establish the frequencies...
Help me please!
Blob

Post by Blob »

Not a admin there anymore I stepped down.....

Anyways I was unable to recover the 4100s using these methods you left in that other thread it seems that we'd need a backup of every tab off a good modem using the new .def settings 4100parts.. that one... But I'll try these methods you just posted here twr night... thanks for the tip on that.... now... frequencies are forced onto the modem by the config file it grabs or the default freq that is open for all modems on every isp... You should let it sit and scan thur all possible freqs... or if you know of a good config from your isp / or already have one... try opening it up w/ difilecpe or something like that and check out and see if it's locked on to a certain freq.. if so then use that freq.. if you can't read / open the file due to encryption then let it sit and scan / scan /scan till it finally finds and locks on to one... has it even ever locked on to one??? Are you also sure your using a mac from outside your node? what are the logs saying?? pm me the telnet logs or logs from the http://192.168.100.1 page...

edit... couldnt wait to try... so i had to try and yes.... it worked!!! Thanks!!! now gonna try on a couple others :D I'd recommend this be the first step @ flashing the 4100 tho... I did this on a Unmodded / virgin sb4100..... Didn't seem to recover the bricked ones already but I'll keep on tryin' ;-)

thx!
Blob
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Blob, if you think you can not debrick SB4100, setup VNC and let me take a look.
I was always able to debrick SB4100 and SB4200. Do not seem to be any problem. It is not possible you have ALL SB4X00 bricked and not able to debrick it. Something must be wrong.
I would recomend all people start to use 0.21 now as I will not support earlier version. If there is any bug in the latest release (new or old), it will be fixed in latter release.
Blob

Post by Blob »

usbbdm wrote:Blob, if you think you can not debrick SB4100, setup VNC and let me take a look.
I was always able to debrick SB4100 and SB4200. Do not seem to be any problem. It is not possible you have ALL SB4X00 bricked and not able to debrick it. Something must be wrong.
I would recomend all people start to use 0.21 now as I will not support earlier version. If there is any bug in the latest release (new or old), it will be fixed in latter release.

I got it finally debricked!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!! I actually took the time to check out the debrick video and did it!!! Thanks alot man!!!! Now I can finally rescue all my other sb4100s!!!

Thanks!!
Blob
tester5

Post by tester5 »

you only need to program the images off a good copy from a already patch modems...

the firmwares that are out there are diferent then the one you have to program with jtag.

so not every tab just 1 and 2...then use same firms on all other modems..

you can even do more with 4100 and 4200 lot more...i get 22Mb on comcast with 4100 by using a original firmware and forcing cfg just like the new ones...

also ...you can modify settings in all modems to make the modem use internal settings to go online...but you have to update those settings to the ones from company...also you can connect in different nodes with just little change...and scan macs...and many more tricks i dont even see anyone even mention.
Blob

Post by Blob »

heh i know all that already it was just a pain getting it debricked till i finally saw the video and how it was done properly which was the #1 issue i was having in the first place... Not Debricking properly... I've got all my 4100s up and running now 1.7 Sigma w/ the 0/0 mac snapped in and i get like 32mb down & 2.5mb up on charter I chose 1.7 Sigma cuz I know they don't brick on the 4100s like they do on the 4200s I just love being able to store the 0/0 in the nvram / flash memory for it to use in case my 0/0 mac gets nuked on charter i can simply just use a 5/1 mac or some regular mac and still use the 0/0 config since its sitting on the modem in the flash storage system :D

Thanks USBBDM again for pointing out the True DEBRICK method!!
Blob